Crystal has arrived!!!!!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
These are pics my dealer sent this morning...the car should be ready in a while, wife even stayed home from work for this! First two mods already ordered last night ( redline hood struts, JLT intake tube CF). Tint scheduled for tomorrow....also stay tuned for MOAR pictures later today after I drive her, some video and then I promise a nice long review of the process, and the car! :rockon:

Update: Ok guys just got home from putting on about 100 miles.
Initial impressions:
First the negatives which Ill begin with the shifter. Its not bad, but its not great either as far as what Im used to. It is very quiet which is nice, but a bit sloppy and long. Thats a future mod for sure. Also no grind 1-2 whatsoever. The way I shift is clutch to the ground, yank the shifter back. No issues. I also dont like 6th much, you really have to make sure you push and pull to not miss. Other than that, No issues.
If you want to call this a negative; the mysync gets getting used to. If you are not computer literate, it will frustrate. My wife and I figured it out quickly, we also got a tutorial. As of now, no negatives to report other than the stupid prop rod and lack of LED fogs. Also louder supercharger would be nice and the exhaust while awesome, is missing a tad of throatiness.

Ok the good stuff:Wow is this car beautiful! its refined, aggressive, brutish, comfortable....It has it all! The archaic SRA rides very well as confirmed by my wife who is 8 months pregnant. The car felt good in my hands, sport steering is my preference. The base wheels are absolutely awesome in person. Pics do not do them justice. The power is absolutely intoxicating, the power will corrupt you. I quickly realized the respect needed to drive this car and the amount of time needed to get used to it. After the 100 miles I felt much more confident in the ride, dimensions, clutch work, all that! For example a pull in 4th from 70-125 takes no time and it feels like your doing 80 whole time! scary really! For all the street/racing roll racers, this car will easily demolish most

Power: A+
Ride:A-
Comfort:A
Amenities/Ergonomics:A-
Clutch:A
Shifter:B
Looks:A+
Sound:A-
Stereo:B+
Dealer service:A

anyway guys ill add to this tonight once I get more seat time. Heres a few more pics for now. Give me some time to add more, maybe some videos, and a better review. Thanks for all the well wishes and I promise to stick around. And yes im definitely looking forward to the birth of my daughter! :beer:

update 2: well took the car out for more cruising...it is a blast around town and on the highway! Im really getting a feel for it, however the 2-3 shift is not as smooth as I want and that mostly my fault, getting used to the engagement point. When you go into 6th and just cruise, car is very docile, almost refined ( not like a zl1 though!) and gets decent mileage! However, the car almost talks to you in a creepy way, makes you want to push the go pedal.....3rd gear pull, 4th gear pull....doesnt matter its a god damn rocket! scary fast fellas! and when you are giving it the gusto, boy does it suck down the gas! But its so worth it!

So thus far after 150 miles....love love love the damn car! its absolutely awesome! Still would change the shifter, having issues with my ipod connecting right...but all the other tech works great, voice commands, phone calls, etc. Have not used track apps yet, was messing with mykey and now I cant bring up the track apps :cuss:

anyway thats it for now....check back for more! drive safe, respect the power!

Update 3: Man this car has Gobs of power! I can already tell that with more seat time, miles the car will get stronger and my confidence will build. It is a head turned for sure, people just stare! with this color im an easy target for racers and cops....im not worried about either one. So im getting used to the shifter, im liking it more and getting more used to the clutch engagement...the car is very very easy when just granny shifting cruising around...it seems to enjoy when you drop the hammer! 2-3 shift is still weird but ill get it. Was having issues with my sync ipod interface, found the problem to be a faulty cable all is well! I highly recommend redline hoodstruts prolift. 5 min install...literally! Tints look great, add to the look and cut down on heat....brakes are no issue as of now, car stops with confidence. Still no 1-2 grind and I tried to get it....nothing. Steering is good, I prefer sport though comfort is very nice too. The more you use it, the more pronounced supercharger whine is even when idling....cant wait for the JLT tube, should be here anyday. Base seats are comfortable, I like them alot, hold me well and work with my wide frame plus concealed handgun on right side. Im still loving the fit and finish, The LCD screen is awesome....have not tried track apps yet. Ill get back to you on that.

Update 4: so today I got the JLT tube installed, looks great and added a lil more whine. Havent driven with it on yet. Driving yesterday I noticed the supercharger whine does get more pronounced as the car breaks in and loosens up. The power is amazing....and linear. Its flat delivery and im still amazed at how nice it can be when just cruising...something the wife appreciates. One thing I wish they had added was a matching brembo caliper in the back with a 2 piston caliper. Thus far im loving the car and really getting comfortable in it, even with the sloppy shifter. Something Ill address later on. Also let me tell you...this car puts bus lengths on vehicles, quickly even those that are turbo charged 4 bangers known to be quick...thats all im saying....:lol1:

Update 5: So the obvious is that I absolutely love and adore this car! It definitely attracts attention, car shows, street, whereever! the color obviously pops and I love it! Have a nice detail scheduled for tomorrow! anyway just a quick list of things I like and things I dont:
Love the power, handling, comfort, technology, ability to get good mileage on a nice long trip. The car is almost a wolf in sheeps clothing, besides the look at me styling and when you open her up, boom! Im definitely not breaking her in gently, finally took her up to 6K rpm...the rush of power is amazing and scary. Respect is necessary for this car!

Dont like the brake dust ( will fix at some point), dont like the small gas tank (another 2 gallons would be perfect). Dont like the tiny ugly rear caliper. Also not a fan of the non matching fog light, but it lights up the road well. Now while I love the exhaust note, it could be more throaty and rumbly so im exploring options to avoid an option that requires tuning and an option that eliminates the quad tip because I really like that. Perhaps the Boss midpipe with the side exhaust dump? plus having the option of putting the plate back for long trips is cool...stay tuned for that

Other than that the car is great, it makes me feel at home, connected. The shaker pro IMO is very good, enough for me certainly. Love the HID's very bright and good vision at night. The LCD is great and the amount of gadgets is a nice touch (gauges, colors, etc). All in all I give the car a solid 9 out of 10, only because there is always a little room for improvement!

imagejpeg952_15.jpg

photobucket-9002-1340826669537.jpg

2012-06-27_17-05-47_722.jpg

IMG_20120627_182258.jpg

2012-06-27_19-27-18_55.jpg

2012-06-27_19-27-28_444.jpg

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
very nice combo you have there. can't wait for your reviews and videos

Users who are viewing this thread