EDP Turbo kit install has begun

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
D770BC8D-139E-4371-94A7-1B7E8EBA234D_zpsnw42z4n2.jpg

evil281

Established Member
Wasn't laughing at you per say, just in general when it is brought up. Turbo lag doesn't exist on these cars. Unless you fall asleep between shifts, have a shit tune, or an improperly fabricated kit or motor.

Turbo lag, if you want to call it that, does exist though.

I will post a video later.

I would like to see that video.

evil281

Established Member
Well look at it this way. Whether the car is manual or auto, I have yet to see someone switch from turbo to supercharger. Just haven't seen it happen. I have however seen tons of switches from supercharger to turbo, and I have never heard someone say they were dissatisfied with their results. I am the perfect example. Went supercharger, was not completely satisfied even though it was fun, and switched to turbo and now I can't wait to get in the thing to drive it. It is still new but I know I like the way this makes power much better than the supercharger did. You won't go wrong with a solid turbo kit. Worth every penny.

Thanks, I have have yet to see the turbo to supercharger switch either but I have seen a lot of turbo guys switching from manual to auto.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Thanks, I have have yet to see the turbo to supercharger switch either but I have seen a lot of turbo guys switching from manual to auto.

I am pretty sure that is anyone who wants to go faster, whether they have a turbo or supercharger. Autos are faster either way plain and simple.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I am pretty sure that is anyone who wants to go faster, whether they have a turbo or supercharger. Autos are faster either way plain and simple.

Ditto. While the manual was fun as hell on the street, it was just as quick on the track. If I didn't have plans of going 8's I wouldn't of went auto.

clc44

Established Member
In for numbers..... I just have a hard time justifying the cost. Converter, tire, tune exhaust....done lol (still slow)

Bgoins

Established Member

Car makers realize this too. The new Porsche GT3 is no longer offered in manual. All you can get is there version of auto (PDK) because it is faster around the track.

Now the level of fun/involvement I think favors the manual. Fun isn't always the same as fast, just ask anyone who's ever driven a Miata.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Car makers realize this too. The new Porsche GT3 is no longer offered in manual. All you can get is there version of auto (PDK) because it is faster around the track.

Now the level of fun/involvement I think favors the manual. Fun isn't always the same as fast, just ask anyone who's ever driven a Miata.

Yes the miata the poor mans sports car. I love my manual and I don't see myself trying to get into the 9s or 8s since my car is a daily. I am very content at the moment. That is always subject to change of course lol.

JTS_7

Established Member
[video=youtube_share;ghRpwH9ZLdk]http://youtu.be/ghRpwH9ZLdk[/video]

Stock MT82. Stock shifter. Stock IM. Stock motor. E85. On3 kit w/67mm turbos.Granny shifting...6psi which is my lowest boost setting (650hp) very moderate timing (not much in the powerband). Excuse the quality.

Not bad for low boost. 10 psi is so much more fun, never taken a video though.
I would like to see that video.

Last edited:

JTS_7

Established Member
I guess it's not too bad since I was trying to hold my iPhone and drive.:-D

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I'm sure. 10psi is kind of sketchy for the stock internals I'd think. That is over 700 wheel if I had to guess.

JTS_7

Established Member
It's well over 700 wheel on e85. My car made about 750hp roughly on a safe tune @8 psi if I remember correctly. I rarely turn it up that highly unless I'm at the track or out having some fun with people. Most of the time it stays at the lowest boost setting when I do drive the car, which is still far more power than any car on the street needs. Lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
His car traps mid 140s... it makes a ton of power lol. Next to 800 or more if i could guess in kill mode.

Users who are viewing this thread