I shouldn't have but I did...

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Beat me to it. Chevy has been using thee 350, 346, 361, 376 etc, to compete with Ford's 289 and 302. GM even supercharged it to keep it ahead. lol

Sure, I get the reasoning for using a larger displaced engine; a more conservatively built motor for more reliability, at least, that's the theory, however, don't talk shit because a larger engine is superior to a much smaller engine after you dumped money in to it.

Exactly. I'm guessing the coyote is a turd too, yet its making the same power as a giant 6.2 while being more than a full liter behind :lol: people forget that cylinder displacement is only ONE part of the equation. In the end, it had a lot more to do with how much displacement of air is being moved, combusted, and efficiently used.

At the end of the day, it all matters what you got. The Camaro in this case that got destroyed isn't going to say its not fair and the Cobra isn't magically going to stop and lose all the car lengths. The terminator in this case (as in MANY others) did exactly what it was designed to do- it Terminated the Camaro. :rockon: * oh, and as history has had it in the past, the Camaro crowd got butthurt :beer:

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
When you get out of the 12s then talk to me. I ran 12s n/a I went to the wrong tuner and my original ls1 died from it. It beat plenty of Ford's with no problems. I naturally decided on a swap and the ls3 is one of the best swaps out there. I see many mustang guys swapping them in.

i would certainly hope a 4th gen car could run 12s na.....Even with joe shmo driving they run 11s with mild bolt ons NA

Troponin

Established Member
Find me 3 camaros with a 4.6, 5.4 2 valve, 3 valve, 4 valve, or terminator swap. I can find plenty of mustangs with ls1, ls2, ls3, lq4,lq 9 swaps running around.

People follow trends and do what's popular. Ask someone what to swap it with, they simply blurt out LS2 or whatever because that's what their brain has been trained to do. It all started because the Chevy blocks were smaller and could fit in a lot more vehicles when going big in hot rods. GM also allowed for more aftermarket parts from an exchange of information with aftermarket companies, which hot rodders loved, because they had tons of parts available. They also put out more power per cubic inch many years ago as well. Times have changed, yet the trend continues. People just continue doing it because that's what was traditionally done, even though the reasons are no longer there.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Good job putting a beating, OP... even better job showing respect for a car you don't actually like.

Rivalries are cool and all, but they always seem to bring out the trolls from all sides... Way to get derailed lol.
Thanks man. Y'all know how I am on here. I'm respectful until disrespected. It was a random street race, that happened to be against a 4th gen SS that was either stock or "modded". We'll never know.
Find me 3 camaros with a 4.6, 5.4 2 valve, 3 valve, 4 valve, or terminator swap. I can find plenty of mustangs with ls1, ls2, ls3, lq4,lq 9 swaps running around.
I can show you a sbf swapped C6Z. Does that count for 3 modular swapped camaro's? Lmao
Hey op you started the debate when you asked why do ls guys lie about their mods? I didn't mean to start a debate.
Meh I guess you're technically correct in a way, but I didn't brag about beating the SS. I simply told the story the way it happened and asked a question on why some of you guys lie about mods. I mean c'mon man I know that you know, that I know, that you know, that svtp knows, that you know that a lot of you LS guys lie about mods lol.

I'm VERY late to the racing game(august 2010) and naively assumed people would come forward about mods but I was sadly mistaken. I've been lied to by a lot of different brand owners but since my state of California houses "mostly" LS1 cars(GTO, camaro, WS6, C5), I get it from them more.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Good kill. Get some tires and IRS bracing before it is too late. Wheel hop is no good...

02 WIFE

Established Member
i would certainly hope a 4th gen car could run 12s na.....Even with joe shmo driving they run 11s with mild bolt ons NA

Thank you it wasn't hard. I see still no one has found a Ford powered camaro.I know that's like creating water lol. I have called out 3 members from this site that are in Southeast Michigan. No one has bitten yet the race season is almost over maybe next year. Also didn't mean to rattle you supercharged guys I should have known that blowers.are a handicap and you couldn't imagine going fast without them. At least the coyote 5.0 came on the scene to give you your n/a respect back.

Zemedici

Established Member
Thank you it wasn't hard. I see still no one has found a Ford powered camaro.I know that's like creating water lol. I have called out 3 members from this site that are in Southeast Michigan. No one has bitten yet the race season is almost over maybe next year. Also didn't mean to rattle you supercharged guys I should have known that blowers.are a handicap and you couldn't imagine going fast without them. At least the coyote 5.0 came on the scene to give you your n/a respect back.

no one's swapped a ford into a camaro because the LS motors work, whether its your LS1, or the new LSX, or the LS2 in the goats and trailblazers, the motors just work. Except that's not the point the guys are making. They're saying that they certainly hope they would lose to a car with over a liter more displacement. Kind of an odd point as there's much more to how fast a car is than solely how big the motor is. The 4th gen/F body cars just work, they do. And they work for relatively cheap. Cant take that away from them. :beer:

I just barely edge out my buddies Z28, we're both exhaust only cars.

Know what I'm saying?

Also the cobra motor is built around the supercharger, different pistons to accomodate the boost, etc. The cars are dog shit slow without the blower, as its like saying 'you run your car without the camshaft' You simply cant, as its a vital component of the engine. :beer:

The 5th gen vs 5.0 comparison is a whole different ballgame, however :)

Last edited:

02 WIFE

Established Member
Thanks man. Y'all know how I am on here. I'm respectful until disrespected. It was a random street race, that happened to be against a 4th gen SS that was either stock or "modded". We'll never know.

I can show you a sbf swapped C6Z. Does that count for 3 modular swapped camaro's? Lmao

Meh I guess you're technically correct in a way, but I didn't brag about beating the SS. I simply told the story the way it happened and asked a question on why some of you guys lie about mods. I mean c'mon man I know that you know, that I know, that you know, that svtp knows, that you know that a lot of you LS guys lie about mods lol.

I'm VERY late to the racing game(august 2010) and naively assumed people would come forward about mods but I was sadly mistaken. I've been lied to by a lot of different brand owners but since my state of California houses "mostly" LS1 cars(GTO, camaro, WS6, C5), I get it from them more.

Let me see that z06. Hey I was just messing with you in a race you are supposed to destroy your opponent. I don't have a problem with mustangs. Heck my first three cars were Fox body 5.0 mustang lol. Peace from here out.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Let me see that z06. Hey I was just messing with you in a race you are supposed to destroy your opponent. I don't have a problem with mustangs. Heck my first three cars were Fox body 5.0 mustang lol. Peace from here out.
Surprised you haven't seen it. Pic went viral some months ago. I'll see if I can find it.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Here it is

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413647671297.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413647671297.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 305

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
that's pretty funny but god is it gay.
Yea it just doesn't seem right lol. I guess we've been conditioned/brainwashed to accept LS swapped mustangs but look at sbf swapped chevys weirdly lol. I still can't fully admire an LS swapped mustang but I can't stop the process either so :shrug:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

F50A993B-1F8B-4F70-A02D-6B1092CF5B74-3558-00000573FE3AD36A_zps8de44c8e.jpg

Not like GMs never see Ford engines. I know it's a pride thing that GM guys would rather put a GM motor in. Terminator engines are so sought after its not easy for GMers to even get their hands on them. :rockon: LS motors are cheap and fit into to things, which is more of the reason than anything, as stated before. Plus, the LS mafia deletes all ford swap pictures on the Internet lol

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member

Everything is a swipe with you. You have heard of the ZL1 right? The supercharged camaro? That the supercharged mustang stomps? You know the one.. has greater displacement and a supercharger but still puts out about 100 hp less than the smaller Ford engine. Maybe you should swap in a Trinity? nutswinger.. and I actually like Camaros. Don't you have a recall or something to take care of?

02 WIFE

Established Member
Yea it just doesn't seem right lol. I guess we've been conditioned/brainwashed to accept LS swapped mustangs but look at sbf swapped chevys weirdly lol. I still can't fully admire an LS swapped mustang but I can't stop the process either so :shrug:

Very weird lol but you showed it.

02 WIFE

Established Member
Everything is a swipe with you. You have heard of the ZL1 right? The supercharged camaro? That the supercharged mustang stomps? You know the one.. has greater displacement and a supercharger but still puts out about 100 hp less than the smaller Ford engine. Maybe you should swap in a Trinity? nutswinger.. and I actually like Camaros. Don't you have a recall or something to take care of?[/QUOTE

I have never claimed the fifth gen camaro. The fourth gens were the ticket and the fastest. The fifth gens are ugly, heavy and slow. I see the complaints in the 2015 mustang threads about how heavy they are as well as how the independent rear suspension sucks. The 2015 mustang and 2015 camaro will be a driver's race. As for you the Zl1 is a overpriced pig and I enjoy eating them up as much as I like beating Gt 500s with my fourth gen Z28.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
02 WIFE;14481159I have never claimed the fifth gen camaro. The fourth gens were the ticket and the fastest. The fifth gens are ugly said:
first up, free country and all but why are you here on a mustang dominated site with nothing but another 4th gen? i was over on ls1tech for years when i had my 01 ss, 00 t/a and 00 firehawk. no dont get me wrong i love ls motors and cars, great performers and in the back in the day battles yes GM was winning, but in the next-gen era its not a drivers race between the coyote and the 5th gen pig, if it is you had better come to FL and tell all the 5th gens ive raced that because even when i was stock i would beat them by 2-3 lengths on average from rolls or digs unknown mods on the maros other than exhaust. when i sold my firehawk i wanted either a new 5.0 or new 5th gen, i drove em both and the coyote is the faster, better priced car.

the ZL1? the GM nutswingers wet dream, but purpose built for auto x racing rather than drags, gt500 takes it easily and ive witnessed even boss 302's taking it out.

now that last little bit, i dont know you, im not going to call BS or whatnot, but i pray you arnt one of those LS drivers who have a lid, exhaust and headers only and think they can take gt500's and similar cars.

Users who are viewing this thread