EDP Turbo kit install has begun

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Looking at the pics of the turbo clocking, you'll want to make sure its straight up and down. It looks like the turbo is clocked backwards which won't really be good for oil flow.

JTS_7

Established Member
lol so did Jamie take over this EDP thread with his Ontree turbo car haha

Just showing the lag on my turbo manual car.

Not really sure the point of your comment however. PM me if you have an issue.

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
this is by far a better read than the on 3 per. turbo thread.hope some more EDP turbo guys will jump in soon!

Quad4_72

Established Member
I stopped by the EDP shop yesterday and unfortunately Danny didn't have any complete kit cars up on the lift so I could get some undrecar pics. He did however have a 2015 ripped apart, as he is in the process of designing his 2015 kit. He told me his plans for it and the process he goes through in designing the kits. Pretty cool to hear his thoughts and it sounds like the kit will be awesome. I go back in tomorrow and hopefully his dyno works so I can get those charts posted!

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I stopped by the EDP shop yesterday and unfortunately Danny didn't have any complete kit cars up on the lift so I could get some undrecar pics. He did however have a 2015 ripped apart, as he is in the process of designing his 2015 kit. He told me his plans for it and the process he goes through in designing the kits. Pretty cool to hear his thoughts and it sounds like the kit will be awesome. I go back in tomorrow and hopefully his dyno works so I can get those charts posted!

Is he gonna make the downpipe any bigger with the 2015 kit?

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
there will be options on the 15 kits. different turbo options, different downpipe options.

if you don't daily your boosted car, the open downpipe is a no brainer.

Quad4_72

Established Member
there will be options on the 15 kits. different turbo options, different downpipe options.

if you don't daily your boosted car, the open downpipe is a no brainer.

And even if you do daily your boosted car, the open downpipe is awesome too ;)

nosscort

Established Member
He didnt say. Do you know the size of the current one and why the new kit needs a bigger one?

Because it's causing backpressure issues and cars with boss manifolds are loosing power way before they should be , 6500 from what I've seen

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
Because it's causing backpressure issues and cars with boss manifolds are loosing power way before they should be , 6500 from what I've seen

Well I don't have the dyno numbers on mine yet, but I definitely don't feel any sort of power drop off. I feel the power pulling harder and harder up until redline. Havent tried going past it yet.

nosscort

Established Member
Mine did, I sold my procharger to get edp kit and I did, also built my engine my engine paid over 30k for upgrades on the car and tried two different tuners, but unfortunately a lot of back pressure after 6k rpm power boost drops from 12psi to 7psi... now Im making my custom hot side pipes for the turbo. I wish I got the CPR one..

Same thing happened to a car local that Rev auto tuned.. power fell off fast and hard before 6500k.. it's definitely the kit and not the tuners in most cases

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Mine did, I sold my procharger to get edp kit and I did, also built my engine my engine paid over 30k for upgrades on the car and tried two different tuners, but unfortunately a lot of back pressure after 6k rpm power boost drops from 12psi to 7psi... now Im making my custom hot side pipes for the turbo. I wish I got the CPR one..

Same thing happened to a car local that Rev auto tuned.. power fell off fast and hard before 6500k.. it's definitely the kit and not the tuners in most cases

This is what has steered me away from their kit.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
since the previous guy deleted his post:

if your boost is dropping from 12 to 7, it's likely that you've screwed something up with your vacuum lines during the install.

i have an EDP kit with a large open DP, and dont see issues like that, or power drop off.

best to not blast a shop, if you screwed up an install. IMO.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
I'd also check your wastegates. they shouldn't be seeing anything but boost, so they can only be looped in somewhere in the charge pipe system. aka tapped IC, charge pipe, etc. but post turbo, pre throttle body.

i had an issue with one of my precision gates, check there first.

Users who are viewing this thread