Followed for no reason. Complained. Following evening pulled over.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Some of you have difficulty with your comprehension skills. I was followed initially, followed repeatedly, and then and only then was an expired registration discovered. The officer sped up ahead of me, threw on his lights and sat on the side of the road waiting for me to pass. I was not speeding. Why was I pulled over at all? Anyone answer that one? Yet, many people that have commented here continue to insist that the officer has the right to pull me over make up a speeding violation, and then subsequently bust me for no reg. WRONG. This is called RETALLIATION for having called and complained about following me repeatedly to begin with. Thanks for your ignorant criticisms. I'll let you know what a judge says and I'll let you guys know how much money I get when I sue the department for harassment. Keep thinking the way you do. Have fun.

You might want to do some research into the statutory requirements for a harassment suit. Police arent harassing you when you are violating the law. Even without the registration issue you have not laid out a pattern of offenses that is egregious.

As to the initial following, there may have been a BOLO identifying a similar vehicle. Also you left a bar after midnight and there is nothing improper when an officer follows you to relieve his suspicions.

What did you think you were going to accomplish by calling the police dept?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
As to the initial following, there may have been a BOLO identifying a similar vehicle. Also you left a bar after midnight and there is nothing improper when an officer follows you to relieve his suspicions.

What did you think you were going to accomplish by calling the police dept?

I pull out behind vehicles all the time. :shrug: Doesn't mean I'm following them, and certainly doesn't mean I'm harassing them. :shrug: And even if I begin following them, I'm still not harassing them. I'm pretty sure I am afforded the same rights to vehicular travel as you are.

Just want to make sure I got this right. According to the OP, every time I drive behind someone I'm harassing them?

OP, how do you know the thoughts of people who are driving behind you? That's a really neat trick. :bored:

Good luck suing the Police Dept. I'm sure you'll make millions. :rollseyes

EDIT: Maybe you'll be able to find the guy who bought your repo'd car and buy it back with your millions. I thought your username sounded familiar but I couldn't remember where...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/789872-car-repod-sold-how-find-new-owner.html

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I pull out behind vehicles all the time. :shrug: Doesn't mean I'm following them, and certainly doesn't mean I'm harassing them. :shrug: And even if I begin following them, I'm still not harassing them. I'm pretty sure I am afforded the same rights to vehicular travel as you are.

Just want to make sure I got this right. According to the OP, every time I drive behind someone I'm harassing them?

OP, how do you know the thoughts of people who are driving behind you? That's a really neat trick. :bored:

Good luck suing the Police Dept. I'm sure you'll make millions. :rollseyes

EDIT: Maybe you'll be able to find the guy who bought your repo'd car and buy it back with your millions. I thought your username sounded familiar but I couldn't remember where...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/789872-car-repod-sold-how-find-new-owner.html

:lol: you are the man!

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
You might want to do some research into the statutory requirements for a harassment suit. Police arent harassing you when you are violating the law.

I'm usually quick to point out when I think the police are doing wrong, but I gotta agree here. I'd hardly call police following you a form of harassment.

Now if they followed you, pulled you over, searched your car without consent every few days and never charged you with anything, that would be harassment.

Calling to complain about it only brought attention to yourself and yes, they may have retaliated against you. Unfortunately, you brought it upon yourself.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Following me a second time, with no reason begins to become harassment.

There is nothing in the terms of 'harassment' by following you around. He's not impeding your way, he's not bugging you, he's just driving behind your car. How is he harassing you? Were you not able to get to your destination as usual?

If driving 1/4 mile behind the same car for more than a minute constitutes harassment, then what happens on the highway when you're behind the same car for a while? Can the guy sue you for harassment?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Some of you have difficulty with your comprehension skills. I was followed initially, followed repeatedly, and then and only then was an expired registration discovered. The officer sped up ahead of me, threw on his lights and sat on the side of the road waiting for me to pass. I was not speeding. Why was I pulled over at all? Anyone answer that one? Yet, many people that have commented here continue to insist that the officer has the right to pull me over make up a speeding violation, and then subsequently bust me for no reg. WRONG. This is called RETALLIATION for having called and complained about following me repeatedly to begin with. Thanks for your ignorant criticisms. I'll let you know what a judge says and I'll let you guys know how much money I get when I sue the department for harassment. Keep thinking the way you do. Have fun.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

skratpiece

Established Member
First of all, you have no clue when it was realized by the officer that your registration was expired. You say when you THINK it was discovered. Officer could've run your tag the first night and not gotten the information back timely, or the DMV server could've been down or any other number of reasons. He may have noticed on night #2 that it was you again. And who's to say you weren't speeding? You haven't denied that anywhere that I can see. Again, following you on a public roadway IS NOT harrassment, contrary to what you might think. Retaliation by the officer? Not my call. That's the boat you got your own self into.
Okay, if this was the case, then why did the cop need to speed up and get 1/2 mile ahead of me, pull me over and say I was speeding? If he knew I had an expired registration, they would have pulled me over on sight without having to fabricate a reason. No, they did not know that my registration was expired, because if they did they would have pulled me over the instant they knew the first or second time they followed me.

skratpiece

Established Member
I'm usually quick to point out when I think the police are doing wrong, but I gotta agree here. I'd hardly call police following you a form of harassment.

Now if they followed you, pulled you over, searched your car without consent every few days and never charged you with anything, that would be harassment.

Calling to complain about it only brought attention to yourself and yes, they may have retaliated against you. Unfortunately, you brought it upon yourself.
Correct. Police Retalliation. Not harassment, but RETALLIATION. Correct.

skratpiece

Established Member
There is nothing in the terms of 'harassment' by following you around. He's not impeding your way, he's not bugging you, he's just driving behind your car. How is he harassing you? Were you not able to get to your destination as usual?

If driving 1/4 mile behind the same car for more than a minute constitutes harassment, then what happens on the highway when you're behind the same car for a while? Can the guy sue you for harassment?
Driving behind, and following over town lines, chasing and following around repeatedly are two different things.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Driving behind, and following over town lines, chasing and following around repeatedly are two different things.

Chasing you? Maybe you should be charged with eluding then. In order to be chased you must actively be involved in fleeing.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Op, let me get this strait, you called the cops, on the cops?...
lmao.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:And you didn't realize things were gonna turn out bad?:shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Correct. Police Retalliation. Not harassment, but RETALLIATION. Correct.

Retaliation occurs when someone is paying you back for something you did to them. Honestly, your phone call didnt lead any negative consequences for the officer, so not retaliation. Plus, you dont even know if it was the same officer.

Your actions called attention to yourself. Now all of your minor violations are amplified.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
retaliation occurs when someone is paying you back for something you did to them. Honestly, your phone call didnt lead any negative consequences for the officer, so not retaliation. Plus, you dont even know if it was the same officer.

your actions called attention to yourself. Now all of your minor violations are amplified.

ding ding ding

Users who are viewing this thread