Mileage update

Kapy

Established Member
I got the official Ford Road Hazard for $250. No problems having a Michelin PSS replaced along with a towing reimbursement.

Hmmm, thanks for the info guys.

I wonder if it is too late to get a tire warranty?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Put 6500 miles on my 1st one in 90 before I sold it.

It's now down under...so I have no idea how many kilometers it has on it while driving on the wrong side of the road ;)

Had this one for a couple weeks and put 1500 on it. 1200 was the drive home from picking it up

nix5o

Established Member
Why you trading it in? How much difference are you paying?

I basically wanted a color change and no track pack. Its costing me a little over 2 grand after tax title and license, and my payment is going down about 100 bucks a month :rockon:

Turbo mach1

Established Member
I basically wanted a color change and no track pack. Its costing me a little over 2 grand after tax title and license, and my payment is going down about 100 bucks a month :rockon:

You back in the country???

GT500662

Established Member
Picked up 7/7/12. It now has 2150 miles...over a 100 if them today. Had a lot of fun today with my 2 youngest sons cruising

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Picked up 6/8...just passed 900miles today.
Been daily driving it all week to work with the nice weather.
I'm guessing I'll probably end up with about 5000/year...nice weather regular driver.
-J

eagle eye

Established Member
Picked up 6/8...just passed 900miles today.
Been daily driving it all week to work with the nice weather.
I'm guessing I'll probably end up with about 5000/year...nice weather regular driver.
-J

Your not wasting any time getting to know that beast are you J ?
How many miles did you put on driving home?

Just past 980 today. Took delivery on 11-27

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I took delivery on 9 Nov, in Elma, WA and promptly racked-up 1500 miles driving it home. It only comes out in nice weather, but I've managed to find ~3100 miles of that since I got home. I'm at ~4600 miles, and loving every one of them.

nix5o

Established Member
You back in the country???

Nope I have a few more days over here. I'm taking the scenic route home so I won't be home until the 2nd. If all goes well I'll be picking up the new ride on the 3rd.

When we going racing???:rockon:

Turbo mach1

Established Member
Nope I have a few more days over here. I'm taking the scenic route home so I won't be home until the 2nd. If all goes well I'll be picking up the new ride on the 3rd.

When we going racing???:rockon:

Pm me your email again and I'll send you the race schedule.

nhs156

Established Member
Received my 2014 April 1st, it has 113 on the clock.

My 2013 had 125 when I sold it.

I actually feel a little bit sorry for you: whoever buys your cars from you gets a fantastic deal while you can't possibly derive much joy from actual ownership. Why not get a giant poster instead? I realize this sounds disrespectful but I promise that is not the intent. So apologies if I've offended with my post.

Edit: I feel compelled to ask a follow-up question out of genuine curiosity: Money/resale value is obviously not a factor, as you had to take a bit of a hit on the 13 to get the 14. So if it's not a desire to keep up resale value, what's driving the low mileage: a large car collection with a lot of cars to choose from (could kinda sorta understand that)? Inclement weather? Deriving joy from just admiring the car? Genuinely curious - feel free not to answer :)

Oh - and in the spirit of the original question: I have around 2,200 miles on mine after about a month of ownership. It's not supposed to be my daily driver, but right now the daily driver has taken a bit of a back seat.

Last edited:

nix5o

Established Member
13cobra is a dealer. He made money on his 13' that's why he sold it.

I had planned on keeping my 13 longer, I thought the production was going to be similar to the 03-04 cobras so I could keep my 13 for a year and a half before I ordered me a 14 in the exact color I wanted. The trade in value/ demand for these cars is still high enough that I was able to trade mine in with 4400 miles and break even on a car that I had 10 months, and I didn't even put a big down payment on it. If I had to take a 10k ass whippin I wouldn't have done it. As far as I'm concerned my situation was a win win.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I actually feel a little bit sorry for you: whoever buys your cars from you gets a fantastic deal while you can't possibly derive much joy from actual ownership. Why not get a giant poster instead? I realize this sounds disrespectful but I promise that is not the intent. So apologies if I've offended with my post.

Edit: I feel compelled to ask a follow-up question out of genuine curiosity: Money/resale value is obviously not a factor, as you had to take a bit of a hit on the 13 to get the 14. So if it's not a desire to keep up resale value, what's driving the low mileage: a large car collection with a lot of cars to choose from (could kinda sorta understand that)? Inclement weather? Deriving joy from just admiring the car? Genuinely curious - feel free not to answer :)

Oh - and in the spirit of the original question: I have around 2,200 miles on mine after about a month of ownership. It's not supposed to be my daily driver, but right now the daily driver has taken a bit of a back seat.

I have about 75 of the giant GT500 posters in my garage still in the original box from Ford for advertising purposes...if you'd like one let me know. :poke:

I'm a dealer. I ordered my 2013 with intent to hold onto it. However, a dealership in Nebraska called and offered $3500 over MSRP for it, so I sold it to them knowing that I could order a 2014. I actually like the options on my 14 a lot better.

We're from different extremes. You've had your car a month and put 2200 miles on it, I have not put 2200 miles on 1 car in a long time. I drive different ones every few days. My Shelby sits in the garage for the occasional cruise and mental release. I honestly enjoy cleaning it as much as I like driving it.

Also since you hit on the resale of these cars not doing too well, contrary to this forum's opinions, there are still dealers out there pulling $5-10k over MSRP for theirs.

You and I both enjoy are cars, just in a different way. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread