How long have you been at your current job?

I've been with my job for?

• less than a year

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 48 21.9%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 54 24.7%
  • 11-15 years

Votes: 42 19.2%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • 21-25 years

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 26-30 years

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 30+ years

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I have worked full time from ages 16-27 and havent had a decent paying job which lasted more then 2 yrs. Either the companies laid off or closed. Either way dont get into the printing business it's still being down sized from the internet and the computer. Back at school now, going into construction management, at least they cant outsource it.

Last edited:

noco5.0

Established Member
Been with my current employer for 14 years and in my field for 18. I've moved up the ladder pretty quickly. A lot of job security and I'm paid pretty well. I would like to do something different in a second career after I retire from this one in about 10-12 years.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
8 years. Never a dull moment at my job, I've had 6 different bosses, moved laterally, vertically and seen the world. (Japanese company)
I'll stick around as long as they keep sending pay checks home... They pay well and we're always on the trail of innovation.

scott_0

Established Member
13yrs this past August, lol not sure how I made it that long........

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
JUST RETIRED!

White collar job, then blue collar work. Had 15 years with State Government, then 20 years as a Professional Firefighter/EMT.

(One of hundreds ...)
IMG_3324.JPG

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member
5 years previous in a welding shop. 2 years with my current employer. It took 2 years of applying and interviews to get my foot in the door, great company, great benefits, so much advancement potential. I'm not leaving until I retire. Lol

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
My previous job I was there for two years and two months, I left for better pay and benefits. I plan on staying at this new one for a few years.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
20 years with the same company, 3 different positions since I started in '94. Before that, I was with my previous employer for 7 yrs.

Nearing retirement......can't get here soon enough!!

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
Forced medically related retirement now. Before that, 25 years in the industrial construction industry, 10 years with one company, 12 years with another company then 3 years with my last company.

almostfinished

Established Member
Would be 5 yrs this coming April if I was staying, working for my father in law doing historical restoration and building/construction. It was supposed to be a temp help on a big job we did. Ended up getting comfortable and staying, learning the ropes of the construction business. Recently got my own contractors license and will be leaving to start my own company very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread