GT500 Sightings. Post 'em in here!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Saw My First GT500

I went to Woody Anderson Ford today and saw a GT500, White with blue stripes. I really didn't expect to like the car as much as I did and will probably pick one up once prices get to MSRP and below. I like everything about the car except the plastic mirrors and side skirts which I would have to get fixed, oh and the stripes being stickers but I'd probably go with a Tungsten with the stripe delete anyway. Other than that it's a very aggressive looking car and with the few tweaks like tune cat-back and intake making nice power it's the monster I am looking for.

Oh, they said they were keeping the car another week and the bid was at $61K currently. I told the dealer when It was MSRP with a $3K rebate I'd be ready.:burnout:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
I actually like the side skirt on the white one,it makes the body look not so tall ,imo ,and as far as the stickers they are on there good.just think about all the boats with graffic stickers and stripes ,they last for a very long time under some rough conditions

chuckstang

Established Member
You guys both mentioned the terrible side skirts, and I agree that they make the already over weight and larger mustang look stupid big and ricey if you ask me, even if you do paint them. I really think the aftermarket needs to step it up and build and nice smooth subtle skirt like on the terminators.
Also, I have yet to see any nice aftermarket side mirrors because the stockers look like freaking mail boxes sticking out the side of the car.
When I get one, I plan on finding out how Pauls High Performance "Dragin' Car" from SEMA got the 99-04 side mirrors to fit!!!!! It looks much, much better and makes for a sleeker, cleaner look. The only lousy styling touches on the new stangs IMO is the mirrors and side skirts but those are soo minor that Im sure we can find something else.
PowerWheels- What did you have in mind for the skirts and mirrors?

spinscan

Established Member
I saw an orange one today. It was going north on Little rd in Arlington. I was heading east on the I-20 access rd and didn't really get a good look at it. That was the 1st one that I have seen.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
chuckstang said:
there is no red fire gt500 color though

Torch Red ClearCoat is the only available Factory Red in the 07/08 GT500. Perhaps a custom paint??

SNMUSTANG

Established Member
Red with white stripes at the Virginia Beach Car Expo today. Circled by rope and people taking pics with cell phones and local news. The GT500 and Ford Super Chief were easily star of the show.
The cute blonde describing the GT500 did a nice job in describing why the car isn't really a Cobra. True or not, it bothered me.

yellowgt5

Established Member
Saw a 07 gray with silver stripes at the car wash. Spoke the owner. He sat there for 30 minutes showing me things about the car. Love the SVT shift light. I was very impressed.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
saw my second gt500 on the road at ray and i-10 in chandler today. blue and white, looked good.

i have seen 2 gt500's on the road, 2 amv8's on the road, and 2 997 turbo's on the road. dueces wild here in the desert!:D

00rsvtl

Established Member
i saw a white with blue stripes gt500 a few day ago on rte 30 going the opposite direction.looked really nice.that was the first one i have seen

Smiles

This is my first post...but I've seen 4 on the road...a red convertible in a home depot parking lot...white with blue stripes on the road.... and 2 silver ones one with dark strips and one with white stripes near a movie theater...

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Saw a Orange w/white stripes from back to front on top. Looked HUGE. Saw it on Bel Air Rd., north of Baltimore.

Davidnz

Established Member
saw a black one in my garage few day ago..:-D

DSC00001.JPG

rmgtc01

Established Member
Spotted: Dark gray with silver stripes on I-375 heading towards St.pete/I-275. I was in my G and spotted him from about 15 cars back. Weaved my way into the fast lane and drove side by side until my druel subsided.
Gave a thumbs up, and the driver did the same. Props to him, I am jealous. At least for just a little bit longer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread