Legislation over regulating the internet decided this month.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Did I say that?

And what you think the simple people that started the revolutionary war didn't do the same thing against its government at the time? You never know pal.

They had a place to run, we do not.

You have to remember the MAJORITY of the population takes whatever the major news outlets say as gospel, even if they came out and said "we're paid by the government, you're all screwed, but don't worry it'll be alright" the people would still listen to them!

You wouldn't just be fighting the government, you'd be fighting a MASSIVE part of the population.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
A step.closer to skynet

Sent with My Massive Johnson

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I think it's horseshit but at the same time, signing online petitions is about as effective as pissing up a rope.

This.

They clearly don't care when they decide to do this shit, what makes anyone think a petition makes a difference to them.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'm generally pessimistic (meaning realistic), but even I don't think it'll be 10 years. I said 100 years to be broad, though realistically I'd say 25 years and we'll be pretty much in a police state, easy.

By then the internet will be censored, there will be road tax, and the government will have legal access to any and all information for anyone.

I think were pretty close to the topping point as it is. The occupy movement was pretty peaceful, imagine that but everyone grabs their gun instead of their picket signs. America has already had one civil war.....were no stranger when it comes to grabbing our guns and going against our own. Plus every man and woman in the military is pretty much about the constitution, I highly doubt theyll be on whomever is in office's side when shit gets to that point. Think youll have it to where the military goes "yeah, were gonna stay out of this fight, but well just make sure no other country intervenes in the process" and just lets local LEO and constituents duke it out, knowing the constituents will easily take the W.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I believe George Carlin said it best. Americans have the illusion of choice and freedom. The government dangles 31 different flavors of ice cream in front of us to satisfy our choices.

tap-a-keg

ViciousJay

Established Member
if they Censor i will cancel my internet at home, not worth paying their crazy prices if i cant do what i want. Kind of stuck using it at work though

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I think were pretty close to the topping point as it is. The occupy movement was pretty peaceful, imagine that but everyone grabs their gun instead of their picket signs. America has already had one civil war.....were no stranger when it comes to grabbing our guns and going against our own. Plus every man and woman in the military is pretty much about the constitution, I highly doubt theyll be on whomever is in office's side when shit gets to that point. Think youll have it to where the military goes "yeah, were gonna stay out of this fight, but well just make sure no other country intervenes in the process" and just lets local LEO and constituents duke it out, knowing the constituents will easily take the W.

LEO's are not about to fight the citizens on behalf of corrupt dirty politicians,,,they can fight their own battles if they want. ill just protect my home and family thats all

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Thanks for the summary WireEater - I wasn't really up to speed on this and have heard conflicting stories.

There is enough vagaries in this that it would seem to ensnare nearly anyone who dares put up a page.

As usual, the lawyers win with this one since it means more business.

cobra_matt

Established Member
I'm not in the loop but hasn't the Obama administration been opposed to these bills? So if congress passes them and the bills come to his desk for his signature, won't he just deny them?

xenodragon

Established Member
Like signing these petitions ever do anything. The govt doesnt care, they are still going to do whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread