Hurricane Irma

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pitch black. Brad, I can only begin to imagine how you're feeling right now. I know you did great prep, but it's still unnerving. Hang in there! We prayed this morning for the entire state of FL, and will continue to pray.

Been trying to get my mom in Bradenton but there's been no answer (cell phone) all day. Have to pray she'll be safe, but unnerving not being able to talk to here.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sister in Fort Myers said the eye passed and things have remained relatively calm. Now just hoping the surge isn't as bad as expected so many homes might be spared from flooding.

Irma is weakening - hang in there folks.

spectreman

Established Member
Power keeps flickering on & off. Tried posting this hours ago, several times but kept losing internet.

Storm has gotten stronger over the course of the day, w/much larger/stronger more consistent squall lines. Again, hard to believe how far we are away from the eye and yet still so heavily impacted.Thankfully, we still have power but it's been flickering.*

Curfews up in every county now. Freakin' looters are out, if you can believe. Our local sheriff's office have already picked up a load of miscreants.

Go away IRMA!!!

838p update
I think we're near the tail end of Irma, thank you, Lord. Severity of squalls appear to be diminishing. It's a mess outside- never fun to be on NE corner of storm but I hear/see that other parts of the state are much worse off than where I am. I'm thankful that our power is still on. Lots of folks in FL can't say that & won't be able to say that for a while.

Storm did almost exactly as I predicted too- took a turn into the state, just north of Ft. Myers and will go over Orlando, thankfully w/much reduced strength.

What a mess this storm is going to leave behind.
Lee

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This state rocks. Our weather people, local government with shelters. The building codes may be a pita, but look how is works. FLORIDA POWER and Light is absolutely outstanding they way they prepare and set up our stuff. Sure the storm dropped in intensity, but overall everything has held up well. I'm sure the few hundred thousand without power would agree with me right now. lol

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Curfews up in every county now. Freakin' looters are out, if you can believe. Our local sheriff's office have already picked up a load of miscreants.

Wish you could just shoot these people and leave them outside, or throw them in the ocean and let nature take care of it. It takes a real degenerate piece of shit to take advantage of people during a natural disaster....

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Im in jax and it hasn't made it this far yet.

We've been dealing with the noreastern all day. Ground is super soggy.

Hopefully the wind doesn't bring down too many trees.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It'll still be windy, but this thing has broke down pretty good. Still windy as hell here, but at the very front edge of the eye and it's still a cat 2.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Gusts coming in pretty strong in Orlando now, Seems like people are losing power pretty rapidly. Ours has flickered a few times so far. Too dark for any kind of pics/vids.

Supposedly a tornado hit about 2 blocks from the father in law up in Daytona

Not thrilled about this north east track

Glad it sounds like you're making out relatively ok @03cobra#694

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rest well brother. It's been an exhausting day for ya. Glad to hear the winds are slowing down. Morning will bring a welcome change, weather-wise.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Just lost cable and internet damn it. No tv for me, lol.

Now we can break some forum rules

rHCy30j.gif

Users who are viewing this thread