GT500 Engine in a 65 Comet

krashyman

SVT Engine Only Poster
Established Member
Thanks for everyone's comments! Quick update on the Comet:

1. Everything is done on the car, and the guys at Woody's have been testing it for some time. It apparently runs great -- very friendly drivability at lower speeds and some real get-up-and-go throughout the power band. The one issue is that the computer keeps having some hiccups -- it periodically seems to cycle through and the car has a stutter when this happens. Definitely a tuning issue (not mechanical) as they still don't make an aftermarket ECM for this engine and the computer we got had to be programmed in the first place. Anyway, the good news is the the shop got in touch with Ken at Modular Depot over in Kentucky (close to Woody's) and they are fitting the Comet into their schedule this week. I've heard great things about those guys and their tuning abilities, and so my guess is that the Comet will be leaving there running smoothly and ready for delivery.

2. Popular Hot Rodding is doing a story on the Comet and they sent a photographer down to take pictures a couple of weeks ago. I saw a couple of proofs and, while I can't share them here, I can say that the photographer did an amazing job. Don't know any details about when the story will be done, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

3. If any black GT500 owners are near the DC area, let me know as I'd love to take some photos of the two cars together with their hoods up.

That's it for now. As soon as I get the car delivered, I promise more photos and (finally) some video.

Thanks,
Josh

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
That car looks awesome. I think it would look better if you lost the GT500 emblem on the front grill and put a cobra there instead. JMO.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread