Gay coworker wants a new mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I work with a openly gay guy (air force) now that dadt is over and he keeps bugging me about going with him to test drive a boss mustang or raptor. He currently drives a Mitsubishi Eclipse and I'm afraid he's going to kill folks in a raptor or v8 manual mustang.

Should I steer him towards something less powerful or am I being too old fashioned?

Here's what I want to recommend to him... GTI, fiat, mini, and v6 auto mustang.

Any other ideas?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol are you worried because he is gay or because he hasnt had a fast car before?

He could kill himself in a mini cooper if he really wanted to.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Please move this to the smack down section [insert evil laugh here]

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Other options include mazdaspeed3, focus st and beetle turbo.

Det_riot

Established Member
So because he's gay he isn't man enough to drive a mustang or raptor? Would your opinion be the same if he was chinese?

95PGTTech

Established Member
Exactly what does his sexual preference have to do with his vehicle preference? I hope he does get a GT500 and proves himself to be a better driver than you - I'm sure your complex will go apeshit.

12gt

Established Member
Sounds to me like your lover
Make sure you hold his hand while car shopping!

Laloosh

Established Member
What him being gay have anything to do with him wanting a mustang? Lol.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
First of all, take your military status out of this. This is almost embarrassing to read from a fellow service member, especially posted on a public forum.
Second of all, it shouldn't matter if your buddy is gay, straight, white, black etc. Leave it out of it. Help him make the right decision.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
So because he's gay he isn't man enough to drive a mustang or raptor? Would your opinion be the same if he was chinese?

100% same opinion since Asians are the worst drivers. Fact. The guy has never had anything more powerful than a eclipse. I'm just afraid a boss or raptor may be a bridge too far. What if I recommend a driving school first? I'm trying to the right thing here.

http://youtu.be/QKcSZfY1sf4

Last edited:

CharlieR

Established Member
What really does the fact he's gay have to do with this? Hundreds of crappy drivers on this site alone that "drive" mustangs and I personally would rather have a grandma driver on the roads. Take your gay friend to test drive the Stang. Explain to him (if he's a dangerous driver) that [Ben Parker Voice]"with great power comes great responsibility".[/] And he should respect the safety of others and "play" at the track. Do not let him buy you lunch that would make it a date . :lol1: j/k couldn't resist.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Why would he kill folks in a V8 mustang but not any of the other cars you mentioned?

You don't think a 3000lb car running over a pedestrian would be fatal?

If you think he's that bad of a driver that he would go around killing people with his awful driving, then maybe you should not suggest a vehicle for him but instead a bike?

pohnjarker

Established Member
the fastest vehicle i drove before my Coyote was a Nissan Titan...now i'm pushing around 650 to the wheels and ive been fine...even my wife drives it just fine. bring him over to the dark side, go get him a Boss.

Last edited:

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
First of all, take your military status out of this. This is almost embarrassing to read from a fellow service member, especially posted on a public forum.
Second of all, it shouldn't matter if your buddy is gay, straight, white, black etc. Leave it out of it. Help him make the right decision.

This x2. From this service member's point of view, this is quite embarassing. Neither being in the military nor sexual orientation matters when you're looking to help someone buy a car.

95PGTTech

Established Member

+1

He is making the entire military look like a bunch of biggots, when that is absolutely not the case. Way to represent, OP - stay classy.

Apparently this moron doesn't learn - what does Asian have to do with "worst drivers?" I swear, some people just never get over the Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread