FL airport shooting

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

truefiveo

Established Member
Wow! Not even 10 posts in and the village SVTP race baiters posted something to do with race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race bait for what? Just blunt honest observations about this forums overall behavior over ummm what???

7 years..here???
12 years..for the other member's observations???

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad they have the suspect in custody.

Hasn't been posted yet because we're waiting for the description of the suspect to see if it fits our agenda. From there we'll go in. If the suspect is brown/black the thread will do numbers. If he's white, the thread will do 2-3 pages MAYBE.

Is it wrong that I initially though it would be one of my saltine brethren when I read "handgun" and saw the kill to injured ratio?

A witness tells ABC News that a man with a gun shouted "I'm not Jewish, I'm not Jewish" before he started shooting.
http://abc7ny.com/news/5-dead-8-injured-in-shooting-at-fort-lauderdale-airport/1689730/

WTF?

CBC News AlertsVerified account‏@CBCAlerts
Shooter at Fort Lauderdale airport arrived on Canadian flight with checked gun in bag, Broward County Commissioner Chip Lamarca says.

WTF? Importing Canadian shooters?

Nope, this is a conspiracy by our government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is so sad that news like this isn't even a big deal any more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heck, I don't care if he is white, black, yellow, red, LBGTQ, but these things just always happen where I can't defend myself constitutionally.
I agree Jeff. Very scary when you own a gun for self-defense, can't carry it by law, you're in an airport with your wife and children, and all hell breaks loose. Those poor innocent victims. Very sad!

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Heck, I don't care if he is white, black, yellow, red, LBGTQ, but these things just always happen where I can't defend myself constitutionally.

playing devil's advocate...

let's say you were able to carry. what stops the cops / others who are carrying from shooting you? they hear that there's a shooting and see you have a gun. it could set off a huge domino effect of people shooting each other, thinking each could be the active shooter. and what's to stop the active shooter playing from coy, saying they are innocent, trying to get out... then shooting you in the face?

i'm all for people defending themselves, but it's a slippery slope once confusion is added to the mix.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Simple. When a LEO enters the picture I comply. Based on nearly 100% of known cases, the perp will not comply.

let's say you were able to carry. what stops the cops / others who are carrying from shooting you? they hear that there's a shooting and see you have a gun. it could set off a huge domino effect of people shooting each other, thinking each could be the active shooter. and what's to stop the active shooter playing from coy, saying they are innocent, trying to get out... then shooting you in the face?

i'm all for people defending themselves, but it's a slippery slope once confusion is added to the mix.

Blown 89

Established Member

That is a very real concern that people who carry should think abkyt. However, if someone is shooting AT me I'm better off shooting back and dealing with the response teams alive rather than riddled with bullet holes after the shooter moves on. Response times are painfully slow and chances are the shooting will be done by the time they arrive. There are plenty of active shooter situations where CCW holders fire back yet none of them are ongoing firefights by the time the police arrive.

Hopefully my babbling makes sense.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Correct. It isn't usually like the movies where the shootout lasts for 15 minutes, and a 9mm pistol magazine carries 82 rounds.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Now there's information that supposedly he walked into an FBI office in Alaska and said he was being forced to fight for ISIS - wonder if there is any truth in this?

Side note, and I feel terrible for having had this thought; but no less than 2 days ago when seeing shit about Dylan Roof, the thought crossed my mind that we haven't seen any kind of mass shooting in a while to get the gun control talks back on track. And then, BOOM here we go.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Simple. When a LEO enters the picture I comply. Based on nearly 100% of known cases, the perp will not comply.

would you also comply with a innocent person who is scared for their life, has a gun, and telling you to drop yours because they don't know if you're the active shooter? i'm glad you'll comply with law enforcement, though.. saves you from taking a bullet from them.

That is a very real concern that people who carry should think abkyt. However, if someone is shooting AT me I'm better off shooting back and dealing with the response teams alive rather than riddled with bullet holes after the shooter moves on. Response times are painfully slow and chances are the shooting will be done by the time they arrive. There are plenty of active shooter situations where CCW holders fire back yet none of them are ongoing firefights by the time the police arrive.

Hopefully my babbling makes sense.

makes sense. the beauty of the concealed carriers right now is there isn't that many of them, so good guy with a gun sees bad guy with a gun easier. if more people are carrying, then confusion sets in as good guys with guns are harder to differentiate.

just to reiterate, i am all for people defending themselves. i just want to put the gravity of having a firearm in an active shooter situation into peoples' heads. it's not an fps out there where teamkill is off. you have a good chance of killing whoever you point the business end of the firearm at, they may be as innocent as you, and just as scared.

nxhappy

Established Member
never gonna stop these crazy ass hats. Just gotta hope airports tighten down security....TSA is a ****ing joke to this country

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
never gonna stop these crazy ass hats. Just gotta hope airports tighten down security....TSA is a ****ing joke to this country

just guessing here but thats probably before he got to tsa. im pretty sure they'd find his gun on him. they found a damn coke can in my suitcase i forgot about. then proceeded to tear open every bag i had from top to bottom..

the shooter here at LAX, he started shooting when he got TO the tsa checkpoint as he knew he wouldnt be able to get through. metal detectors and luggage scanners. so he started shooting his way through.

and TSA are not armed. best they can do is tackle someone. maybe they have tasers? not sure. but definitely not armed. that's why there's usually an airport police officer somewhere nearby.

Users who are viewing this thread