Just Joined on a Hunt for a low Mile Cobra for my new born Daughter

Kamil

Hey Guys,

My name is Kamil, I have been a forum member on many dif pages due to my long list of different cars I have owned over the years. My wife and I just had a baby girl this past Sat and I promised myself I would get my baby girl a rare, limited production car when she is finally here. I narrowed down the choices to either a 2003-2004 Cobra or a 86-87 Grand National, car will be stored away until she gets her drivers license. Main purpose is just something her and I can have and cherish thru the years to come, and also something that will stay at value or get up in value over the years. Im def a car guy and my list of cars that I will show proves that now Im on the hunt for a low mile clean (maybe a bit modded but prefer stock 2003-2004 Cobra.

Here is my past and present car list starting with most recent

(STILL OWN)
-2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo (for now stock with a custom interior previously owned by John Wall from the Washington Wizardz. Car ran a best of 11.850 at 116mph with a 1.68 60ft)
- 2016 Lexus GS F Sport (stock daily)
- 2016 Lexus RX (wife's car)

(SOLD)
- 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo (Bunch of Carbon Fiber parts, full coilover kit, and aftermarket wheels)
- 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo (Full Carbon and Full Exhaust)
- 2004 Dodge Viper (full coil over kit, filters, exhaust)
- 2003 Z06 (850rwhp on a 350 shot and a Turbo 400 trans best 9.4 at 147mph)
- 2003 CL600 ( fully built with 550rwhp and 754rwtq)
- 2009 X5 4.8i (fully murdered out and lowered with am wheels)
- 2007 S550 4 Matic (lowered on aftermarket BBS rims)
- 2007 SRT8 Jeep (150 shot)
- 2004 SL55 AMG (stanced out show car won many shows and appeared all over the internet)
- 2003 Z06 (770rwhp stroker with d1sc at 12psi)

A few other cars here and there with a few street bikes but that sums it up.

Im from Chicago area if anyone knows of any cars out this way keep me in mind or maybe you are selling the right car Im looking for. If the car is the right car for me and exactly what Im looking for Im ready to buy. I don't mind going anywhere in the US to get the car I own a trucking company so its no issue.

Thanks

Kamil

bigcraigman

Established Member
Holy crap that is a lot of nice cars. I would use car gurus. There are a ton of cobras on there. Some with 20k or less miles. If you want rare I would shop for a mystic chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmodman

Established Member
Get the Grand national GNX. Leave it bone stock. Pay extra for super low mileage.

It is already a collector car and it will just become rarer as the years go by.

Way too many 03/04 Cobras around to ever be a really collectible vehicle. Great drivers toy but not a cash cow like the GNX will be.

But if you do decide on a Cobra look in the used terminator section. There is a very low mileage Mystichrome 04 for sale. Might be worth getting if you use it gently and leave it stock.

Zemedici

Established Member
Get the Grand national GNX. Leave it bone stock. Pay extra for super low mileage.

It is already a collector car and it will just become rarer as the years go by.

Way too many 03/04 Cobras around to ever be a really collectible vehicle. Great drivers toy but not a cash cow like the GNX will be.

But if you do decide on a Cobra look in the used terminator section. There is a very low mileage Mystichrome 04 for sale. Might be worth getting if you use it gently and leave it stock.

exactly what I would do. Get a GNX.

I saw one about a month ago in traffic and about lost my ****ing mind. Crazy cool cars.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Way too many 03/04 Cobras around to ever be a really collectible vehicle.

Really?!?!?!? A car that was produced for ONLY 2 years and there are too many of them??? I don't see it, but we are all entitled to our point of view.

OP, both of your choices are great cars. I don't think you could go wrong either way, but being this is the SVT site, I say get a low mile/rare Cobra (i.e. Mystic Chrome).

