How long have you been at your current job?

I've been with my job for?

• less than a year

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 48 21.9%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 54 24.7%
  • 11-15 years

Votes: 42 19.2%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • 21-25 years

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 26-30 years

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 30+ years

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Job or company?

Current job 6 months. Previous job 3 years. Both at the same company. Prior to that, a different company with multiple positions, each about 2.5 years.

At my company, it's encouraged to move around to different positions, either laterally or vertically. Those that stick in the same role for 5 or more years are viewed as unimaginative and lacking innovation.

oldmodman

Established Member
More than 30 years. My own little company. I could probably say even longer since I started doing similar work while still in High School.

I just kept on collecting equipment and servicing the Los Angeles television Industry. I am pretty much retired now. But I will still go out on a gig if it's interesting enough.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i was at my last job for a year and a half before i was fired over some complete bullshit about 4 months ago - last month they started calling me regularly to try and get me back, but i won't work at that shit hole again. does it count as long as they keep trying to hire me back?

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Would be 9 years but I left for 8 months and realized the grass isn't greener on the other side LOL!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
January starts my 8th year with a John Deere Dealership (parts guy and salesman), started at 15 and I hope to be able to work here until I retire someday as I really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Adower

Established Member
I was at my last job 6 years. Got tired of the corporate bs. Work for the state now. Im definitely retiring here.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It'll be 9 years in February. I was at my last job for 8 years doing basically the same thing but for a different company. I'll probably retire from here unless I get a good offer from another company. 17 more years until retirement. My wife will also be at 9 years at her job in February too. She started her current job a week before mine. I wish she'd change though they don't pay her enough for what she does.

SirShaun

Established Member
Pulled 2 years in local government to build my resume and have been at my current position for a year, come December. Latest move almost tripled (2.7x) my salary.

Im 26 and on my 7th job, past 3 have been career builders. Personal PC Repair(owned my own business at one point) -> Business IT Support -> County IT Technician -> currently Cloud Services Engineer.

Making great money at the moment and enjoying the workplace. I try not to get comfortable as something better is always around the corner it seems. I have a hell of a product idea which I believe would make me a millionaire but funding it is going to take some time on my own.

Stay hungry my friends.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I will have been at my company for a year in January. I graduated from college in May.

I plan on staying awhile, this is pretty close to my dream job.

prs97

Established Member
I'm in IT so I move around all the time.

1-2 years is average for me over the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread