Hurricane Matthew

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Looks like the east coast has dodged a bullet at this point.
Pretty wild what it does on this side. Very warm, no humidity on the truck this morning and windy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, I just watched the weather news and the outer edge of the hurricane will impact the extreme edge of coastline between Cape Canaveral to Jacksonville. Thank God it is paralleling the coast vs. smashing into it. The folks right on the coastline aren't home free yet, of course, but the majority of the Florida east coast is spared. Now we have to watch and pray for the folks on the Georgia and South Carolina coastline.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Still have power. Luckily, our area has all power lines buried.

Couple trees down, but no roof shingles seem to be gone.

I'll take it.

spectreman

Established Member
Fri/0900 update

Amazingly & gratefully, we made it through the night ok. We never even lost power- God bless Florida Power & Light! Lots of wind/rain last night but no obvious damage to house/property except for the trees- palm fronds down, broken tree limbs, limiting local street flooding & the pool is a mess, but nothing we can't clean up. It pays to be prepared! Very, very grateful it wasn't worse.

A solidly built house w/2001+ hurricane codes & hurricane shutters really matter in these situations. Other than some wind howling, and swollen door frames, I don't see any immediate house issues.

Didn't sleep much tho- this is one slow moving storm. I was up past midnight and woke @ 0530, amazed the a/c was still running. W/the exception of me & the dog, the rest of the family are still sleeping soundly.

Hope everyone else in FL & up the coast fare as well.
Lee

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Lake Mary / North Orlando still getting big gusts and rain in bands. Bunch of small branches and shit but nothing major. Thankfully it's moved east for us it seems

thehunterooo

Established Member
I lost power......for one minute :D

The biggest damage for me will come to my ebay account, I cant ship anything when USPS is closed and ebay expects me to ship it out regardless :kaboom:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I am so glad to hear all this. It sounds like you guys were fortunate, now let's hope Jax is as fortunate as you were.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Yeah I am glad it did not cut into Florida but a lot of people on the coast got hammered. Seems like a lot of people east of Orlando lost power though.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I guess it's our turn tonight. I was supposed to go to Miami this weekend for the Canes and Dolphins games but all the flights were cancelled. Hopefully we don't lose power tomorrow so I'll at least be able to watch the game. I've never had so much shit stacked up in the garage around my mustang. If I make it out of this without a ding I'll be very happy. Hopefully it doesn't flood as bad as it did last October... that shit sucked.

sosslow

Established Member
North Carolina had some really heavy rain 10 days ago and we just got more than anticipated today. At least 72 water rescues in Fayetteville alone and a shelter got flooded out. Power company called it quits trying to restore power because the roads were to crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread