BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Beaver Lake
Family-Guy-Quagmire-Giggity.gif

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
And here I thought which oil weight is supreme thread were good, move over my23 GT500s. Guess there’s still hope I can get my23 Wimbleton white with eruption green painted stripes :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While it’s quite possible that there might not be a 2023 GT500, it’s premature to say that since there is no 2023 dealer program for GT500 yet, that means there’s no program possibly coming in the next month or so. We just wholesaled Mustangs with Ford last week and we are still wholesaling 2022 model year with October build dates. They usually have us sign the agreements ahead of model year changeover. October is not balance out for Mustang, so there’s still hope.
Nick, what say you on this one?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nick, what say you on this one?
I’d assume ford could always continue production and make a last minute call to open up a ‘23 GT500 program.
Still if I really wanted a car I’d put that effort into finding a ‘21-22 rather than wait and hope on a ‘23.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
it’s premature to say that since there is no 2023 dealer program for GT500 yet, that means there’s no program possibly coming in the next month or so.
I never said that. What I did say was that there was no program in place, which means, at this time. Ford can do whatever they want. In the meantime, it sounded like there was a deposit on a '23 and if so there is no program to support an order for one. So his dealer is holding his money telling him he can get a '23 GT500 when they know (if they don't they are truly lost) there is no program in place.

Zemedici

Established Member
I never said that. What I did say was that there was no program in place, which means, at this time. Ford can do whatever they want. In the meantime, it sounded like there was a deposit on a '23 and if so there is no program to support an order for one. So his dealer is holding his money telling him he can get a '23 GT500 when they know (if they don't they are truly lost) there is no program in place.

Buying steak dinner on dudes deposit lolol

1FASFKR

Established Member
Question. Was the dealer sign up for the 2022 Shelby Program in November of 2021? I think I remember my dealer GM said they paid the fee for the program back in Nov of 21 when I asked him if they were going to get an allocation. He assured me they would get at least 1 GT500, They got 2 in 2021.

I guess @Russo could wait it out. It's not like there won't be an low mile 20-21's or new 22's available. There will but I still stick by my recommendation for him to get his deposit back and move on based on the info from sources in here. And that's a long time to wait on a nothing burger.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Dealers had from October 19th to November 19th of 2020 to enter the program to get a '21/'22 GT500. As I mentioned earlier, those two years were combined.

1FASFKR

Established Member
@Russo, another thing to consider is I was told by a reliable source that I personally know and trust that Ford's "goal" for 2022 MY GT500 was 3k units. Ford planned this at the height of the chip shortages. My source believes that it could very well likely end up being 2800-2900 units. At present, we're approaching about 2k units produced. Things are gearing up for the Raptor R like Predator motors...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It has been confirmed that there will be no MY23.
Well I’m going to turn up my game on the black striped HE CFTP I have sitting waiting in the order bank.
Purple Mach 1 HP order they said was basically a guarantee also looks in jeopardy.
Ford being Ford.
Honestly I’ll eventually send a letter to Ford (and I never write letters) and explain my experience and thoughts.
I get it’s capitalism but if you don’t take of your true enthusiast base into consideration you’ll lose a fair amount.
My biggest thought is that if you have established customers who still own cars they ordered why not offer them the option on the new model?
Don’t even take those from the dealer allocations (to attract new buyers).
I appreciate how Dodge/SRT did the Demon program and there are several small things Ford could do but just gives lip service.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
And at least I’ll have an MSRP for a final year Charger Redeye next year.
I don’t see these cars ever being made again.
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well I’m going to turn up my game on the black striped HE CFTP I have sitting waiting in the order bank.
Purple Mach 1 HP order they said was basically a guarantee also looks in jeopardy.
Ford being Ford.
Honestly I’ll eventually send a letter to Ford (and I never write letters) and explain my experience and thoughts.
I get it’s capitalism but if you don’t take of your true enthusiast base into consideration you’ll lose a fair amount.
My biggest thought is that if you have established customers who still own cars they ordered why not offer them the option on the new model?
I appreciate how Dodge/SRT did the Demon program and there are several small things Ford could do but just gives lip service.
-J

They are prioritizing retail orders over stock. I haven't had a stock Super Duty in 18 months.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Ford being Ford.
-J

I dunno what to tell you man. My 22 is in production right now. And I feel lucky and grateful. It's my 3rd Shelby (14 GT500, 18 GT350R), so it's not like I just discovered the brand. I placed my order back on Feb. 2nd for MSRP + price protection. It sat at Priority code 12 forever. I'd check in with the dealership about every 3rd week or so on order status. At the height of my frustration I considered canceling and getting my deposit back. But our very own @Snoopy49 counseled me that it's still early and to be patient. It was tough because I found a new 21 at $5k ADM. But I decided to roll with my deal to the end whatever the end would be. Then one day the GM talks with the Zone Rep and viola I'm at priority 01, getting assigned a build week and VIN all in one day. People can say it's an algorithm that issues allocations and that probably is true for the most part but in my case I think it was good old fashioned human interaction that got shit moving too. I would press for that with your dealership GM.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I dunno what to tell you man. My 22 is in production right now. And I feel lucky and grateful. It's my 3rd Shelby (14 GT500, 18 GT350R), so it's not like I just discovered the brand. I placed my order back on Feb. 2nd for MSRP + price protection. It sat at Priority code 12 forever. I'd check in with the dealership about every 3rd week or so on order status. At the height of my frustration I considered canceling and getting my deposit back. But our very own @Snoopy49 counseled me that it's still early and to be patient. It was tough because I found a new 21 at $5k ADM. But I decided to roll with my deal to the end whatever the end would be. Then one day the GM talks with the Zone Rep and viola I'm at priority 01, getting assigned a build week and VIN all in one day. People can say it's an algorithm that issues allocations and that probably is true for the most part but in my case I think it was good old fashioned human interaction that got shit moving too. I would press for that with your dealership GM.
I understand and I’m an OG too.
I’ve been enjoying my base ‘22 since 7/1 so I understand the process but the real answer is your zone rep only has so many orders he/she can approve in a given month and you have to hope your order is pulled. If it’s a CFTP or a car with unavailable options then your order may never get pulled no matter the connections as the zone rep may not have a CFTP allocation to award the rest of the year.
Glad to hear your order is approved for production. Congrats!
-J

1FASFKR

Established Member
I understand and I’m an OG too.
I’ve been enjoying my base ‘22 since 7/1 so I understand the process but the real answer is your zone rep only has so many orders he/she can approve in a given month and you have to hope your order is pulled. If it’s a CFTP or a car with unavailable options then your order may never get pulled no matter the connections as the zone rep may not have a CFTP allocation to award the rest of the year.
Glad to hear your order is approved for production. Congrats!
-J

Agree. My dealer straight up told me from the get go that a CFTP wasn't likely going to happen. I was ok with that because I wanted a Base anyway. There were no constraints on the CF IP or Handling Pkg throughout the whole time. So I really didn't understand when some folks were saying just drop the Handling Pkg and the CF IP options and you'll get picked up sooner. My dealer said there were no constraints.

Last edited:

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
that's not what happened.. dealer ordered car as a 22, waiting on production if Ford can build them in time. as explained in my last comment..

Users who are viewing this thread