Ford to resurrect "SVT Cobra" name in 2015, go naturally aspirated...

Dragu1a

Established Member
Not necessarily... How many people have blown and built 03/04 motors or Shelby motors? As for high compression you could run E85 and a blower. I don't see people complaining about the z06's motor :shrug: combine this with the IRS they are developing and we'll have one hell of a fun all around car.

If ford tries to match the LS7, then there won't be as much complaining. But I don't see them being so aggressive with cubic inches.

redline

Established Member
If ford tries to match the LS7, then there won't be as much complaining. But I don't see them being so aggressive with cubic inches.

yeah gm has made the ls motor for some time now they just keep making it bigger and better .I really see no need for ford to ditch the 5.8

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The Shelby name (top dog) I can't possibly see how this new gen car can pack more heat than a Shelby. At least not in a straight line.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'll believe it when I see it...

Always rumors- but the last rumor was a TTV8 with IRS for the Cobra

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
If Ford reverts to N/A engine this thing better be forged; hot and ready to rock any TIME for boost because there will be paradigm shift with Chevy fans coming out the wood work trying to get some cobra action. The prices of Shelby and early model cobras could sky rocket but this is all speculation lol.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
I don't see it happening. Power numbers can't change much and I can't see them putting that out n/a and still hitting CAFE targets.

I'm thinking TTV8 like a couple others said above.

Coiled03

Established Member
Good news to hear the name may change. But as for the rest of it.....

:sleeping:

Wake me when we get closer to production.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Cobra name is worthless without boost.

New SVT will get laughed at like the first SVTs did. It'll take Ford another decade to turn the Cobra competitive again.

****ing weak if this is true.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Ill call it, I was right back in 2010 when I guessed for 2011 the base would be 300hp v6 and a 400+hp gt and 600hp shelby.

So I willguess now for the 2015+

Base v6 car will be around 320hp
ecoboost 4 cylinder car 350+hp

Gt 450+hp

boss 351 500+Hp n/a 5.8 v8

shelby / svt cobra will be 600+hp 5.0 liter twin turbo ecoboost or 5.8 liter twin turbo 600+Hp or they might just keep same 5.8 liter s/c being its already making 662hp. or 5.0 supercharged like the shelby gt350 powerplant was ;)

Last edited:

mike.b

Established Member
I don't see how boost won't be part of the equation. Whether that be provided by a supercharger or a turbo or 2, remains to be seen

We probably won't be hearing much of anything about the Cobra until next year. I'd imagine they will be focused on the base and GT models at the end of this year.

Users who are viewing this thread