Love affair..........over so soon????????

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Tob's favorite punchable face kid on YT gets the TP car...……….a couple of track days later...…………….WTF?????

skip to around 11:20 or so to hear PFK start talking about the "mistake" he made.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
What I got out of all of that is that he should have tried some better DD tires that he could also track or buy track tires that will last half a season or so.

And as far as gas mileage goes IDN what he is expecting. The car gets 12 mpg when ur NOT romping on it! When u are its more like 5 or 6 mpg if that!

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
What I got out of all of that is that he should have tried some better DD tires that he could also track or buy track tires that will last half a season or so.

And as far as gas mileage goes IDN what he is expecting. The car gets 12 mpg when ur NOT romping on it! When u are its more like 5 or 6 mpg if that!
There's a great picture on another forum of the dashboard of a 2020 GT500 at a race track. Fuel gauge says full, orange banner on dash says "Warning - only 44 miles to empty".

Cman01

hello
Established Member
He had the car aligned to Ford's "track settings" in this video:

I'm wondering, and this is a guess...…...the tech had to pull the front struts out to adjust the camber for the track. I wonder if those fasteners loosened up after the first track day due to extreme forces and loads on the suspension??? My guess is maybe Loctite should've been used on any fasteners he had to pull to do the alignment. That would account for the good outing the first track day then the car handling falling off the 2nd...…………..makes sense to me....kinda.

Car should go on the rack now to check alignment and if it's off from the settings of the first setup then we know for sure.

As for mileage...…………...small tank, big power what do you expect?? U really needed to spend the $117k to realize afterwards you wanted mileage out of the car like a Corolla???

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
It's a 4K+ lbs car. It'll be hard on consumables. Shocking.
A 15gal fuel tank is ridiculously small for a car that gets this sort of mileage though.

My Trackhawk gets roughly the same mpg and has a 24.6 gallon fuel tank and it seems like I am always putting gas in.
I can't image having only approx. 11 gallons to work with (Never go below 1/4 tank).

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
He had a base handling pack car 1st so the fuel mileage shouldn't be a surprise. As far as tires I would try a tire w/ a little more tread life before selling the car I waited over a year to get

Dusten

Established Member
It's a 4K+ lbs car. It'll be hard on consumables. Shocking.

A 15gal fuel tank is ridiculously small for a car that gets this sort of mileage though.

This. You can't compare tire life of different tires on a mid engine 3200lb car and a front engine 4000lb car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I watched the video and gotta say this guy is one of the most annoying, repetitive reviewer I've ever heard/seen. The video sounded more like a "help me sell this car" video, so that I can buy something else to test with another video.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I mean does anyone really by a GT500 to track it? Its 4200 lbs I dont care how much HP it has with that much weight its just not gonna compete with lighter cars. Track days are about cornering not going fast in the straights.

I would venture to say that less than 1% of new GT500 owners bought their car to "Track it".

Its a killer DD and has tons of potential to go fast straight which is why most ppl bought the car. I have an 18 gallon tank and I never let it go below 1/4 or closer to half in reality so 15 gallons at such horrible MPG would grow old really fast tho.

No one goes into a Ford dealership wanting to know what the track times are on a GT500 and then making a decision on whether or not their gonna buy it so how the car does at the round-round track means dick imo!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I mean does anyone really by a GT500 to track it? Its 4200 lbs I dont care how much HP it has with that much weight its just not gonna compete with lighter cars. Track days are about cornering not going fast in the straights.

I would venture to say that less than 1% of new GT500 owners bought their car to "Track it".

Its a killer DD and has tons of potential to go fast straight which is why most ppl bought the car. I have an 18 gallon tank and I never let it go below 1/4 or closer to half in reality so 15 gallons at such horrible MPG would grow old really fast tho.

No one goes into a Ford dealership wanting to know what the track times are on a GT500 and then making a decision on whether or not their gonna buy it so how the car does at the round-round track means dick imo!

Depends on the track. In Ca we have thunderhill a high speed track. The GT500 do just fine there. Tighter tracks like sonoma raceway are not GT500 friendly tigh turns slower pace track.

RockChalk

Established Member
I am so glad I don't have the same complaints SP has. Quite happy with my 2013. I don't track it. I put brand new All-Season Michelins on it. And I enjoy rowing the gears on occasional nice days. I don't care if it sips fuel like a Subaru. It just turned 12K miles. And it doesn't look like a Supra. I kid. I kid.

Users who are viewing this thread