How long do you plan on owning your current Mustang?

Prototype007

Established Member
I don't even remember how long I had my first 1997 Cobra and I was glad to see that baby leave! Hated that car!

Now that I'm on my second 1997 Cobra and it's in great condition for its miles and area it came from, it's with me until I die. Unless someone just wants to trade a Terminator or GT500 for it lol!

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
I have had my bullitt for several years now. I will probably never get rid of it. My other cars I don't intend to keep forever.

Probably never get rid of my Bullitt either. Bought it bone stock, sunk more money into it then what it costs. Plan on sinking some more money into it doing the motor and swapping the T-trim to a large single turbo. The only downsides to keeping it are storing it and insurance, the amount of money I'd lose selling it is laughable.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Wow, did it have like 100 miles and a built v8 + twin turbos?
Didn't new 4.6 GT's go for 20k?

Anyways, I've had my '13 since may 2013, plan on keeping it for perhaps 1 more year or until I find a deal on a bad ass viper. Gotta find a cool DD first... baby steps.

sounds like someone that sold their Cobra for $35K.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I don't get how people get so attached to cars.

I just get bored driving the same car day in and day out

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I get attached to mine. My 87 LX was my first vehicle back in 1996, I was 17; now I'm 35 and still have the car. I am in the process of restoring it so that I can give it to my 17-year-old cousin. The car will always stay in the family.

I had an 06 GT that I planned on keeping "forever," but unfortunately it was totalled in an accident after 2 years. I had a 2000 Lightning that I also planned on keeping "forever," but I had so much trouble with the built motor that I HAD to sell it... it was getting close to causing a divorce lol.

Now I'm about to seal the deal on a Comp Orange 04 GT, and I plan on keeping it forever after I Coyote/6R80 swap it. Let's hope this one sticks!

Adamn

Established Member
Ill never sell my cobra. There's a slim chance I would trade it for a different color (black is beautiful but a pain in the ass) but I will have a terminator till the day I die

qualls22

Established Member
Sold my 2002 GT about a year ago until I found my dream car that I've been wanting forever and finally financially and the right car came at the same time and I got myself a 2003 torch red cobra back in May and I plan on taking it to the grave with me! Now the next step is to work on getting myself a raptor and I'll be set!

mdever12

Established Member
The only reason I'd get rid of the cobra is if i totaled it, or decide to buy one with less mileage down the road

TK Doom

Established Member
I plan on letting my son who is 10 months old have both my Cobras.

Bought a 3 car garage house 2 years ago, and eventually will have my next car in that empty garage. Well, its not empty, its full of stuff, but thats where my next car is going.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Boss is up for sale and will be gone as soon as I find the right buyer.

My '97 F150 with the shitty 4.6, however, will never be sold. It is worth hardly anything anymore even though it is extremely clean and has way too much sentimental value for me to let go of. Before I bought the Boss I was considering a Raptor and even if I had gotten one I would've kept my old lariat

awful knawful

Established Member
At my place we drive em till their out to pasture:

1. 1987 Mustang GT. My first car, still own it.
2. 1984 LTD II. Dead.
3. 1989 Toyota truck. Sold in 2011.
4. 1996 Corolla. My old DD. Sold in 2013.
5. 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Hemi(Wife's)
6. 2003 Camry (My DD)

Last edited:

ARavenousChimp

Just a GT
Established Member
The one I have right now has 243k miles on it. It's blown up. It's rusty. I'll continue tear down, if I can save it. It'll get a coyote and I will keep it for a long time. If it's too far gone. Scrap it and buy something Coyote Powered.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm selling mine as soon as I find a used 2011+ V wagon in the trim I want. My first car was a Mustang, the second and third (my 01) were Mustangs. It'll be the first time I haven't had a Mustang parked in the driveway.

Teddy O

Established Member
Searched for a stock (or mostly stock) sonic blue terminator for years. Then the 13-14 GT500's came out and I loved it like a termi. Got one in deep blue w/ no options, love it. Very doubtful I'll ever let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread