Legislation over regulating the internet decided this month.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
So does this mean that if a storage shed company leased out space to people and those people were caught doing illegal things inside of them that they could also be shut down? Because it's basically the same. Regardless, Hollywood has their hands so far up our governments ass that they won't even need to pass the bill. They will always get what they want.

Chris Dodd told the press today that people who protested the bills were "corperate pawns" I thought that was pretty funnny statement.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, that's what started the Anon attacks.

And I would say things may start to get worse now as the Megaupload.com investigation and arrests expand, based on the ease by which these hacker attacks by Anon are occurring. A raw nerve has been touched on this one.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
And I would say things may start to get worse now as the Megaupload.com investigation and arrests expand, based on the ease by which these hacker attacks by Anon are occurring. A raw nerve has been touched on this one.

It's not too terribly difficult to bring down a site, especially when it's sites that haven't been hit in awhile.

I don't see it getting worse, personally. They did this to gain publicity and make it seem like they (the gov.) know what's going on, but all this did was let MORE people know about what is going on, and most of those people don't want the government kicking down the door to the internet.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
From what I gather from that... It's been put aside until there is a better understanding of how the Internet works and a more feasible solution is thought up, one that won't axe truly innocent sites over a subjective term of 'What is copyright?"

It's just backpedaling from the politicians, this isn't over yet, sadly; they'll try again.

cohhbra

Established Member
Censoring of the internet of any kind is unbelievable. The Megaupload thing is total crap. How can our gov't go around the world and arrest people. I understand that they have broken copyright laws or whatever but you can't just go arrest people in another country like that. They made a mistake in taking the site down before the trial. They are innocent until proven guilty and by taking the site down the gov't is basically saying they're guilty right now. I doubt they would let it go back up if these guys get off in court. I think the internet should be a completely free and somewhat lawless medium for human interaction.

As for the government trying to expand is watchful eye and influence; I know this sounds stupid and insane, but I think that if this continues some of us may live to see a group of people standing in front of the Capitol Building blasting off AKs or whatever their gun of choice may be. All this petty protesting and signing petitions and shit won't cut it forever, eventually true change will have to be brought.

I love what anonymous does (I don't support they're 99% ideaology) because it taunts the gov't and makes them look like a bitch. It's really funny to see the things they do. The recent attacks didn't take down the gov't websites forever but I'm pretty sure they're attack on New Years effectively took down the CSLEA website and it has been down since although I see now they actually have it being repaired. For a couple weeks it was a white screen that said they're was no website at this address.Welcome to CSLEA

and that was long so I'm out

Users who are viewing this thread