Current New Vehicle Market

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember tons of folks saying:

"Dealer lots will never be full again". "You will NEVER see long term 0% or crazy discounts ever again".

Remember like it was yesterday lol.

Manufacturers are stupid and greedy.

Lots of plant manager and VP bonuses are based on units produced or sold, not necessarily margins on the units.

They also get hyper scared of missed opportunities and conquest sales. They'd rather sell you a F150 for a loss then lose their "best selling truck" status even if being #3 means they are more profitable.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Manufacturers are stupid and greedy.

Lots of plant manager and VP bonuses are based on units produced or sold, not necessarily margins on the units.

They also get hyper scared of missed opportunities and conquest sales. They'd rather sell you a F150 for a loss then lose their "best selling truck" status even if being #3 means they are more profitable.

Exactly.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Also...

It's not terrible.

1000012201.jpg

1000012203.jpg

1000012204.jpg

kaz109

Established Member
I don’t like the color matched fenders they come with now… not at all. It’s something a guy with a Starbucks punch card would do. Also don’t like the green on orange but if you’re a hunter I guess you’d be into it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
uhhhh we were talking about the ford racing whipple kit on a dark horse. The warranty is the only reason I can see someone buying a ford racing kit and paying one of their approved people to do the install

Everything about this paragraph sounds like a waste….

Sounds like something Vette guys at cars and coffee would do…

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Like, I don't get it.

It's a motorcycle. They are unsafe, impractical and not cost effective. You ride for the exhilaration and experience, 90% of that is the engine. Flat twins, V twins, Inline 4, L Twins, Triples, V4s, Parallels.... Each has its own sound, feel and charm.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t like the color matched fenders they come with now… not at all. It’s something a guy with a Starbucks punch card would do. Also don’t like the green on orange but if you’re a hunter I guess you’d be into it.

Think I agree. I like the black fenders.

Color "choices" are wildly different in other regions of the USA for some reason lmao.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Sold. Heading to Park City, UT.
Awesome. One of these showed up at the dealership in my middle of nowhere hometown. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a raptor bronco and even more unaware that these things carried a mid 90s MSRP. For whatever reason, walking up to it not realizing what it was, I was expecting a price around 50-60k. .

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome. One of these showed up at the dealership in my middle of nowhere hometown. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a raptor bronco and even more unaware that these things carried a mid 90s MSRP. For whatever reason, walking up to it not realizing what it was, I was expecting a price around 50-60k. .

They started mid 70s, then had price increases lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yea that was the perfect MSRP imo when compared to the Ranger and F150 Raptor.

I agree... but when they first hit the ground, they were selling at $25-50k over MSRP... so Ford decided to close the gap some haha

Users who are viewing this thread