Mercedes Sl-600 Biturbo???

HighPsi(NorCal)

Established Member
Hoff, you have no idea wtf you are talking about. So essentially you are now calling Lambo's slow? Flying past a car, that has no idea that it is being challenged, is hardly considered a race, hell if that were the case, I have beat a few f-16 jets, a NHRA top fuel dragster (on a trailer of course) and some turbo'd Huybusa's. Once again a race (or lack of) that proves absolutely nothing. Continue trying to make yourself feel like you have the only fast car out there, cause in Hoffworld you are the best.

Benz-O-Rama

Established Member
Wait, it was you that had a stripper in the back of my 996TT and got hot wax everywhere!:beer:

Welcome to the Board, Clayton!

Couldn't have said it any better than that...

Thanks for the invitation for my son to check out your car someday, I know he will really enjoy it. I will send you my contact info, so whenever we both have time to set something up, I'll, I mean my son will be looking forward to it. :)
I would love to hit MIR this weekend, but I probably won't get to the track until next year sometime, I just need to get a few more items together for the car, just so it makes it all worthwhile. Also, there is a Cobra Cruise this weekend to the Catoctin Mountain which I will be tagging along..

And again, you have one heck of a Beautiful Car....and that RR is pretty sweet too....

Yeah, I can't make this rental either, unfortunately. We'll probably do 1 or 2 more, before it's just too cold, or there ends up being snow.

Your blower will love the cold air, and MIR is going to be a negative D/A track in the winter. Makes for some amazing runs, as long as you can hook. We're friendly with Jason Miller so he really takes care of us with the track prep.

Just let me know when you want to meet up. I'll give you a hint though. Everyday when I leave the office, I stop at the 7-11 on 118 next to the Marc station, to get an energy drink for the ride home and preparation for the onslaught of my two young sons that treat me like a jungle gym when I walk in the door. If you were to be in that parking lot, any weekday, at or near 5:00-5:10PM, there's a real good chance you'll run into me. Psssst, I drove the SL today. ;)

Thanks for the compliments. As I told you, your car sounds amazing. I could hear it, even though I was in front of you. Not sure if you heard me or not, but when I went under the railroad tracks the other day, I put the car into "full song" mode, as I like to call it. :D

See ya 'round....

Last edited:

gtmoving

Established Member
I have a question for you MB guys, I am a BMW M guy at heart but I love the AMG cars don't get me wrong. However, do any of you guys wish your cars came with a manual. That has always been a deal breaker for me when it comes to MB. Awesome rides as well guys!

That is deffinetly something you give up. Sometimes I miss it............so I go buy a 996tt..........drive it for a while,..............shove strippers in the back craped seat with Clayton and Bucasa.............realize I am getting a little older and the whole shifting thing is overated, and BAM.........back in a Benz!:coolman:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Hoff, you have no idea wtf you are talking about. So essentially you are now calling Lambo's slow? Flying past a car, that has no idea that it is being challenged, is hardly considered a race, hell if that were the case, I have beat a few f-16 jets, a NHRA top fuel dragster (on a trailer of course) and some turbo'd Huybusa's. Once again a race (or lack of) that proves absolutely nothing. Continue trying to make yourself feel like you have the only fast car out there, cause in Hoffworld you are the best.

I never said I was the best. That Lambo did run the SL if you watch through the entire video though. My friend also spanked that Lambo with his Supra. I know I'm not the fastest, but others putting the SL600 up on the pedastal is just annoying to me. It's a nice expensive car, but it doesn't take too much to beat them....at least from my experience, but what do I know I'm slow and an idiot anyways. Continuing bowing down the the SL600...it'd murder me in a race anyway. Also, don't the 08 gallardos only trap around the low 120s in the 1/4 anyway? They're fast, but again..alot of cars do low 120s nowadays, hence a lightly modified SL600 would do what it did to a gallardo like what happened in the video of them running one.

Last edited:

gtmoving

Established Member
I never said I was the best. That Lambo did run the SL if you watch through the entire video though. My friend also spanked that Lambo with his Supra. I know I'm not the fastest, but others putting the SL600 up on the pedastal is just annoying to me. It's a nice expensive car, but it doesn't take too much to beat them....at least from my experience, but what do I know I'm slow and an idiot anyways. Continuing bowing down the the SL600...it'd murder me in a race anyway.

