dont buy from nightwing

svtcollector1

orange svt collector
Established Member
As many of u may know nightwing has been tryin to sell his 04 CO cobra for years. One month he wants to sell it then the next he says some crap like sale pending or off the market or he may even say its been sold... ..well ive been tryin to buy the car for two years now and hes backed out on me several times ....but knowing from experience how hard it is to part with an old friend especially and CO one i gave him the benifit of the doubt but this time he took it to far leading me all the way to getting the funds cleared with my bank and taking off work for the day he said we could do the deal i even had a truck borrowed !! Then he would not anwer over half my text or phone calls and he wanted to text as primary communication but im a phone contact kinda guy. Then after finally getting him to tell me when we could come get it he wanted me to go to the bank and buy the car without even seeing it !!which i told him wasnt going to happen then he suggested i come look at the car and give him the note money and he would pay it off wtf?? Not me !! I would have been driving 408 miles one way !! He ended up with the excuse and i lost count of them that he didnt want to drive 45 miles to his bank ???to make the deal he wanted me to just leave him the casheirs check and he would pay it of monday .no matter what i tried to work out he wanted me to pay for the car first .so im just tryin to save any body else from the trouble that i went through and to boot he called me and cused me out on the phone ! Because i was tryin to figure out what had happened to him when he quit texting me back .im warning everone on here dont deal with this guy his name is robin from Tennessee:nono:

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Look at the bright side, at least he stopped texting and gave you a call:thumbsup:

On a serious note, what a douche bag! I hate people like that. Where in AL is he?

nightwing

Established Member
As many of u may know nightwing has been tryin to sell his 04 CO cobra for years. One month he wants to sell it then the next he says some crap like sale pending or off the market or he may even say its been sold... ..well ive been tryin to buy the car for two years now and hes backed out on me several times ....but knowing from experience how hard it is to part with an old friend especially and CO one i gave him the benifit of the doubt but this time he took it to far leading me all the way to getting the funds cleared with my bank and taking off work for the day he said we could do the deal i even had a truck borrowed !! Then he would not anwer over half my text or phone calls and he wanted to text as primary communication but im a phone contact kinda guy. Then after finally getting him to tell me when we could come get it he wanted me to go to the bank and buy the car without even seeing it !!which i told him wasnt going to happen then he suggested i come look at the car and give him the note money and he would pay it off wtf?? Not me !! I would have been driving 408 miles one way !! He ended up with the excuse and i lost count of them that he didnt want to drive 45 miles to his bank ???to make the deal he wanted me to just leave him the casheirs check and he would pay it of monday .no matter what i tried to work out he wanted me to pay for the car first .so im just tryin to save any body else from the trouble that i went through and to boot he called me and cused me out on the phone ! Because i was tryin to figure out what had happened to him when he quit texting me back .im warning everone on here dont deal with this guy his name is robin from Tennessee:nono:

Yes, I did call on go off on this dude. Because I just got home from work after working 15 hours and remembered i had turned my ringer off and turned my phone on and saw that i had several missed calls from him with in an hour and right as I'm looking at those missed calls and texts from him I received this text from him :
"This is bs why wont u answer my calls i know youve gotten some of my messges if i dont get a phone call back tonight then the deals off ive bought alot of cars and never seen anything or anyone like u ive been trying to buy this car for now for two years now and every time this shit happens. U make excuses why ubcant answer the phone and... its all bs i have the money lined up i have wasted an hour at the bank and all fo what.... just to not have hardly any of my calls or text returned im not a text savy guy id rather talkbon the phone all im askin is for one quick phone call before i blindly drive 402 miles that will not work for me!!! We need to nail down a time and what day we can come i could possibly even come as early as monday but.......id have to take off work witch means i have to let my boss know whatbday so when u ignore me and dont call back as it would anyone it pisses
me off!! Ive tried to be nice about the way your doing me but im past that point ive read on the forums and followed how u listed the car behind my back in august when i told u id buy it in may but.... u backed out.... and apparenty im not the only one youve jerked around .....so bottom line i need a phone call tonight if u want your 16k and ill pick the car up mon"

This text along with all the other texts and calls that hit me wrong especially the part with him saying "ore me and dont call back as it would anyone it pisses me off!! I've tried to be nice about the way your doing me but im past that point ive read on the forums and followed how u listed the car behind my back in august when i told u id buy it in may" Guess what ? I didn't have his number so i had no way of getting a hold this guy. So, the car got posted for sale . Also, it's not your car so, you have no right to it.

The guy has been really obsessive about this car to the point where it got close to being harassment. So, i'm sorry that i didn't want to spend my Friday evening traveling back and forth for three hours with you.

I'm not trying to jerk anyone around about the car. I can understand not wanting to just leave the check with me. But, this not my first time selling or buying a car with a lien on it and what I have done the past is had the check made out the the bank, got a signed and notarized bill of sale, and overnight the title once i received it. You choice not to do that which is fine with me. I understand and respect that. I'm sure you will find it.

nightwing

Established Member
I tried to buy the turbo kit for months and was never given a straight answer on what was included or what the deal was. I understand stuff happens but apparently it wasn't an isolated incident.

The last PM i have on this was on 04/22/2013:
supraman1990 said:
nightwing said:
supraman1990 said:
I wouldnt expect a straight trade, im not that insane. Just throw a price out there. I know roughly what the eaton seap parts are worth and i also know what the posi setup is worth. Let me know
Your Eaton parts plus 2500 for my hellion TT kit ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Would that include my lower setup? You said everything except the long tubes, right?

It shows that i replied back to it but i don't see a reply back from you on this. :shrug:

nightwing

Established Member
Nope it he got a refund because it was the right thing to do.. I'm sorry for the stress and hassle on this it was not my intent to scam him or anyone else I have done business with.

Once again sorry about all this.
I said i was sorry and I was sincere about it . I hope he took my apology.

So what in that thread says "this guy is nothing but trouble"?

Jensanity

Established Member
Any positive dealings with people you can post? Haha. There are always two sides to every story, but dang, people being unhappy with how you do business seems to the norm not the exception.

D-MANN

Established Member
I would be pissed just like the OP is. You not having your phone on or ringer off sounds like bs to me. If you where legit about selling your car maybe after reading OP text you would have been an adult and explained to him your phone was off. Then maybe lock down a time and date to finish the deal so both of you are happy.Man up for f-sakes and act like a responsible adult. Selling a damn car aint that hard. Unless your full of bs i guess lol

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I would be pissed just like the OP is. You not having your phone on or ringer off sounds like bs to me. If you where legit about selling your car maybe after reading OP text you would have been an adult and explained to him your phone was off. Then maybe lock down a time and date to finish the deal so both of you are happy.Man up for f-sakes and act like a responsible adult. Selling a damn car aint that hard. Unless your full of bs i guess lol

+1

C'mon 15 hour work day and you never looked at ur cell once.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
Sounds like he's not serious about selling his car. I think he gets off at the idea that people want his car.

Users who are viewing this thread