**** Geriatric Drivers!

Blown 89

Established Member
PFF **** that , my horn gets used more often than Pam Anderson. I know what's going on around me, unlike the crypt keepers holding up traffic.
Mine does too. I have a Chicago mindset where you touch the horn for everything.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I don't know what's worse, the old heads in Buicks, the soccer moms in minivans and crossovers sipping on Starbucks, or the teenagers trying to take selfies while driving, but it's a constant struggle to keep my ride from getting destroyed.

Sorry to hear about this, hope it all gets put back to better than new.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
there needs to be a mandatory yearly evaluation done at 60+. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Old geezers should not be behind the wheel. What's the average life expectancy? 75? For the first 15 years of your life you cannot drive as you are not able, it should be same for the last 15 of your life as well.

'but but my independence!'

**** your independence.
60+?

old_man_middle_finger_1427296880_615x384.jpg

HandBanana

Established Member
PFF **** that , my horn gets used more often than Pam Anderson. I know what's going on around me, unlike the crypt keepers holding up traffic.

Dude I wish, it is like forbidden here to to honk. People look at you with shock and disgust when you start blaring.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What?

I thought only accidents occur because people texting? Surely you arent suggesting that accidents occur due to a variety of other reasons that have occured since before the invention of the smartphone. Surely.

95PGTTech

Established Member
there needs to be a mandatory yearly evaluation done at 60+. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Old geezers should NOT be behind the wheel. What's the average life expectancy? 75? For the first 15 years of your life you cannot drive as you are not able, it should be same for the last 15 of your life as well.

'but but my independence!'

**** your independence.

I wholeheartedly agree, but no politician with a brain would stand behind a law like this. Guess who makes up the majority of the voting population?

oldmodman

Established Member
**** You Clowns.

Goddamn young whipper/snappers.

I have been hit twice in the last two years. Once by a 26 year old pretty hot young thing. BUT THE STUPID **** WAS TEXTING!

I was staring right at her. I was stopped in traffic and she just rolled right into the side of my POS/Daily.

The second one was even more annoying. Guy was 23 and also texting. BUT HE WAS AN UBER DRIVER! And since he was UBERing his insurance company would not pay.

That accident was witnessed by the SMPD. He was cited for distracted driving. Driving while using a cell phone. And driving without insurance. I was stopped in traffic for that one too.

I am 62 and since I will never text or talk and drive I am probably a safer driver than a whole lot of you children. Plus my car is faster too :-D;-)

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The second one was even more annoying. Guy was 23 and also texting. BUT HE WAS AN UBER DRIVER! And since he was UBERing his insurance company would not pay.

You probably would have avoided the first accident if you weren't focused on checking out the hot young thing...damn dirty old men, lol.

Sucks on the second one, but thought Uber charged you for their insurance. If I remember right that was one of the deductions in the Uber thread we had. Did you go after him civilly?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
**** You Clowns.

Goddamn young whipper/snappers.

I have been hit twice in the last two years. Once by a 26 year old pretty hot young thing. BUT THE STUPID **** WAS TEXTING!

I was staring right at her. I was stopped in traffic and she just rolled right into the side of my POS/Daily.

That accident was witnessed by the SMPD. He was cited for distracted driving. Driving while using a cell phone. And driving without insurance. I was stopped in traffic for that one too.

I am 62 and since I will never text or talk and drive I am probably a safer driver than a whole lot of you children. Plus my car is faster too :-D;-)

You forgot to write, "get off my lawn, you crazy kids!"

HMTDF

Established Member
Don't lump all drivers over 65 in the bad driver set. My wife and I are 68 years young and don't practice cell phone driving such as you younns do.
We drive newer cars and we regularly AUTOCROSS them to keep our skill level up. Our insurance company encourages their clients to take a driving

update course every 3 years to keep up with the state laws. My only complaint is that they don't do a hands on driving course to make sure that the people
competent to drive.

I tell people if you think your a good driver you will find out how good a driver your not by autocrossing. Its a humbling exeprience when you first do it.:burnout:

Branhammer

Established Member
So no one asked so I will were you speeding? LOL

Nope. I wasn't even up to the speed limit yet. I had just exited a highway and established myself in the PROPER lane. He, on the other hand, decided to just pick whichever lane he wanted. He didn't yield, so I think that even if I was speeding, he would still be at fault. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Branhammer

Established Member
Don't lump all drivers over 65 in the bad driver set. My wife and I are 68 years young and don't practice cell phone driving such as you younns do.
We drive newer cars and we regularly AUTOCROSS them to keep our skill level up. Our insurance company encourages their clients to take a driving

Well this is like me saying that I never use my phone while driving. I'm the exception. Not the rule. MOST millenials text and other dumb things while driving, and MOST senior citizens can't seem to stop running into shit.

Rct851

Established Member
I rage for you OP. Nothing drives me crazier than people turning into a road and needed to go across multiple lanes. Accident waiting to happen.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
What?

I thought only accidents occur because people texting? Surely you arent suggesting that accidents occur due to a variety of other reasons that have occured since before the invention of the smartphone. Surely.

Nah man, it's all those street racers.

Users who are viewing this thread