Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 First Into The 11's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
RealQuick said:
Your funny dude.:kaboom: Yes, I have not been in this section before as the car is new and I have just been hearing about the results this week only. I guess because I check the other forums (other than GT500) then I am less of a poster. OK. Enjoy your house cleaning here ... :pop:

That would be "You're funny Dude." :thumbsup:

Yes, I will enjoy my house cleaning here. It's a never ending job! :-D

Seems like we have been getting more and more GM guys coming in here checking out the car and some guys think they are back home on the LS1 Forum and like to cause trouble? Some do, some don't? I think your fellow F-Body associate speed_demon24 said it best?

speed_demon24 said:
I hate the LT1 forums, always full of dumbasses

Sorry, didn't mean to piss you off, but possibly that is too late? :idea:

Have a nice day!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
RealQuick said:
I dont care if the GT500 is stock versus a modded 03... I am comparing 500rwhp dynojet 03/04's versus the GT500's ouput of 500rwhp on a mustang dyno. :idea: Like i said, I'll keep watching and reserve judgemnet till later.

Imagine that, a lighter car will trap higher with the same power as a heavier car:idea: Looks like Mensa material to me:pop:

RealQuick

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
That would be "You're funny Dude." :thumbsup:

Yes, I will enjoy my house cleaning here. It's a never ending job! :-D

Seems like we have been getting more and more GM guys coming in here checking out the car and some guys think they are back home on the LS1 Forum and like to cause trouble? Some do, some don't? I think your fellow F-Body associate speed_demon24 said it best?

Nice try with the bash cause have an LT1. I am one of the more knowledgeable LT1 owners out there. Since you love checking up on people, go to any fbody site and check this same username. FYI, I am tring to wrap up my 383LTx T76 build... its been probably 4 years since my car was slower than 12's.

Lets get back to talking about a high hp over weight car here...

RealQuick

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Imagine that, a lighter car will trap higher with the same power as a heavier car:idea: Looks like Mensa material to me:pop:

Whats funny is you would expect Ford to really impove on the car... seems like they upped the cubic inch to offset the heavy ass weight... granted it still traps ~3 more mph then a stock 03/04 cobra, but they should have seriously underrated the GT500 like the cobra so that gap would be bigger in performance.

A buddy of mine was considering trading in his 99 cobra toward a GT500, but after seing some results, he thinks he'll get the 03 cobra with CAI, tune, catback and make the same power on stock pulley as a stock GT500.

Last edited:

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
I really really dont like how the newer 05+ models look, i kinda like some of them or respect what they look like but ill probably always be stuck on the 94-04 era. I dont like the 05+ old looking interiors, flat exteriors that look too bulky, heavy weights etc... if i wanted a car that weighted more and was really considered a "sports car" ... oh wait usually you pay more for "less" weight. I think even the GTOs as much as i like them, are heavier but also can somewhat comfortably fit 4 normal sized people in them. we all know how the stang is for the back seats so theyre really 3800+lb 2 seaters. I think the engines just nasty but the weight will keep a lot of die hards on the 04s and older platform. Good luck with the times, impressive for a stock pulley and first time out.

What is the stock pulley on the new screw blowers 3.2"?

RealQuick

Established Member
ramairfreak98ss said:
What is the stock pulley on the new screw blowers 3.2"?

To add on to that tech question and get back on track, whats is the stock boost level as well?

GTWill

Established Member
RealQuick said:
Whats funny is you would expect Ford to really impove on the car... seems like they upped the cubic inch to offset the heavy ass weight... granted it still traps ~3 more mph then a stock 03/04 cobra, but they should have seriously underrated the GT500 like the cobra so that gap would be bigger in performance.

A buddy of mine was considering trading in his 99 cobra toward a GT500, but after seing some results, he thinks he'll get the 03 cobra with CAI, tune, catback and make the same power on stock pulley as a stock GT500.
For the love of god we all know how much the GT500 weighs. Dip into your vast knowledge of cars and tell us something we don't know.
As far as what this car will do, you say this car "traps ~3 mph more than a stock 03/04 cobra" like it set in stone, you might want to wait for a few more runs before you make that statement.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Viewing...Keep posts on topic from this point on, or the ban stick is coming out. Have a nice day :)

-Jeff

RealQuick

Established Member
GTWill said:
For the love of god we all know how much the GT500 weighs. Dip into your vast knowledge of cars and tell us something we don't know.
As far as what this car will do, you say this car "traps ~3 mph more than a stock 03/04 cobra" like it set in stone, you might want to wait for a few more runs before you make that statement.

What is the fastest evan Smith ran the GT500? Nobody ever gets better results then him right since he either drives the best or gets a slightly hotter car than most:coolman: . He got 117mph? Is it fair to say most people will get ~115mph out the GT500? The highest 03/04 cobra mph was by 2 members on this board if I recall (Snorman being one of them). I believe he got 114mph stock, but most people get around 112mph stock. I believe it is around 3mph difference between the two. Like I mentioned earlier, I am still gonna wait and see.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see my logic...I hope you do.

jtfx6552

Established Member
GTWill said:

I agree with most of your post.

