New GT500 leak...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

blk02edge

Established Member
Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify 4,000 plus pounds.
Well then explain to me why it weighs 4000+ lbs... If you want to compare lap times of stripper cars that weighed 3k affordably 15 years ago to the lap times of the overweight pigs these days then be my guest lol. They weigh what they do because of needed safety regs not the 40lbs worth of stereos. To make a car pass all that safety and have high performance/low weight it takes an extreme amount of money.

Feel free to prove me wrong with facts.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Maybe you don't know this, but the radiator and its opening are two of the most crucial pieces of the design and they drive much of what goes on in the front of the car. The heat rejection from the engine drives the size, and type of radiator, as well as required air flow. The rest of the front end flows from that.
...the size of the radiator is determined by how much heat it has to handle.

You sir, get a cookie. Having seen what can't be shared without breaking promises and losing friends I can honestly say that everyone will soon learn more about why the openings are so large. Until 8:40am....how's this?

Z rolling2 - Copy.jpg

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You sir, get a cookie. Having seen what can't be shared without breaking promises and losing friends I can honestly say that everyone will soon learn more about why the openings are so large. Until 8:40am....how's this?

View attachment 1543518
It certainly looks a lot better at that angle. I wonder if Chicane23/Tiger Racing is developing any parts for the GT500 since they had that brochure in advance. I know they partnered with Cortex Racing when the S550 GT was released.

cammed 2v gt

Established Member
I understand that between adding all the coolers and heavy duty stuff combined with ever increasing saftey standards that we'll never see a truely light mustang again but it seems like its getting out of control. Ford has been building aluminum F-150s for 5 model years now, you'd think that they've got the tech down well enough to do an all aluminum mustang to shed a couple hundred lbs without the cost getting out of control. Reducing weight helps literally every performance and effeciency measure.

As for the rumor or no manual trans its sad because I'm a die hard stick shift guy however I can imangine that they didn't meat the performance figures they were chasing with a stick shift and they probably don't produce a transmission that can handle the power. I don't know how the tremec in the GT350 holds up to power but the MT82 certainly should never be put into anything as high powed as this GT500 (IMO the tremec in the shelby should be the trans in all V8 mustangs)

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
There was never a 2019 gt500 and there will never be a 2020 gt500.....lol...

Dusten

Established Member
if there is no manual now odds for it ever happening again are gonna be miniscule. i don't think Ford would risk it for the impact it would have on sales. i'd bet money there is a stick available. if not, i've got one more reason to have left this site and would never seriously consider buying a new Mustang again...and i happen to be in the market for a new vehicle at this time btw...it just won't be a Ford

It'll be dct only.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I hope the Ford exhibition this morning justifies putting the snake dead center.

Do not like.

Rest looks okay, not mind-blowing like the 13s reveal, but this body style hasn’t grown on me as much.

Users who are viewing this thread