DD Ranger lasted 3 weeks

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Edit: not getting, why? Because after looking at the window sticker its optioned with the 500A equipment group and NOT the 501A equipment group.

- In order to get REMOTE START, HEATED SEATS, better DASH with info gauges, and the the maxed out stereo, you need the 501A.

I thought remote start was standard on shit? Guess not

Hopefully this helps others so I will just leave the post up for now

Well I wasn't shopping really, but started playing with #'s and considering letting my 2017 Titanium Escape go after the #'s started coming back on getting a new 2022 Ranger/Lariat Tremor package.

So my trade in will net $18k with 42k miles on it. I've only put 24k miles on it in 3 years. It is a daily driver. (They beat Carvana).

My interest rate is 4.29%....USAA

So for the time being I'm in Georgia but may soon have job opportunities in or around the Ohio/Kentucky areas. Meaning snow, shit weather and C O L D.

I like my 2.0L Turbo Ecoboost in the Escape and I guess you could say I do enjoy the gas mileage at this point. Also the Ranger would only tow a utility trailer with a zero turn or a couple ATVs from time to time.

So any insight or feedback on this platform? Is there anything I need to make sure I check?

1. I have heard and have not test driven it yet, that the 10R80 shift strategy, mainly 3,4,5 or 3-5 shift might be wonky? I already spoke with @13COBRA and got his input.

2. Does the Tremor setup ride a little less cushy compared to just an FX4 Ranger?

I'll enclose some pictures and I have an F150 already which at some point needs a F250 upgrade from Nick, but not right now.

Thanks Team!

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Pics
Screenshot_20220709-154227_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20220709-154241_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20220709-141645_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20220709-154329_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my Kohler Toilet Seat

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Badass, congrats. The 10 speed is fine. Just has learning pattern that normally takes time. I personally have enjoyed the 10speed both in a ranger and mustang that i have had as loaners. I didn't have anything bad to say.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I actually really like the Rangers. Got a few Lariat models in from Enterprise and got to drive them a little but not really a full test drive. I would like to get the new Ranger Raptor when it comes out, but the current models would be nice too, especially that Tremor.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually really like the Rangers. Got a few Lariat models in from Enterprise and got to drive them a little but not really a full test drive. I would like to get the new Ranger Raptor when it comes out, but the current models would be nice too, especially that Tremor.

wait.......
that thing will be a lot more expensive than what I need or want. lol
I'm not even gonna try and persuade the wife on that

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
wait.......
that thing will be a lot more expensive than what I need or want. lol
I'm not even gonna try and persuade the wife on that
You could try this….. Tell your wife that you want either a Ranger Raptor, or a girlfriend. She can decide. You’re welcome.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I DD a 2019 Lariat FX4. Great truck, 86k miles so far no issues.

FX4 shocks are soft and wobbly. The Tremor should ride better despite feeling firmer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's really a nice looking truck. Congratulations! I love the color choice, and those wheels are perfect. Enjoy!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother had one for a year or so. Tremor package in the xlt trim. Was a nice d.d. traded it in for a gen2 raptor and it sold above what he paid for it (msrp) under a week.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Just so everyone knows, (I don't wanna be accused of false advertisement), the Grey one only had the 500A package. Currently, my sales guy has gone out of his way and has located an OXFORD WHITE in Florida with the 501A option.

He is gonna call Monday and see if he can make a vehicle trade to get it. If not, he will give me the dealer info and I can work a deal with them.

I'll keep the thread updated

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I briefly had a 2021 Ranger Sport XLT. It wasn't bad, just way too small. I bumped my head getting into it too many times. Not much room in them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just so everyone knows, (I don't wanna be accused of false advertisement), the Grey one only had the 500A package. Currently, my sales guy has gone out of his way and has located an OXFORD WHITE in Florida with the 501A option.

He is gonna call Monday and see if he can make a vehicle trade to get it. If not, he will give me the dealer info and I can work a deal with them.

I'll keep the thread updated
Your sales guy is definitely working hard on your behalf. If you still want the Oxford White Ranger, I hope it works out for you today.

Users who are viewing this thread