No one doubts there are alot of Stangs that could put a wooping on most cars out there..........as there are alot of Benzs and other cars that could do the same.............we just dont think it is yours!

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
No one doubts there are alot of Stangs that could put a wooping on most cars out there..........as there are alot of Benzs and other cars that could do the same.............we just dont think it is yours!

Do you even know what's done to mine? Like I said I can get a setup race and not a candid camera race going with these fools with that SL600 and do full walkarounds of both cars if you'd like and then also measure out how many buses I put on it as well and this time I won't give him the hit..Then maybe you can put your foot in your mouth where it belongs.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
More people to get coffee for? I hope you're remembering the creamer. Daddy's not going to get you that Whipple if you mess up his java.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
More people to get coffee for? I hope you're remembering the creamer. Daddy's not going to get you that Whipple if you mess up his java.

Lmao.

Very nice car Benz o Rama, not a fan of "larger" wheels but your car is very tastefully done.

Benz-O-Rama

Established Member
Lmao.

Very nice car Benz o Rama, not a fan of "larger" wheels but your car is very tastefully done.

Thanks man. Yeah, it came with 18's stock, which I currently use as cold weather wheels. It's had a few sets on here…. Here's the prior Savini Forged SV8s. Since I'm a pic whore...

ohio065.jpg

tf-043.jpg

GLK_0499.jpg

And the stock wheels….

cf9978d3.jpg

HighPsi(NorCal)

Established Member
Hoff, Hoff, Hoff. You obviously suffer from Toretto syndrome, you can live life more then a qtr mile at a time.

It dosen't take to much to beat an 11.xx car, huh? In "bench racing world" and "no skill roll racing land", that is correct, in the real world, an 11 second car is fast as hell.

I thought that you didn't know any of these guys, but yet you can get reach arounds, I mean walk arounds of this car.

Do you really believe that a Gallardo is going to be at its top speed in the qtr. Big effing deal that your buddy's Supra beat a Lambo (did your buddy put buses on it just like you did the SL), plenty of us have built cars, aside from our Mercedes, that will destroy stock or lightly modified exotics, but calling a car that will achieve almost 200 mph (in stock form) and not fall apart, slow, is moronic.

Go ahead and put some proof out there, but you still didn't pull on a tuned SL600 like that, something lesser maybe.

BTW, I watched the video before I wrote the first post, it is not a race, its a ricer flyby, period.

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Hoff, Hoff, Hoff. You obviously suffer from Toretto syndrome, you can live life more then a qtr mile at a time.

It dosen't take to much to beat an 11.xx car, huh? In "bench racing world" and "no skill roll racing land", that is correct, in the real world, an 11 second car is fast as hell.

I thought that you didn't know any of these guys, but yet you can get reach arounds, I mean walk arounds of this car.

Do you really believe that a Gallardo is going to be a its top speed in the qtr. Big effing deal that your buddy's Supra beat a Lambo (did your buddy put buses on it just like you did the SL), plenty of us have built cars, aside from our Mercedes, that will destroy stock or lightly modified exotics, but calling a car that will achieve almost 200 mph (in stock form) and not fall apart, slow, is moronic.

Go ahead and put some proof out there, but you still didn't pull on a tuned SL600 like that, something lesser maybe.

BTW, I watched the video before I wrote the first post, it is not a race, its a ricer flyby, period.

I don't know these guys first hand until after I found this video. If you view their facebook page they call anyone and everyone out in the area so all i'd have to do is say "Round 2?" and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to do a detailed video for me. It was in fact a lightly modified sl600...never said it had some crazy modifications done, but it has the typical exhaust, tune modifications.

Also I never claimed to have any skill nor do I give a **** about skilled racing. I race every now and then for fun, nothing more. I don't practice, nor do I honestly give a rats ass about it. It's an adrenaline rush for me, that's all. I like to modify my car in bits and pieces to keep a steady hobby going. IDC who's faster, what's more expensive, etc. They're nice cars, and they're fast yes, but they can be beaten, it's not like we are talking about a godly C6 Z06 now. I guess it's just that hard to believe that my lil ole overspun eaton can do that much damage.

Users who are viewing this thread