Mustang Line-up

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
Nothing wrong with that my friend.

I can't wait to burn down my first GT500 :fart: .........just as long as he's not packing more heat then me :burn:

Be well

i am sure you will get plenty. but there will be a few that tag you as well. and the wheel goes round and round!:D :beer:

be safe out there!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
Ry

100 lbs. worth of water in the GT40 coolant lines :eek:

You realize that equates to 12 gallons. That's a lot considering the entire system holds only 8 gallons (for reference the front engine GT500 hold 5 gallons).

Must be the new math they use on this site :rollseyes
yea, they added letters!

ok, so i was typing on the fly and not thinking on the fly, leave me alone!!! not 100lbs, i agee with that(after a few seconds worth of thought), but i bet you might be able to save about 50 between the fluids, longer piping, mounting crap, other misc. things. you also have to take into account the fact that the GT has a front end long enough to fit an engine(i dont know for fact but, well, look at the damn thing! thats a long nose!!!) and your also stretching it in the middle to put the engine their. thats adding some extra weight. i guess what im saying is, if mosler can build a 2500lb mid engine fiberglass bodied car then ford can build a 3000lb front engine car.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the e46, and 997. the e90 will weight in at 3400#, and the amv8 runs in at 3450.

997 does not seat 4, don't kid yourself. The M3 barely does, and you are right it will come in around 3400.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
997 does not seat 4, don't kid yourself. The M3 barely does, and you are right it will come in around 3400.

thats not what you asked! you asked for a four seat sports car. you did not ask for a sports car that fit four adults. if thats your question neither does a mustang!

chuckstang

Established Member
Just because a few people have paid 80k for the gt500 does not warrant a case for Ford to believe there is enough potential buyers out there willing to shell out that much cash on a 80k msrp mustang. They have to sell more than a 100 to make it worth while. Some of you guys need to get real and get with the program.
I realize this post is a lil late and the thread has evolved since then, but just my 2cents

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I tend to agree with Randy above, but let's use the upcoming 6+ liter BOSS motor as the basis. IMHO, I don't think their is a market for $70K to $80K Mustang "sports car", because the vast majority of Mustang sales are the basic cars, which as stated above are based on a platform too limited for a true super sports car. It would be nice to see the 2+2 Mustang re-design evolve into a Giugiaro-esque style on the current platform. I think the $70K to $80K class is going to have to be filled by the "Daisy", or some new, but similar coupe that competes with the Z06 and Viper. For Ford, the historical antecedent for this position was always held by the AC Shelby Cobra Roadster (and eventyal the Daytona Coupe), which was touted as the "Vette-killer". Many may not wish to hear the "Shelby" name associated with Ford again, but an upgraded Daisy-style Cobra Roadster would nicely fit the bill ...if they can build it for a competitive price,that is.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Purvis said:
Dont believe the dealer hype. Its all BS.
Wait until Spring time, they will be everywhere for MSRP or below.

That's my take too. $37k before the next model year.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
thats not what you asked! you asked for a four seat sports car. you did not ask for a sports car that fit four adults. if thats your question neither does a mustang!

And there are only 2 or 3 "sports" cars that DO seat 4 adults for around $60K. And they are by no means light.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Yeah, but the dealers owuld be pissed if there was no mark up! :lol:

3 letters, say them over & over again:
GR1 GR1GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1 GR1

GR1!!!!!!!!

:idea: Build it already! :rollseyes

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
the shelby GR-1 is the coolest front engine car ever built in the world. if ford builds it i will buy it. i like it better than the ford GT. its the only car in the world i would consider selling my viper for.

6986Shelby-GR1-Concept-004.jpg

6986020.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
And there are only 2 or 3 "sports" cars that DO seat 4 adults for around $60K. And they are by no means light.

lets get the definitions please. what is a sports car? is it a big car? what type of performance? can evos qualify? how big does the back seat have to be? why are we on this subject?

all i was looking at was a sports coupe 2+2 style that is smaller and lighter than the mustang gt. of course to create a new body on frame car, and take 200lbs away while one adds a greater handling ability the price would go up. thats why i stated a car like this would likely run above 70k, and ford would have a hit on thier hands.

where did i say it had to sit 4 adults better than the current mustang?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
A mustang seats 4 midgets, not 4 adults.

thats my point. i never once said it did! i said four seats. 2+2 sports coupe like the 997. small and light great handling sports coupe for $70k.

i dont want another luxo sedan ala m5 e55!:bash:

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
yea right!!!!!!!!!!! try 100k

It would be no different than the Ford GT program at that price. They would HAVE TO PRICE IT CLOSE TO THE Z06 AND VIPER to stand any chance at all.
$60-80k would have to be the pricing range.

Users who are viewing this thread