Mileage update

shetheri

Established Member
Had mine since last October and have 770 mi, 300 of which came from driving it back from the dealer in IN that I bought it from. Winters are very long here in MI.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I have 600 miles on mine, had it since November.

Part of the issue is I work like an idiot and have been traveling like crazy.

The other issue is I live in a very new development and the idiot builders I really think purposely scatter nails all over the road.

I have picked up nails on many occasions in my regular driver and have been a little reluctant to pulling out the GT500 because of this. Sucks!

The good news is the neighborhood is almost built out and construction is winding down.

I literally walk my street to the gate to look for nails and pick them up. Then just cross my fingers when I take it out.

Although it would be a good excuse to get rid of the Goodyears, but then I would be ruining nice Michelin's.

should have bought road hazard
on a car like a gt500 it's almost stupid not to

5.0 guy

Established Member
I fully understand "each to his own", however, I see you guys with almost no miles on your cars and I wonder, why did you buy them?

I have 11 cars so I drive different cars all the time, my 13' has 260 miles and my 08 has 1,000. Living in Colorado limits the amout of good weather months I can drive the cars plus working many hours takes seat time also. To be honest I love getting into any one of my cars and having them in "new" condition racking lots of miles takes that away. I do assure you that I enjoy my car as much as the other guy buy really enjoy waxing and polishing them with a short drive after the most! In the Winter months I enjoy switching from a 4 door Wrangler Rubicon to a lifted F-350 King Ranch so I always have something enjoyable to drive, if it was my only sporty car then I'm sure the miles would be way higher. :beer:

Kapy

Established Member
should have bought road hazard
on a car like a gt500 it's almost stupid not to

I work in the business and believe me most of the time Road Hazard is a joke with Tire companies.

Of course the dealer will sell it to you all day long, but when it comes to making a claim, trust me I always see issues with that.

Especially if it is a nail in the tire.

But thanks.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I have 600 miles on mine, had it since November.

Part of the issue is I work like an idiot and have been traveling like crazy.

The other issue is I live in a very new development and the idiot builders I really think purposely scatter nails all over the road.

I have picked up nails on many occasions in my regular driver and have been a little reluctant to pulling out the GT500 because of this. Sucks!

The good news is the neighborhood is almost built out and construction is winding down.

I literally walk my street to the gate to look for nails and pick them up. Then just cross my fingers when I take it out.

Although it would be a good excuse to get rid of the Goodyears, but then I would be ruining nice Michelin's.

Yea I got a tire warranty for like 400 bucks. It has already paid itself over 2 times. It even covers the michelins I put on.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I work in the business and believe me most of the time Road Hazard is a joke with Tire companies.

Of course the dealer will sell it to you all day long, but when it comes to making a claim, trust me I always see issues with that.

But thanks.

i work in the business as well and have never had a problem with a claim so maybe we use a different company

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
um.. little over a month.. 1400 miles. I can't help it, I make excuses to drive. To my wife constantly - "Oh, I'll go get it :banana:"

Sparko

Established Member
Got mine 7/20/12.....stored it from 12/1 until 4/1....drive it every weekend and sometimes to work. I have all of 2200 miles on my Black Vert

phil123

Established Member

But thanks.

I got the official Ford Road Hazard for $250. No problems having a Michelin PSS replaced along with a towing reimbursement.

Users who are viewing this thread