How do you keep your black car clean?

mike96gtvert

Established Member
I get a car wash...and literally days later it seems like I have to dust it off.

How do you keep your all black car looking clean?
yes, i have a garage. But at work it sits outside.

:/

thekanezzi

Established Member
lol, x2

Beat me to it. lol

I stopped buying black cars and trucks. I love the way they look cleaned up, but that means, they look great about 1% of the time. If it's a daily driver, forget it. Just wash it, wax it, and try not to stress too much over it.

mike96gtvert

Established Member
i wax it like 2-3 times a year. Should I wax it more?

and its always garaged when home.

But dam, it sucks to get a car wash and two days later you can see a blanket of dust. Ughhh:cryying::cryying::cryying:

Troponin

Established Member
i wax it like 2-3 times a year. Should I wax it more?

and its always garaged when home.

But dam, it sucks to get a car wash and two days later you can see a blanket of dust. Ughhh:cryying::cryying::cryying:

If using a good wax, every second or third wash will be fine, depending on how long you go between washes. When I lived in Pa, I waxed often during the colder weather because of the salt and chemicals constantly being put down. Here in Texas, I wax the front almost every time because of the sheer mass of bugs glued to the bumper, but the rest of the car every third wash. I also use a car wash that doesn't strip wax, so be aware of that as well.

1998Venom

Established Member
I have a Black Cobra, that I daily drive during the warmer months.

I've upgraded the quality of the products that I use to keep my cars clean (ie Optimum Polymer Technologies, cQuartz, etc.) and have noticed that my cars look good, even when a little dirty/dusty.

If interested, my weekly routine is pre-soak with a foam gun and OPT Car Wash, followed by washing the car with OPT NoRinse, followed by OPT Car Wax (easiest and most effective spray wax IMO). At several point throughout the year, I will skip the car wax and apply OPT Opti-Seal to provide better paint protection. This is perhaps an excessive routine, however, generally takes less than 1hour, and the car looks fantastic even though it is DD with over 150,000 miles on it.

hungary00

Established Member
I use a leaf blower every day, in the mornings and at night to get the dust off as much as possible.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Black is soooooo hard to maintain for a daily driver. I love my cars and try my hardest to keep the 2/3 that are outside all day as good looking as they can be but dust and light clear coat scratches are inevitable. It seems if a leaf falls on the black car it creates a clear coat scratch =/ It will hide with wax but will return soon. I tried hard to keep the paint flawless but the outside weather just kicked my ass lol.

But considering your concern is dust 2 days later not scratches I would recommend buying a bunch of high quality microfiber towels and some Adams waterless wash a spray that you spray on and wipe off. Completely and safely eliminates all dust...takes about 10 mins and the bottle will clean off your car atleast 10 times for about $10-$15

Last edited:

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I get a car wash...and literally days later it seems like I have to dust it off.

How do you keep your all black car looking clean?

:/

You don't! But when I clean it I use meg's gold class car wash, clay bar, and polish. NO WAX. To maintain I use a spray wax and wipe the car down with microfiber towel. Infact the only rag I use has to be microfiber whether I'm washing ,claying, polishing, or wiping.

Looks great for about 10 minutes!

it's Black and it is what it is.

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I found the best way to keep my black car clean, was to paint it a different color.:)

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
My wife bought a black Audi in 2008. She is very fussy about her cars, so she keeps it in the garage under a car cover. It is so much of a PITA, she almost never drives it. She took my 2003 Tacoma parts truck as her daily driver instead. Her 6 year old Audi just turned over 10K miles. And I am forced to use my white Cobra as my daily driver. :(

LilBerx

Established Member
How do you keep it clean?... You take 20 minutes each day for a quick cleaning.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
You can make your own quick detailer to save money. Buy a bottle of the Optimum NoRinse and I believe its like 2-8 capfulls per one spray bottle full of water (like normal Home Depot spray bottle). Saves you a ton on buying quick detailers. Theres instructions on the back for diluting for a car wash, quick detailer, and clay bar lubricant. My 2-8 capfulls was just based on memory.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Mine gets cleaned every time it's driven, many times before and after. Typically just light dust and a lot of bugs on the front end. I have not washed the car for 1-2 years, it just gets wiped down all the time. I figure if I went to a different color I would treat it the same way, so why change? Oh, it also manages to become a little dusty when it's under the car cover, not sure how that works...

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
wash and wax each time, it's the original paint and not well maintained prior to me so has scratches already. I use a California Duster if just very light dust and it keeps for at least a week, if no rain. otherwise, washed and waxed again.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Its just the luck of having a black car. My 94 cobra is black and i used to clean it religiously. Now ill maybe wash it once a week if the weather guy isnt full of shit. lol

Users who are viewing this thread