KLLR SNK

Established Member
The Cobra body style is readily identifiable as a Mustang but the GNX (already collectible) isn't as well known to the general car enthusiast. A GNX with an automatic trans would be my first choice.

ctgreddy

Established Member
If you're indeed getting this for your daughter find a nice mystic or comp orange cobra convertible. I think gnx's or any other gbodies look very dated and like a normal 80's car. Not many girls will love and cherish that like a normal car guy would. Now a nice mystichrome convertable looks way more desirable to normal people and something easier for someone to appreciate. Good luck in your quest and I love the idea. If I had money enough when/if I have children this would be awesome to do.

dom418

Established Member
Really?!?!?!? A car that was produced for ONLY 2 years and there are too many of them??? I don't see it, but we are all entitled to our point of view.

OP, both of your choices are great cars. I don't think you could go wrong either way, but being this is the SVT site, I say get a low mile/rare Cobra (i.e. Mystic Chrome).

They made damn near 20,000 units in that short run.

Why not buy her a car that is already a collector vehicle? 70 Boss 302 for example

If you do buy an 03-04 and expect appreciation, buy stock with under 5,000 miles and in the right color

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
They made damn near 20,000 units in that short run.

If you do buy an 03-04 and expect appreciation, buy stock with under 5,000 miles and in the right color

And how many 1965 fastbacks did they make in just that one year alone (77,079) and how many do you see around today and when you do see them how much are they asking? I agree with your last statement.

I also agree with what CT said. Take all things into account, not just what some car guy would want today. Think about the child and what "she" might like when she is ready to drive. Most girls are not coveting a GNX. But a convertible?? Uh, YES..........

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Just going to throw my personal experience in here "not that you will have the same" but i went down the road you are about to go.
Daughter was borne, and bought a 70 GS Buick convertible. Limited production car very collectible and a blast to drive with the two ladies in my life. Seemed like a nice plan but....
The wife didn't want the daughter riding in the back seat because of the wind so she put the car seat in the front seat and she rode in the back......a few times. She didn't like riding in the back seat because it was too windy and she couldn't talk to me going down the road. The trips out got fewer and fewer with the family and within 3 years the car was sold and we do other things together for fun.
Buy the car you want because your daughter may not care anything about riding in it.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Interesting thread and choice of cars for your daughter. I used to help my neighbor work on his GNX. Awesome car, but probably not what a typical girl is looking for. Honestly, the cobra probably isn't the best car for your daughter at age 18 either.

First, girls want a new stylish car that has modern comforts. A termi is pretty dated by today's standards, and will feel like a fossil to a girl 18 years from now. It's also a beast to drive as a daily. The clutch is strong, it rattles, and just isn't what a typical girl wants to drive. Now, your daughter may turn out to be the type to love this kind of car, but that just doesn't seem likely based on my experience.

If it were me, i'd save some money and get her something nice that she likes when the time comes. She'll get a lot more enjoyment out of her vehicle i'd imagine. Plus, she can actually drive with her friends if you get her a modern sports sedan of the day. JMHO.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think you make sense 3xBlackCobra. However, you just never know. My youngest daughter loves my 65 coupe. She always tells me she wants it. If it were a plain Jane stock car I'm sure she would love to drive it to school. So when comparing 65 technology to a 2003 Cobra the Cobra has way more appeal in creature comforts. But, my youngest daughter says she likes my 65 the best. So, you just never know.

However, I think your idea of saving money and buying a car later on will be a safer bet. Besides you never know what kind of cars will be out there 18 years from now.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Very true. Everyone is different. Hopefully your choice makes both of you happy. The cool thing about keeping the cobra or GNX in storage, however, is even if she doesn't want to drive it you'll be able to sell either for a nice chunk of change I'd imagine. Both these cars are/will be collectable, and you could use that money towards a car she really wants. Kind of a no risk situation I guess

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice thing you're doing, as her dad, but we're talking 16+ years from now. Hard to predict what your daughter would like in 2032-2033 as far as transportation, but I'm sure she'll be very happy with what your choice and why you're doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread