Latest Boss Info

rezcobra

Established Member
wildosvt04 said:
When did Ford get the rights to use BOSS?

1969, 70 and 71. Boss 302's, Boss 351"s, and Boss 429's. Ford used it on engines and Shinoda used it on the name of the car itself.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Black93Cobra said:
My contention is that offering such an engine in a Boss is a compromised in both rpm potential and overall engine weight. We know the Boss has to be a handler with stellar braking capability. Installing a heavy iron block 5.4L over the nose will not be the optimum solution for the Boss. IMHO the Boss needs to be directed to a very underserved segment of the Mustang universe - the open track, road race set that place equal emphasis on handling, braking and power.

Let me ask you this, block material aside, if both motors spin to 7200rpm, would you take 5.0L of displacement over 5.4L?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Fourcam330 said:
Let me ask you this, block material aside, if both motors spin to 7200rpm, would you take 5.0L of displacement over 5.4L?

Only if I get to race it against Chevy's new IROC.:pop:

Fourcam330

Established Member
SID297 said:
Only if I get to race it against Chevy's new IROC.:pop:

Boss 302 (304.6/305 really) sounds neat, but I'd take the extra displacement any day. ;-) Boss 330 is already TM'd by an ATV maker, so I guess it would have to be Boss 331.

nrmustang

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Unfortunatley for you, what you've stated is not correct. I've actually corrected this misinfo countless times in the past.......As for buying a falcon, they are nice cars but are extremely heavy for a N/A 5.4 to move around. Even with 350rwhp+ you're running 13s at best....... 03/04 generics....... Sorry to burst your bubble, it's a verified fact, they are not R/GT/GT500 heads........Here endeth the lesson.

1st I would like to see some credentials please on what makes you a modular master (you think)

2nd you must like the 1320 personally, but thats not all there is to a car.

3rd how do you define generic heads? Are they Walmart or Kirkland brand?

4th I have personally spoken to a FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) rep and HE gave me the description of the Motor Buildup. So arguing your point is like telling an SVT rep that the terminator doesnt have Manley Rods or an Eaton supercharger, but generic (?) parts.

5th Thanks for long windeth lesson.:bowdown:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
nrmustang said:
1st I would like to see some credentials please on what makes you a modular master (you think)

As you'll see, I know nothing...

1st I've seen all of the heads/intakes in question.

2nd I speak with a few Aussie guys on a regular basis, ones that have had their Boss 260/290 motors apart.

3rd I've verified this with Al (Boss 330) who is the Modular Master.

4th Use your damn eyes man, I even posted a picture of how different the intakes are.

5th I wrote "The Ultimate 4v Head Guide" (12/04 5.0&SFs) and am currently updating it for use on this site.

I'm sorry it took you this long to find out that most Ford employees don't have a damn clue what's going on.

2nd you must like the 1320 personally, but thats not all there is to a car.

I guess that's why my Cobra has a Griggs suspension? Guess what, at 4000lbs + they aren't going to be track whores either. The fact is you can learn a lot about the car by its quarter mile ET/trap, even if you aren't a pure drag racer.

3rd how do you define generic heads? Are they Walmart or Kirkland brand?

Generic= 03/04 Marauder, Aviator, Mach, Cobra, Boss 260/290 and even some Navi's. Don't be a prick, you really don't want to open the "smartass" door.

4th I have personally spoken to a FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) rep and HE gave me the description of the Motor Buildup. So arguing your point is like telling an SVT rep that the terminator doesnt have Manley Rods or an Eaton supercharger, but generic (?) parts.

Then you should fly over there and slap him because he's lying to you.

5th Thanks for long windeth lesson.:bowdown:

I'll try to post less facts for you next time. Cliff's Notes Version: I'm right, you're wrong, the end.

Do me a favor, if you really want to keep this up, start a new thread, and let me know where it is.

Last edited:

nrmustang

Established Member
Funny, one of your advocates said not to believe everything you read in magazines.

And if you write for 5.0, i'll cancel my subscription! (what a shmuck in real life, huh?)

Arguing with you is cutting into my precious driving time.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Personally I'd rather believe what I've seen over what a rep says.
Reps aren't the guys in the back doing all the work or seeing the product most of the time, so they have a tendancy to muck up info (outside the auto industry as well)

I would never take what a rep says as bible truth.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
popepleasestop.jpg

nrmustang said:
Funny, one of your advocates said not to believe everything you read in magazines.

And if you write for 5.0, i'll cancel my subscription! (what a shmuck in real life, huh?)

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

Are we assuming the same level of HP and torque out of each engine? If that is the scenario, I'd take 5.0L to keep in the theme of the original Boss 302. Ford could offer two Boss models in successive years, a Boss 302 with a 5.0L and a Boss 351 with 5.8 liters of H/Boss displacement. 5.4L just doesn't fit the Boss theme.

wildosvt04

Established Member
rezcobra said:
1969, 70 and 71. Boss 302's, Boss 351"s, and Boss 429's. Ford used it on engines and Shinoda used it on the name of the car itself.

I knew that silly. :lol:

Shinoda has the trademark for BOSS now don't they? I thought Ford could'nt use it now beings Shinoda has it thats why I asked.

And Ford used it on "cars" back for those years.

Back ot the fun!:pop:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Black93Cobra said:
Are we assuming the same level of HP and torque out of each engine?

that is the whole point! have you ever heard of no replacement for displacement? in case you have not that means that with the greater cubic inches a motor has the more power it can produce. and when i say power that means both torque and horsepower.

so now can you figure it out?:shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
nrmustang said:

fourcam gets his info from the guys that engineer, design, and build engines from the manufacturers. he also gets his info straight from worlds best independent engine builders such as al papitto. fourcam information is spot on because it comes from the source of the design, engineering, and test facilities. it does not come from some shmuck paid to answer phones!:poke:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

Weight not being the deciding factor(Which it bloody well ought to), whichever has more headroom left. Ford has done a pretty good job of leaving us good stuff to work with, but just stuffing a truck engine in a rental car sort of lets down the side don't you think?

Its about time to move the game on, as you know where the competition has set its benchmark. Or are we looking at another decade of playing catch up?

SVT set the bar high, or was it just a case of steriod enhancement, forever doomed to be marked with an asterisk.

BTW, is there any knowledge of whether any new H/B is going to be a CGI material as although Ford has some 4's in production, I didn't see anything in all the press about the new TwinForce block material.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Black93Cobra said:
Are we assuming the same level of HP and torque out of each engine? If that is the scenario, I'd take 5.0L to keep in the theme of the original Boss 302. Ford could offer two Boss models in successive years, a Boss 302 with a 5.0L and a Boss 351 with 5.8 liters of H/Boss displacement. 5.4L just doesn't fit the Boss theme.

No, that's the point;-) 5.4 liters is 5.4 liters regardless of B/S, same with 5.0Ls. Personally I'd take the extra displacement everytime since it has the capability of making more power.
I know this is a bit out there by comparison but the Tymensky's spun their Al rod big bore 359 (3.70x4.165") to 9300rpm. vs. 10000rpm for the BB 305. With steel rods again, either can spin high enough for any streetable trans to have shifting issues.

Fourcam330

Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
Weight not being the deciding factor(Which it bloody well ought to), whichever has more headroom left. Ford has done a pretty good job of leaving us good stuff to work with, but just stuffing a truck engine in a rental car sort of lets down the side don't you think?

Given their current state I think we're lucky to get anything resembling a performance package at all. I doubt they'll make much if any $ on these cars. I also wouldn't call anything with GT heads "a truck engine". ;-)

Its about time to move the game on, as you know where the competition has set its benchmark. Or are we looking at another decade of playing catch up?

No argument here, I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of the Boss motors.

SVT set the bar high, or was it just a case of steriod enhancement, forever doomed to be marked with an asterisk.

FI will do that to you. :-D

BTW, is there any knowledge of whether any new H/B is going to be a CGI material as although Ford has some 4's in production, I didn't see anything in all the press about the new TwinForce block material.

Haven't heard anything yet. Though the Boss motors are supposed to be all Al.

Fourcam330

Established Member
nrmustang said:

I guess it's too complex a decision for you to determine which info is credible, and which isn't. Do you find yourself in over your head much?

Be still my bleeding heart...:rollseyes I freelance for Primedia, just cancel them all and resume baking cupcakes.

:dw: Cya.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
wildosvt04 said:
I knew that silly. :lol:

Shinoda has the trademark for BOSS now don't they? I thought Ford could'nt use it now beings Shinoda has it thats why I asked.

And Ford used it on "cars" back for those years.

Back ot the fun!:pop:

Listen here ya sarcastic numpty :)

Actually IIRC... BOSS Shinoda is trademark of Shinoda.
BOSS...ford owns the rights to.

So unless they call it the Boss ShinodaGT500... we're good :)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
gotta love the people that cant except the truth
rolleyes.gif

you would think people would be willing to learn instead of getting up set that their wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread