I'm looking for 5 volunteers to test my new MT-82 shifter (base) gasket.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am in the process of adding the MT-82 transmission to my shifter gasket product line. The kit would contain a base gasket. I'm looking for 5 members who have a 2011-2014 Mustang with the MT-82 transmission to install the gasket and provide before and after feedback. Preferably someone who has installed an aftermarket shifter. The primary purpose of this gasket is to reduce transmission related noise that enters the cabin.

If you would like to be included, please send me an email, acknowledging that you will install and test the gasket within one week, and provide feedback. Please provide your complete name and shipping address. I plan to send out the base gaskets on Monday. My email address is Bob@StangShifterGasketsDOTcom. There is no cost to you for the gasket, of course. :thumbsup:

Once I have 5 volunteers, I will post a note that the quota has been filled.

Thanks! :beer:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
This is awesome to hear!!! Your gasket on the older years worked very well. Had one on my 01 SVT back in the day.

Glad to see you into the newer mustang market!!

And like always.... keep up the good work.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would be more the. Happy to test it out. I currently have a barton shifter with bracket on mine and have NVH concerns with it.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
email sent :beer: Forgot to mention in the email that I have a Barton short shifter with bracket

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
FYI, the feedback from the 7 guys testing this gasket will likely determine whether or not I make it available to the masses. Thanks for volunteering to test it.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
As long as it doesn't cause my car to explode lol

Just skip step #7 for installing optional terrorist equipment, Hand Grenade shifter bracket.

kidding, I am excited. I will take before and after videos with the gopro to show the difference. I dunno how much you hear while driving, but would be good to show if it stops making it sound like the starter is sitting in the passenger seat.

burke985

Established Member
I always thought that if i could get rid of the NVH coming off the shifter my tranny would be about as good as a MT-82 is gonna get . Looking forward to this experiment also.

beef97

Established Member
is there no gasket there right now? I installed the steeda shifter and I don't remember any gaskets. The shifter boot was a major PITA to get on and off but that's all I remember! Is a gasket really going to make it any quieter?

burke985

Established Member
is there no gasket there right now? I installed the steeda shifter and I don't remember any gaskets. The shifter boot was a major PITA to get on and off but that's all I remember! Is a gasket really going to make it any quieter?

Guess we will find out

Users who are viewing this thread