Got my Snake Bite today. ( Not a joke thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobracide

Established Member
I just saw this - "Stiegemeier Snake Bite tm vs Competitor port 3.65 upper x 4 lb lower."

Stock upper and a 4lb lower? 12 lbs boost, maybe less since the "competitor" blower is ported and boost usually decreases a bit. Rotor speed matched? Hmmm.. So we are seeing all of this from a sb at .. 13 - 14lbs MAX? How many pounds of boost, please sir?

Last edited:

NYstanger

Established Member
ONE CAR SUPERCHARGER DYNO TEST UNDERWAY

We have invested two days of time and labor on extensive testing.We will be posting complete information with the tests done per suggestions of the forum members. Testing is being done on the Snake Bite and Stage Five Stiegemeier ports vs. competitors "race port". All runs being completely datalogged and in ideal conditions of 50 -55 deg weather. All ports also flowed on SFX 1000 flowbench, independant of vehicle. Unfortunately the 3rd party port locked because of structural instability due to excessive removal of material. ALL data will be made available on a new thread.

QUIT THE CHILDISH BICKERING OR BE GONE. YOUR CHOICE.:nonono:

Bob already stated he will be including a stage 5 in the tests. So why the hell is everyone still bickering about the the snake bite tm vs competitors for now. The other results will be up eventually. Sounds like some temp bans need to be handed out to keep the bullshit out. :nono:

laruei

Established Member
^ oh and are you handing them out? Its constructive criticism.. chill

Snakem

Banned
Now this is not an apples to apples comparison, I'm sure that will "come later". But look at the torque! Impressive!:banana: I personally think the Snake Bite TM has more going for it than a simple pulley change would give you. Hopefully the higher boost tests are on the way. I can't wait to see the results. :pop: :dancenana:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Brian, I saw the pics of that blower with the "junk inlet" work, and it probably isn't yours, but then he showed a picture of the front of a blower with your stampings on it. Are you saying that he took photos of 2 different blowers, claiming that the inlet porting was on the same blower that you stamped?:??: Just a bit confused by this, is all. I'm sure that no matter how the results play out, you will never get an honest comparison for a couple of reasons.
1) Steig is the one testing, so it isn't an impartial 3rd party.

2) Having a true "apples to apples" comparison is almost impossible because of the re-geared snout. In order to match the blower speed, a lower pulley would need to be run on the test with the "competitor's" blowers. In theory, you could match the the rotor rpm's pretty close, but many have shown in the past that the lower pulley alters the torque curve differently than just running an upper only setup, even when the psi output is equivalent.

Personally, I don't get all of the bickering on these threads, because these blowers are completely different animals. Posi's blowers have been proven to get into the 500's, as have Steig's "normal" ports, so it's really up to the buyer, who they feel most comfortable buying from! As for the Snakebit (TM), well that is intended for a different crowd, as Steig has mentioned numerous times, so I don't really get why everyone is getting their panties in a wad trying to compare it to the normal ported offerings.:shrug::??:

dynobobstieg

1. Test results: We will post the rest next week. (as we already stated)
2. This is a Posi port, sent to his address, money orders sent to him.
3. We are conducting a fair and honest test and have put many hours into this.
4. Everyone has the right to choose whom they want to do business with. We are showing facts and data, and also encourage anyone interested in porting to do their research, call the porting companies, go on google, look up past threads, go on their web sites, ect...
Stiegemeier Porting Service, LLC continually strives for 100% Satisfaction when it comes to our Products and customer service.
Thank you
Stiegemeier
www. stiegemeier.com
636-949-2275
We do appreciate all of our supporters and SVTPerformance.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So I've been keeping up to date on this thread, and I also think that it's only fair if everything is at the same boost level.. But that's not really going to happen. So I say
1. POSI, get a Snakebite blower and do the same thing that STIEG did but u do it to your liking.. measuring everything at the same boost
2. POSI, rebuild the front snouts the way that STIEG did and then conduct testing..
3. STIEG, take a stage 5+ and test it against POSI's race blower with the same pulley. that would be fair because the front snout won't be rebuilt..

That's how I see it being fair because the test that he did would be like comparing a D1 blower and a F1 blower. the ratio's are different internally..

Last edited:

Snakem

Banned
He does have one of my Race Ports so let's just stay tuned to see the outcome.

So I've been keeping up to date on this thread, and I also think that it's only fair if everything is at the same boost level..
3. STIEG, take a stage 5+ and test it against POSI's race blower with the same pulley. that would be fair because the front snout won't be rebuilt.. That's how I see it being fair because the test that he did would be like comparing a D1 blower and a F1 blower. the ratio's are different internally..

Are you assuming that this testing was'nt done? We must wait and see. :burnout:

dhstang864

Established Member
i really dont see what all the fuss is about, the way i race is run what you brung and if someone spends the money for the snakebite tm and gets a regeared snot then they deserve it cause they paid for it...but anyways why dont the other porters who are trying to discredit stieg just send in some money and buy a snakebite? stieg bought one of yours and thats why they are ahead of the game form my opinion.

cobracide

Established Member
i really dont see what all the fuss is about, the way i race is run what you brung and if someone spends the money for the snakebite tm and gets a regeared snot then they deserve it cause they paid for it...but anyways why dont the other porters who are trying to discredit stieg just send in some money and buy a snakebite? stieg bought one of yours and thats why they are ahead of the game form my opinion.

Ok, be it that Steigmeier is a small company - it has infinite more resources than say, a one man operation.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
3. STIEG, take a stage 5+ and test it against POSI's race blower with the same pulley. that would be fair because the front snout won't be rebuilt..

I vcan show this already....not my car...but a members on here. same dyno...SAE numbers...same mods...one day it had a stage 5 and the next day it had a race port...ttuned by a 3rd party...most on here wouldnt take my word for it though...

said car also ran a best of 11.3@124 w/ a 1.60 60' (full weight) BEFORE and today went 11.1@124 w/ a 1.60 60'....

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
oh well that's good.. so it's pretty much set that POSI's makes more power than Stiegs stage 5+

Snakem

Banned
I vcan show this already....not my car...but a members on here. same dyno...SAE numbers...same mods...one day it had a stage 5 and the next day it had a race port...ttuned by a 3rd party...most on here wouldnt take my word for it though...

said car also ran a best of 11.3@124 w/ a 1.60 60' (full weight) BEFORE and today went 11.1@124 w/ a 1.60 60'....

Yeah, and I know a guy who's brothers friend ran a turbo thru a Stage 5 and made like 980 hp. Word, look it up. :fart:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
So I've been keeping up to date on this thread, and I also think that it's only fair if everything is at the same boost level.. But that's not really going to happen. So I say
1. POSI, get a Snakebite blower and do the same thing that STIEG did but u do it to your liking.. measuring everything at the same boost
2. POSI, rebuild the front snouts the way that STIEG did and then conduct testing..

That's how I see it being fair because the test that he did would be like comparing a D1 blower and a F1 blower. the ratio's are different internally..

I agree 100%

dynobobstieg

I was the one who posted the Snake bite vs race port information, we have our stage 5 against his port results same pulley's and for some reason it did not post up, (I must not have hit submit):shrug:
So I will have to start over on that one, I will see what I can accomplish this evening to get that up for you, this was MY mistake, I apologize!
The other tests I will get to next week and have those posted.
I am not a computer expert and I only work part time in the shop, so please by patient.
Bob has been working with Dyno sessions all day so you will have to wait on the technical questions to be answered.
Again I apologize.
Robyn Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Last edited by a moderator:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member

I saw that car today too. It went 11.120 @ 124.93 with a lower stage blower than a 5 (4) that POSI tweeked up nicely. Who was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread