Gauging interest 4.0l Whipple 08 GT500

Loosescrews

Established Member
Buying a car off of a forum is a huge risk. I took a beating when I bought a Vette off of Corvette Forum. Ended up having to put a couple grand into the car. People are shady.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
I can't find the thread for that car over on steelcitystangs.com. Basically he couldn't get it running right. Then he did... then he romped it on the street and it picked up the front end and when it came down it broke some stuff.

It was a mess from what I read

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Yeah guys and even though i got a professional performance shop to perform a "complete" and thorough check, there were plenty of issues that he couldnt find. I was also left to deal with a lot of issues. The car was in such poor condition, made me feel really sad for such a nice Shelby. The $3000 CCW wheels are stained and starting to rust.

I can't find the thread for that car over on steelcitystangs.com. Basically he couldn't get it running right. Then he did... then he romped it on the street and it picked up the front end and when it came down it broke some stuff.

It was a mess from what I read

Ahh crap now i am digging deep trying to find that thread. That would really be helpful in knowing exactly what he thought he damaged. We actually got the car running great now that we installed struts, changed out pulleys, re-installed the blower (he installed it, but didnt hook up the brake booster WTF?).

After all those headaches, It made 772 rwhp on 18 psi!!! :rockon:

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
Yeah guys and even though i got a professional performance shop to perform a "complete" and thorough check, there were plenty of issues that he couldnt find. I was also left to deal with a lot of issues. The car was in such poor condition, made me feel really sad for such a nice Shelby. The $3000 CCW wheels are stained and starting to rust.

Ahh crap now i am digging deep trying to find that thread. That would really be helpful in knowing exactly what he thought he damaged. We actually got the car running great now that we installed struts, changed out pulleys, re-installed the blower (he installed it, but didnt hook up the brake booster WTF?).

After all those headaches, It made 772 rwhp on 18 psi!!! :rockon:

Sorry to hear brother. He was some fat, retarded 22-year old who lived at home and had more money then common sense (bought all these brand parts) and then ended up buying a SVT Raptor as well (Another Ford to molest).

He got ran off SteelCityStangs when "Oh hey, the 4.0L Whipple didn't fit so we saw-zalled into the fire wall to make it fit" :nonono:

I'm trying to find the exact story for you though. I know he had problems tuning it because the computer kept saying "overboost", then when he did get it running, like I said he launched it, lifted up the front end and slid it into something.. I think it bent up the exhaust, put the front QA1's through the fenders and broke a few other things.

Theres videos of him with that car out on Youtube if you need a face for identification purposes. :kaboom:

fearthesnake

Established Member
Oh my....

What shit for brains would do that to a GT500. Seriously, people like that should not be allowed to reproduce.

Sorry to hear brother. He was some fat, retarded 22-year old who lived at home and had more money then common sense (bought all these brand parts) and then ended up buying a SVT Raptor as well (Another Ford to molest).

He got ran off SteelCityStangs when "Oh hey, the 4.0L Whipple didn't fit so we saw-zalled into the fire wall to make it fit" :nonono:

I'm trying to find the exact story for you though. I know he had problems tuning it because the computer kept saying "overboost", then when he did get it running, like I said he launched it, lifted up the front end and slid it into something.. I think it bent up the exhaust, put the front QA1's through the fenders and broke a few other things.

Theres videos of him with that car out on Youtube if you need a face for identification purposes. :kaboom:

NateV8

Established Member

LMFAO I remember that thread. I'm gonna look for it on SCS now.

StangSupremacy

Established Member

He actually texted me back the other day after 4 attempts!! I hope he is really going to ship those items to me, I am going to remain positive and hope for the best, nothing else i can really do. That story makes sense, because the plastic covers in the front were broken , the mufflers were slightly moved, and the rear bumper scratched up.

What shit for brains would do that to a GT500. Seriously, people like that should not be allowed to reproduce.

It makes me cringe every time i look at it. I am thinking about welding the piece back on and trying to paint and salvage the image lol.

make sure you leave the feedback on him. Personally for me no distance is to far to make a return trip.

Unfortunately, i did not travel there to pick it up. I was hurt at the time and could not make the trip to check out the car. So i got a "professional" shop check everything out , well lets say the inspection wasn't as "thorough" as they promised. Everyone has let me down so far. Lesson learned, will never buy a car without being there first.

LMFAO I remember that thread. I'm gonna look for it on SCS now.

PLEASE find it!! I would really like to know more background about this car. If he posted what he screwed up, i will have a better idea of what else could be having problems.

Ha yeah man, I couldn't find it... Post the link if you do.

Did we ever find out his job? Wasn't he like a blackmarket organ salesman in Africa or something?

Wait what?! :??::uh oh: That sounds like some creepy shit!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I bought the car. It had a lot more issues than what he said. He was also suppose to mail the K member, A arms, and cage. Now he never replies to my texts , everyone needs to watch out for scammer bullshit like this guy

So, so sorry to read this. I was thinking about buying this car for a while too. I hope you get everything you're supposed to get soon to get this over with.:beer:

10kona500

Established Member
^^ Me too Brian. This car is actually got me wanting a GT500. When I was in the market, I couldn't get a returned PM, so I figured it sold. Lucky me I suppose.

gearhead08

Established Member
I dunno if you wanna hear this but is this the same gt500 that is on youtube that popped the motor on the dyno ( maybe blew a head gasket) ????

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I dunno if you wanna hear this but is this the same gt500 that is on youtube that popped the motor on the dyno ( maybe blew a head gasket) ????

false, that is Blue diamonds car. He is shown in the video looking under the car

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Just wanted to update everyone, I have been texting with him back and forth :) . He said he shipped off my spare key today, and should be getting me measurements and weight to ship the K member, A arms, and roll cage. Just to be on the safe side, I am going to pay a freight company directly to come pick up the goods from his location. The parts are made to lower the engine 1/2" for the blower clearance, however i already bought a Trufiber hood to solve that problem. So i will be selling off those parts and finally getting some $$ back!! Woohoo!

orange 500

Established Member
I live in the same area as this guy and actually went to his house to checkout some parts that he had for sale. What a shame! Im sure you all will be happy to know he no longer has the raptor either.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
I live in the same area as this guy and actually went to his house to checkout some parts that he had for sale. What a shame! Im sure you all will be happy to know he no longer has the raptor either.

What parts did you go to look at ? Was it a Kmember, A-arms, and/or a roll cage by any chance? That’s the parts he owes me, but he has stopped answering his phone. What a scammer scumbag, I should have known he wouldn’t be an honest person to deal with after realizing how bad of a condition his car was, definitely not as advertised.

I know it’s a long shot, but if I paid you a little $$, would you be willing to pick up the parts for me and help a fellow forum member? I just hate to see him keep the parts after all the bullshit I already went through with other problems on that car.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Hey i just want to give everyone an update on the situation.

Orange 500 (Bruce) - volunteered to help out another forum member and go pick up the parts for me!! The seller actually answered the text when i told him someone would be coming by his house to pick up the parts (ignored my last 4-5 messages). Bruce actually knows where the guy lives since he has went to his home to look at spare parts before. We need more outstanding people like Bruce in this world. I will definitely be compensating you for all the trouble Bruce! Tune in for updates

Users who are viewing this thread