How long do you plan on owning your current Mustang?

blksnke2

Established Member
I hate myself for ever selling my 03 Cobra 10th anniversary, even though it needed the front bumper repainted due to previous owner's wife following trucks too closely on the highway. I plan on keeping my current 2013 until 2013/2014 GT500 owners start trading their cars in for the 2016 SVT model and I can pick one up for a better price than they are now.

Richter888

Established Member
I'm probably keeping mine forever since it was the first somewhat powerful V8 that I owned. Plus I've dumped too much money in it to let it go lol!

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Not sure. Thinking about adding a Comp Orange Vert to the Stable. Mystichrome turns too many heads for me to just sell it. Hate to be that poor chap who gripes about the one that got away.

jcthorne

Established Member
Well, I no longer own a mustang. But I do intend to keep the GT until I can no longer get my butt in and out of it or the values rise so high that insurance costs make it prohibitive to continue owning and driving.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Keeping it forever so I'm not that old guy who talks about that car he never should've sold, plus it'll be paid off this Friday!!!!! :pepper:

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Some days I wanna keep it forever, most days I hope someone makes me a serious offer.

Same way here. I hope to keep it long enough for my kid to drive it, as my dad sold his muscle car before I was born and all I get is stories about it.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Some days I wanna keep it forever, most days I hope someone makes me a serious offer.

I know that feel...lol

People act like I have severe car ADD, but honestly, I've only had 11 cars since I started driving, usually two at a time.

1999 Honda Civic - Kill it with fire. Stupid thing is broke down in my driveway; now waiting on my brother to dispose of it.

2000 Mustang GT - Sold because it "took up space" and "wasn't worth building an engine for." Kicking myself to this day and still trying to buy it back.

2003 Lightning - Sold because it needed maintenance and we wanted more space. Wish I hadn't, bought it unmolested and it will be hard/$$$ to replace.

2010 Dodge Ram Sport - meh.

2010 Camaro SS - First "big build" car. I liked the car, but I don't really miss it. I did get a little watery eyed when I saw it at TX2K13 tho.

2012 Boss 302 - Planned to keep it forever. It was a lemon and Ford wouldn't fix it. Traded it in in a fit of rage. Still get mad about it.

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon M6 - Wanted to keep it forever (future investment) but it was just inherently evil and tried too many times to kill me. It was a cool car, got a LOT of attention, and to this day is referred to as the coolest thing I've ever owned, but...I don't really miss it. If I can, in the future, I'll get one in blue. But it's not a big deal if I don't.

2008 Aston Martin Vantage - My first experiment in exotic ownership. The car was stressful to own (what's that noise?!), stressful to drive (put the camera down and drive you asshole, you're in my lane!!), stressful to park (imagine getting a door ding fixed in 17 layer paint...), and got way too much attention (gas station marriage proposal...seriously). It was also...slow. It was absolutely amazing to drive, and look at, and just sit in...but I don't miss it. Might get another one (V12 or S) down the road, but I see this one as a 4 month lease that got it out of my system, and I'm back to something practical. Some dreams are better left dreams, especially if you got to live them for even a little bit. I swear tho, own one for 5 minutes and it's all anyone will ever remember about you, ever. FFS.

2013 Focus - It was a nice DD. Don't miss it.

2012 Shelby - I like it a lot. I have no plans of selling it for the foreseeable future. It's fun, low stress, low maintenance, and I don't mind just leaving it in the garage under the cover till a sunny day. I guess I'm growing up.

2014 Tremor - Holy cow I love this truck! I'll probably keep it till I need something with more space, but for now, it's the bee's knees.

I'm actually really happy with my current stable, and for once haven't felt the need to shop cars in ages. I'm content.

04svtterm

Established Member
2008 Aston Martin Vantage - My first experiment in exotic ownership. The car was stressful to own (what's that noise?!), stressful to drive (put the camera down and drive you asshole, you're in my lane!!), stressful to park (imagine getting a door ding fixed in 17 layer paint...), and got way too much attention (gas station marriage proposal...seriously). It was also...slow. It was absolutely amazing to drive, and look at, and just sit in...but I don't miss it. Might get another one (V12 or S) down the road, but I see this one as a 4 month lease that got it out of my system, and I'm back to something practical. Some dreams are better left dreams, especially if you got to live them for even a little bit. I swear tho, own one for 5 minutes and it's all anyone will ever remember about you, ever. FFS.

exotics are not for everyone. For DD duty, it becomes so much of a hassle and get's the wrong attention as you mentioned. Always being paranoid about parking, people following, potholes, theft..ect. I prefer taking it out somewhere that offers valet and back home. Otherwise out for cruises and parking in open parking lots in sight.

Will never have an exotic as a daily again. Only weekend cars.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mines finally paid for, so no sense imo on buying another one in place of this. I plan on a 3 stall garage in the near future. Then I can hopefully add to the collection.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
exotics are not for everyone. For DD duty, it becomes so much of a hassle and get's the wrong attention as you mentioned. Always being paranoid about parking, people following, potholes, theft..ect. I prefer taking it out somewhere that offers valet and back home. Otherwise out for cruises and parking in open parking lots in sight.

Will never have an exotic as a daily again. Only weekend cars.

I had the Focus as a daily, so that wasn't a concern. I will say though, I was uncomfortable driving that car to work on Fridays. People really do treat you differently. And if I had to do it over, I would get a coupe; the thought of the top getting cut terrified me. If fixing the bumper was $6k...Yeah. Don't even want to think about it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
A few months back I was pondering putting my Cobra up for sale and selling off the parts that I have accumulated to build up the IRS, but I've since decided that I would be selling myself (and the car) short by not essentially "finishing what you started." The only plans left for the car are doing a full MM front coilover suspension, installing the FTBR bushings kit in the rear along with some Terminator parts, and finally getting around to installing the LT's that have been in my room over the garage for a few years now. Once I get that work done, I'll just enjoy the car until I'm ready to sell. I only put 2-3k/year on it, so the mileage isn't going to jump.

Ultimately after this car I'd like to find a rust free '65 or '66 Mustang that doesn't need bodywork and do a suspension, brake, motor, and interior overhaul on it, then just use it as a weekend cruiser.

04svtterm

Established Member
I had the Focus as a daily, so that wasn't a concern. I will say though, I was uncomfortable driving that car to work on Fridays. People really do treat you differently. And if I had to do it over, I would get a coupe; the thought of the top getting cut terrified me. If fixing the bumper was $6k...Yeah. Don't even want to think about it.

oh yea, in an exotic everyone has expectations from you. From tips to treats. It's a lifestyle adjustment. People want to know you and be associated with you for the sole purpose of "i know a guy/gal with an Aston Martin".

My wife has a new range rover and she has random people approach her in parking lots to ask to look at her truck. Makes her very uneasy as some might have the wrong intention. I was able to get a 14 F150 Limited through a business deal and that's all she's been driving for her daily errands. She said she likes how she can blend in and not have to worry about ruining the RR. Takes the Range out when i'm with her or the weekends.

I had a DB9 years back, which i absolutely loved. Wonderful cars, not the fastest but when you are comfortable and cruising, who cares what the 0-60 is. They are quick enough to get your heart pumping. lol

Users who are viewing this thread