Hellion Twin Turbo Results 941 Rwhp 915 Rwtq

rods&pistons03

Established Member
This is my personal car, 2012 Mustang GT, which we built in house. This is my first Mustang, as we are a LSX build shop primarily.
We initially developed a Single turbo system on this car late last year using a Comp 8079 turbo. We quickly found out that these cars have very weak valve springs and backpressure being developed caused valve float anywhere past 8 psi of boost. This was very disappointing to say the least.... So we scraped the whole single turbo system, built the motor with Manley rods and pistons and had a custom Napier Cut 2nd ring made, put together a fuel system in house, E85 fuel, and installed Hellion Twin turbo system.
The kit was not the easiest of installs but damn was it worth it. When you pop the hood everyones jaws drop. The engine with the top mount turbos is menacing. Myself and my employes were all very impressed with the fit and finish of this kit. Every time we thought something wouldn't fit, it cleared perfectly. The R&D that went into this kit is spot on. We initally didn't want to push the new engine to hard but that quickly went out the door. At 15psi we were making mid 800's and everything seemed to be working so well I couldn't not turn up the boost. The result as of right now is 941.4whp and 915.5wtq at 18.8psi and a car that runs around the street with the manners of a stock Mustang, as long as you keep your foot out of it.

I have owned some pretty quick street cars with 3 full weight 6 speed street cars running 10.1-10.4 in the quarter. This car makes those cars look and feel tame. I will be doing a few more modifications to the suspension and chasis to hook all the power, once that is accomplished I have no doubt that the boost will once again go up.

mymustanghellion188lbsboost.jpg

mymustanghellion188lbstq.jpg

CMS Built Hellion Twin Turbo 2012 5.0 Mustang - YouTube

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Good lord that must be a big handful.. I couldn't imagine a powerband that climbs like that..

rods&pistons03

Established Member
How do you plan on setting up the rear end to handle this power while steel maintaining decent street manners?

lol havent gotten that far yet, it doesnt hook on the street to be honest, which is its saving grace... will likely be doing a T56 magnum in the near future as the MT82 is hurting right now lol

ctanZ

Established Member
lol havent gotten that far yet, it doesnt hook on the street to be honest, which is its saving grace... will likely be doing a T56 magnum in the near future as the MT82 is hurting right now lol

Id suggest a Wavetrac LSD, 35 Spline Moser axles, 9" ends, a girdle and weld everything up, on the street it shouldn't break. If you break that, only hope is a spool, but then you lose drivability.

rods&pistons03

Established Member
Id suggest a Wavetrac LSD, 35 Spline Moser axles, 9" ends, a girdle and weld everything up, on the street it shouldn't break. If you break that, only hope is a spool, but then you lose drivability.

that was along the lines of what i was thinking, we'll get there in time

10secvette

Established Member
I was lucky enough to drive this car yesterday. To say it hauls ass is an understatement of gigantic proportions. LOL The cars is fricken nuts. When it comes on boost, it is the proverbial freight train, and that's no lie.

It's so tame just putting around, I caught myself shaking my head at how docile it is. But once you whackit, it's a fricken animal.

In the near future, I know I'll have a certain Roush setup for sale.... lol

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Any chance of me driving up from San Diego to get a ride in that beast? I thought 600rwhp felt crazy... Nice build! Can we get some in car videos of this thing on the street?

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Incredible numbers! How is the boost response with two 62mm turbos. At what RPM in the lower gears do the turbos come on?

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I was lucky enough to drive this car yesterday. To say it hauls ass is an understatement of gigantic proportions. LOL The cars is fricken nuts. When it comes on boost, it is the proverbial freight train, and that's no lie.

It's so tame just putting around, I caught myself shaking my head at how docile it is. But once you whackit, it's a fricken animal.

In the near future, I know I'll have a certain Roush setup for sale.... lol

That's what she said! lol sorry couldn't help myself.:-D Anyways, sounds like you've got a sick car rods&pistons03, can't wait to see the numbers when it gets turned up again. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread