Gt350 Looks questionable in the hp department or am I off?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The Z28 is also much more expensive than the more powerful ZL1. The road race cars are built for something different than the higher hp models. The amount of money that went into the brakes, the suspension, the chassis, the NA drivetrain, the wheels, etc. is very great in comparison to just adding power.

526 isn't the most they could've possibly gotten, it's what they chose to stick with for the best balance for the car's purpose. It will be faster around the road course than likely anything under $100K. I understand that this car doesn't make sense for your goals, but you have to be willing to accept the fact that Ford built a car for a different group of enthusiasts. It doesn't mean that they don't know what they're doing.

I think comparing a Z28 and a ZL1 is a bad comparison. ZL1 is a much better all around vehicle. Z28 is much to track oriented to be daily driven.

krt22

Established Member
I would love to know who and how. The only way this seems possible is if your brother owns the dealership.
I am one of them. I found a car in the midwest from a smaller dealership and will have the car shipped, although a few local dealerships (CA) said they sold their cars at sticker. They were basically sold long ago however.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Uh the 12 was held back by an old blower. The tvs was out way before the 12 so most guys new the score going in. Mine throws down 680whp without headers 800 crank. More than a stock 13 and on par with a hellcat. That was had for about 6k. Plus the 48k I paid. So an 800 hp car with 750 torque on a monster curve for 54k!!! with stock like performance.
So compare that! That is reality! Thinking that the gt350 is a sub 50k car calls your credibility into question not mine.

I ordered the boss and then went for the leftover 12gt500 instead due to the anytime torque.

My price was 44k on a 13 boss and 48k on the gt500. A couple high school buddies run a local dealership and it's not going to be any where near that price for a gt350. So if i was to walk in and pay 70k for a gt350 I'm scratching my head and saying 526hp feels a little light!

Whats off about that? Stickers and internet numbers mean nothing. What's the average Joe have to to pay and does the engine meet that expectation based on prior offerings from Ford?

Dude I've had enough man. That's cool that your car makes 680whp. That's cool that you don't understand the gt350 is a successor to the boss. That's cool that you don't realize ford has a gt500 successor in the works.

News flash. You are coming across like a spazzing oaf. Congrats on your car man. Mine's quite a bit faster than yours and guess what, the gt350 is by no means a lesser car. My car makes about twice as much power as yours, seriously man, 680whp isn't bragging news nowadays. Have some class. If you don't get what the gt350 is then wait for a gt500 successor.

And to toot my and many horns, there's probably 1000+ members on this site with 680whp let alone at least 250 with 1,000+.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
sorry, I missed the R. I have a base +track pack on order

Although the local dealer I was talking to did in fact sell their R allocation at MSRP.

krt22

Established Member
I dont think there are any "over ordered" 2015s, those 37 Rs im sure are all spoken for, and im guessing most did not go to retail, and if they did, im sure some folks paid $$$ in mark up.

I would say most of the 350Rs for 2016 will also be sold over sticker, but that is not to say some folks will get them at MSRP.

The real question is, why get a 350R when you can easily get a ROUSH RS3? Walk in and drop your 21k on the table and walk out with a Z28 killer.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm not missing the point "Bro".
It will cost 70k and the engine puts out 526 hp. Plus It's production numbers are numbers are "F" me low. That means it's at least 70k walk in dealer pricing.

I'll drop it though, I'm just raising the question to keep these guys honest.

$70k? Where are you getting that.$50k for a base $63k for an R. And since your best buddy is a dealer. It's $47k or $60k for you (even Better!)

Let's use your math.
Invoice pricing
13Boss 302- $44k. GT350 $47k for both base cars

440hp stick axle vs 526hp and IRS. PLUS way better power band "usable power)

Here is what you get.
86hp and an IRS for $3k. You can't add 86hp to a boss for less than that, never mind add an IRS.

That's real math. And that's factual. It's $3k more.
Not $70k.

As someone who has owned 3 GT500s (08, 13,13) this car isn't the replacement for that car. I'm well aware of that. It's a high revving track toy. Totally different.

Keep you current car. This wasn't isn't for you, as
You don't get it's purpose. Nothing wrong with that. But your arguments are a little odd, so I think dropping it is a good idea

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I dont think there are any "over ordered" 2015s, those 37 Rs im sure are all spoken for, and im guessing most did not go to retail, and if they did, im sure some folks paid $$$ in mark up.

I would say most of the 350Rs for 2016 will also be sold over sticker, but that is not to say some folks will get them at MSRP.

The real question is, why get a 350R when you can easily get a ROUSH RS3? Walk in and drop your 21k on the table and walk out with a Z28 killer.

In a straight line sure, but it's not a going to keep up on a twisty track with a z28 or gt350(r) imo

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
On the Roush RS3- some of us like to still get something back when we sell/total/trade our cars :)

hognutz

Established Member
I would love to know who and how. The only way this seems possible is if your brother owns the dealership.

honestly there was on on here last week for MSRP to the first person no special anything. there will be plenty others. I might have to wait for number 2 allocation to get MSRP at my local dealer but I am fine with that. what I really want is there third allocation for xplan but I am nervous they may not get a third.

sono

Established Member
I really do like the fact that so many guys pre ordered at MSRP. It gives hope the rest of us hope. I would like to know if anyone has walked in and bought the car at msrp . Is it realistic?

To the guys turning this into some straight line peak hp/ gt500 debate kindly troll it up somewhere else please.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I really do like the fact that so many guys pre ordered at MSRP. It gives hope the rest of us hope. I would like to know if anyone has walked in and bought the car at msrp without a preorder . Is it realistic?

Well, since the car hasn't even started being built yet. No.

This winter? Yep.

sono

Established Member
Oh and Chris I hear you about this being a track burner, but If the magnetic suspension is comfortable why not use it on the street. look at vmp, their boss track car made more power than the gt500 could on pump. A high compression engine that holds boost and is comfortable has many uses to me. This is off topic and speculation I know, and the fact that I have already added boost to the conversation just proves that it's not enough engine for me as it sits.

Users who are viewing this thread