Ford to resurrect "SVT Cobra" name in 2015, go naturally aspirated...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
1)There's a post in here that is worth bookmarking for its accidental correctness.

2)I stick to my recommendation that if you're a really big fan of the overall 13/14 GT500 package, than you should buy one now.

Awww crap, I'm not liking the sound of this.

redline

Established Member
how about you get out of the house and quit reading magazines and living on the iNet all day. If manufacturers were making 800+ hp with 1.3L turbo engines over 30 years ago, imagine what they can do with a 5.0L V8 these days. Besides, everyone thinks it's all about HP but if the new Mustang comes in at 700lbs LESS than the ZL1 and R/T or whatever Mopar has these days, then it will surely hang. Not only that, I see people bitch about the new model cars when they themselves will never ever buy one.
hey ford will make all cars ecoboost in the near future. you just cannot stand fact that's all!

redline

Established Member
Well seeing as the 4.6 and 5.4 are DEAD, so is the 5.8. Count on a 5.0 variant, pretty certain that motor can be taken to 5.8 safely... add in direct injection... I mean hell the Boss 302 did 444hp with no DI and 5.0L. Add DI and that extra .8L..... 600hp seems reasonable. Remeber the S550 is going to weigh less than the S197, like 300lbs less.

sounds like a good idea .but I think the word king cobra will reappear. not sure how that is going to go over.

redline

Established Member
does anyone know what the actual engine height is between the 5.8 and the 6.2 ?what ford should do is build the car around the motor.that way everyone is happy happy happy.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
This is going to be an amusing website for the next 18 months.

The new car is gonna make some people really happy, and it's gonna make some people really pissed.

1)There's a post in here that is worth bookmarking for its accidental correctness.

2)I stick to my recommendation that if you're a really big fan of the overall 13/14 GT500 package, than you should buy one now.

Whenever this guy post's you should really pay attention....and yes I have one already for those reasons. Might get the new car for the wife.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I highly doubt that too though.

Not enough room, they barely TT'd the CobraJet, and to make that a mass produced setup is years away.

Though it would be insanely badass to have a low comp forged internal coyote/roadrunner powerplant.

They've been experimenting with the TT5.0 long before it was ever launched. The Cobra Jet may very well be one of the final testing phases for that setup rather than the experimental beginnings we believe it is. Just sayin...

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Hey DBK, do you mind divulging any more info? My biggest question is if there are any 'concept' renderings floating around that are pretty similar to what we see. I think these ones are close, but not sure:

2015mustang3.jpg

2015-mustang-OSC.jpg

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I think i said awhile back Ford will bring back the Cobra R in TTv8 form. Hopefully it can give the vette a run for its money... I will not hold my breath though! lol

SVT getting badged again is awesome!!!

VictorySong

Established Member
A Cobra less powerful than a GT500 would be gay. I'd never buy another ford again if that was the case. Especially since the GT500 is just a badge someone slapped on a real Cobra for profit.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hey DBK, do you mind divulging any more info? My biggest question is if there are any 'concept' renderings floating around that are pretty similar to what we see. I think these ones are close, but not sure:

2015mustang3.jpg

2015-mustang-OSC.jpg

Don't count on it. He's been the primary provider of accurate info on here for a long time! What he posts is what he's usually allowed to divulge at the time. So what you have now is probably all you're gonna get until he can give more info later on.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
A Cobra less powerful than a GT500 would be gay. I'd never buy another ford again if that was the case. Especially since the GT500 is just a badge someone slapped on a real Cobra for profit.

You mean Ford badged the car as a Shelby? Yeah a profit both for Ford and the consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread