I'm looking for 5 volunteers to test my new MT-82 shifter (base) gasket.

01bluesnake

Established Member
There is currently or should be a gasket between the stock Shifter and trans mounting area. It's a pretty thin foam type material. I've been running a prototype gasket for about a week and a half now and has definitely helped with some of the NVH transferred through the shifter. Bob is still in the works on a possible gasket for the Shifter bracket to body as well which I think would help cut even more down. Also thanks again Bob for the gasket.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for being the initial tester, Dhruva. As far as the bracket, I don't have plans to do a gasket because it would likely lessen the effectiveness of the solid metal to metal mount of the bracket.

No, there is no gasket installed with the stock shifter, but it is my understanding that a thin foam "gasket" is used. The Hurst shifter supplies a thin foam gasket as well. My gasket is 1/16" silicone rubber. It very effectively reduces transmission gear related noise on TR-3650, T5, T45, TKO500/600 and T-56 setups. The silicone rubber acts as a sound barrier of sorts. So my hope is that it will work with the MT-82 shifter as well.

scotmach

Established Member
Bob used my Tremec 3650 shifter for the prototype on that gasket setup. I then used his gasket and was very satisfied. Bob makes a great product.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob used my Tremec 3650 shifter for the prototype on that gasket setup. I then used his gasket and was very satisfied. Bob makes a great product.

Hey, Scott, how are you doing my friend? Haven't talked to you in quite awhile. I see you no longer have your Mach, and are now driving a good looking GB GT. You still live in East Haven? Maybe some time in the near future we can connect and you can show me your ride. As you probably know, I no longer have my '03 Cobra. :(

And yes, I still have your old Tremec 3650 shifter in my basement. LOL! Can't believe that was 9 years ago! :eek:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I mailed out the MT-82 gaskets to my 7 testers this morning. I didn't see the need to wait until Monday. Thanks again to you all. Each of your packets will contain the MT-82 base gasket in a brochure holder, an installation sheet and a memo with testing instructions. :thumbsup:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I mailed out the MT-82 gaskets to my 7 testers this morning. I didn't see the need to wait until Monday. Thanks again to you all. Each of your packets will contain the MT-82 base gasket in a brochure holder, an installation sheet and a memo with testing instructions. :thumbsup:

sweet thanks dude! Excited to try this out :beer:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

:rockon:

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
Can we call it a damper gasket? I know I'm over-analyzing this, but gasket refers to sealing, and your product is for reducing noise, correct?

Chaney5.0

Just skip step #7 for installing optional terrorist equipment, Hand Grenade shifter bracket.

kidding, I am excited. I will take before and after videos with the gopro to show the difference. I dunno how much you hear while driving, but would be good to show if it stops making it sound like the starter is sitting in the passenger seat.

Never heard it described like that... But it is SPOT ON. Will from now on describe it using that phrase. Seriously sounds like the damn starter is sitting next to me and won't unengaged itself. LOL

scott_0

Established Member
got mine today and installed it, install was easy........well lol basically like installing a shifter

kingnut

Established Member
i dont think this works for mgw or someone said it doesnt. does it work for barton?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I bought my MGW when it 1st came out, at that time i didnt use dynomat and had the original track bracket. There was increased nvh but it didnt bother me. Then mgw came out with the street bracket firm rubber bushing so i took my console apart did the dynomat as thorough as can be and installed the new bracket. I now have 0 noise.. So this gasket wont help me any.. I think the barton dual post guys can benefit from this gasket more!

Users who are viewing this thread