As any who read this forum know, I have had my objections to the GT500. However, I always thought it would run like a 500 HP 3900 lb car should.

What has me alarmed is, the cars that have gone to the track stock, granted there have only been two, have run 2-3 mph less than an '03-04, the Evolution car and the "englishtown" car at 107-109.

I hope this is a function of low mileage and weather. Time will tell.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
RealQuick said:
To add on to that tech question and get back on track, whats is the stock boost level as well?
At the risk of interrupting the fun :bored: the GT500 is 9 lbs. give or take. Seems to be really quite heat sensitive, as a forced car from the factory might be expected to be. Which is going to make the future very interesting as people get creative with the snout/pulley config.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
RealQuick said:
What is the fastest evan Smith ran the GT500? Nobody ever gets better results then him right since he either drives the best or gets a slightly hotter car than most:coolman: . He got 117mph? Is it fair to say most people will get ~115mph out the GT500? The highest 03/04 cobra mph was by 2 members on this board if I recall (Snorman being one of them). I believe he got 114mph stock, but most people get around 112mph stock. I believe it is around 3mph difference between the two. Like I mentioned earlier, I am still gonna wait and see.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see my logic...I hope you do.

Your point is clear.

Now to everyone...

Everyone is jumping off of the boat due to a pin hole leak right now though. I can see where people are very impressed, and I can see where some people can be very disappointed in the car. This is the reason why I have been so lenient on the opinions posted. Everyone just needs to wait until the drivers of the GT500 are used to the cars launching and general driving characteristics. We also need to wait until more than just a handful have made a trip to the track. Jumping to conclusion A or B when the car has just come out of the box is a wrong move. Everyone needs to keep an open mind. It can still go either way. Just try not to act and look like jack asses in the mean time. :)

-Jeff

RealQuick

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Your point is clear.

Now to everyone...

Everyone is jumping off of the boat due to a pin hole leak right now though. I can see where people are very impressed, and I can see where some people can be very disappointed in the car. This is the reason why I have been so lenient on the opinions posted. Everyone just needs to wait until the drivers of the GT500 are used to the cars launching and general driving characteristics. We also need to wait until more than just a handful have made a trip to the track. Jumping to conclusion A or B when the car has just come out of the box is a wrong move. Everyone needs to keep an open mind. It can still go either way. Just try not to act and look like jack asses in the mean time. :)

-Jeff

point taken...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
HISSMAN said:
Your point is clear.

Now to everyone...

-Jeff

Jeff:

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup: It's only the 32nd time it's been explained in here! ;-)

Everybody wants INSTANT everything in this World! Jeeze, give it some time people!

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Just a couple of comments. One, I think the 03/04 SVT Cobra set the bar too high as far as Mustang performance out of the box. I think Colletti caught Ford totally by surprise on that one! Two, I think Federal safety and emission standards have been tightened since 03, and have contributed quite a bit to the weight factor on the GT500. That being said, I imagine that there will be plenty of aftermarket components available to shave a good 300-500lbs. off the car before too long. Third, I think this car has a whole bunch of potential, and I think the guys at Evolution are trying to unlock that potential to the benefit of any future owners of the car. I like the fact that they are keeping people informed on their progress as they go along.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ac427cobra said:
Jeff:

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup: It's only the 32nd time it's been explained in here! ;-)

Everybody wants INSTANT everything in this World! Jeeze, give it some time people!

No problem. By the way, you have really done a great job in this section. I am here to serve you in this section. I will only act if you need me to, or if something is really out of hand. Keep up the good work bro.

-Jeff

NoSup4U

Banned
So without "bolt-on" rims, slicks, skinnies, brakes, gears, suspension this can't come close to cracking 11s. Very impressive!

EDITED: Don't be a tool. You have been warned!! -HISSMAN

-Jeff

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
HISSMAN said:
No problem. By the way, you have really done a great job in this section. I am here to serve you in this section. I will only act if you need me to, or if something is really out of hand. Keep up the good work bro.

-Jeff

Jeff:

Thanks. I appreciate the help. Trust me, I could use as much help as you're willing to offer! Especially from a guy that's not afraid to use his SVTP issue Ban Stick! :rockon:

Speaking of Ban Sticks better get it out of it's holster and be prepared for nosup4u!! :idea:

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
To me it will be about total price/performance. I don't follow the corvettes closely, but how is this stacking up against a C6 with intake/exhuaust/tune? 1/4 and ET.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
NoSup4U = BANNED

Reason: I have read every post that this guy has made, and there has not been one positive remark among them. If you do not contribute in one way or the other then you will be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread