Nitrous C6 Z06 vs 2.9 Whipple GT500

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member

jasil

Established Member
Small freaking world, and great video, that EVO was brake boosting his tail off!!! Then I watched it again and said wait a minute that's the guy I sold my BR COP ignition setup too........I see he switched turbo setups.

Great job from a roll and a dig on a 130mph trapping EVO.

mustangbee

Established Member
crazy how you reeled in that evo on the roll with brake boost...the dig was cool, i know that surprises awd guys

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
hijack

Nice vids! You plan on spraying your Z?

yes, just trying to decide between upgrading to an LSX 454 shortblock or trying my chances with the stocker. waiting on a few quotes...

Small freaking world, and great video, that EVO was brake boosting his tail off!!! Then I watched it again and said wait a minute that's the guy I sold my BR COP ignition setup too........I see he switched turbo setups.

Great job from a roll and a dig on a 130mph trapping EVO.

thanks! it's hard to see in the vid, but he took the hit on our roll race. fast evo, and on race gas he is sure to outrun me (maybe :-D). I think he recently changed his setup, diff turbo. I was told he makes 600whp+ but not sure on his power levels in our race.

/end hijack.

steele501

Established Member
not to beat a dead horse about msrp values of the gt500 vs the c6z06, but here is today's EXACT black book (dealer) used car values...

2007 GT500 cp $31,400
2007 C6Z06 $43,850

so for those of you that are considering each of these cars, the C6Z will/should cost you about $12,450 more. it's up to you to decide if the value is worth it to you or not, the "better" car is subjective. for me, I would love to have a vert with backseats, but I prefer to go really fast instead :-D

so you're saying gt500's maintain their resale value better then the Z:poke:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
so you're saying gt500's maintain their resale value better then the Z:poke:

yes, i think so. used c6z's in the low/mid 40's are an amazing value, as is low 30's for an equal year gt500. financially speaking, buying/owning a performance car is a "lose lose" situation. just pick out the one you want and can afford and try to enjoy it :beer:

jasil

Established Member
Vin's, car has trapped a best of 134mph on race gas, unsure of what it will do with the new 6262 setup.

Part of me misses my EVO, so cheap to go so fast, and traction........the car did nothing for me in any other way though. While the Z is sexy, just plain sexy, all the amenities, the total package, handles, brakes, top speed, etc et etc.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Great race...:beer:
2 Bad ass American cars :bowdown::bowdown:,
sad some of you guys get so heated that you start to blast the cars.. :rollseyes
BTW everything gets old and loses value , So have fun with what you can while you still can!

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
dang bro, no one is arguing the GT500 ability to respond to mods man, its the king... BUT your money arguement is DUMB-bottomline. I could buy an old fox for 7k and throw another 15k in the motor and taking a steaming hot dump on your car OR a Z...WHAT IS IT YOU ARE SAYING TO ME:shrug:

No man its your argument that is stupid. We are talking Gt 500 vs C6Z06 here. The Z06 has a built in 31 k advantage. If you want to heads up drag race the two vehicle then the playing field has to be leveled with mods. Its not really that hard to find another 150hp to the ground for 31K.

I find it amusing when zo6 are afraid to race from a dig for a quarter mile because they are afraid they won't have an advantage. Add the fact that people seem to ignore a purpose built 73K msrp car has a lot more built in advantages than a 42K msrp pony car does. Big suprise. The Z can be beat but it takes about 125-150 more hp to the ground for a GT 500 to do it. I suspect that when the 2011 GT 500 comeout with aluminum blocks and improved rods we will be seeing more 800+ hp cars on the road.

Last edited:

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
No man its your argument that is stupid. We are talking Gt 500 vs C6Z06 here. The Z06 has a built in 31 k advantage. If you want to heads up drag race the two vehicle then the playing field has to be leveled with mods. Its not really that hard to find another 150hp to the ground for 31K.

I find it amusing when zo6 are afraid to race from a dig for a quarter mile because they are afraid they won't have an advantage. Add the fact that people seem to ignore a purpose built 73K msrp car has a lot more built in advantages than a 42K msrp pony car does. Big suprise. The Z can be beat but it takes about 125-150 more hp to the ground for a GT 500 to do it. I suspect that when the 2011 GT 500 comeout with aluminum blocks and improved rods we will be seeing more 800+ hp cars on the road.

all that power wont mean anything if you cant get it to the ground

Zeke0123

Established Member
Last edited:

acr-c

Established Member
The Vette rolled out, but I guess no one watched the video posted by the GT500 showing the same race? YouTube - SlowWhiteShelby VS ThepunisherZ06
The first race the GT500 honked 3 times and hit it and the vette didn't move (or either didn't come up fast enough to get in the camera's view). The next races the Vette took off after TWO honks NOT THREE!:nono: The GT500 was waiting to take off on the 3rd honk, so that's why he was sitting still when the vette left. Doesn't mean the GT500 would've won the race, but it definitely wouldn't have been the results that were showed from the Vette's camera. If someone with that much power takes the hit you stand NO CHANCE at running them down. I'd like to see a them race with BOTH cars taking off on the 3rd honk and see what the difference is then!

Although I don't think the GT500 could have won...I TOTALLY agree. Those starts were weak. I always like to let the other guy take the hit...that way there are NO excuses when you pull away. :rockon:

Christian

sfadchi

Established Member
the one used was the one at speed and truck west which was spot on because a buddy of mine dyno under 500 in his cobra than on one dynojet in west palm.

Watch the Video, the dyno used was the one in Plantation. At the 48second mark it shows the back of the car on the STP motorsports dyno. I go to that dyno all the time, and have for over 4 years.

sfadchi

Established Member
Great race...:beer:
2 Bad ass American cars :bowdown::bowdown:,
sad some of you guys get so heated that you start to blast the cars.. :rollseyes
BTW everything gets old and loses value , So have fun with what you can while you still can!

Well said, I love both cars! They are two very different vehicles. I just can't stand it when the Vette guys start bashing the GT500.

mustangbee

Established Member

i think you confusing the term purpose built here. purpose built is what the GT500 does at the drag only. god forbid the Z slacks in one area, and still isnt to shabby their imo...
the Z is basically in the form of a supercar's direction, without a name to lean on like lambo, ferrari or whatever, and build quality also, but your arguing the 31k price difference like all that money was devoted to making the Z a drag car only.:shrug: it isnt restricted to one area

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
yes, i think so. used c6z's in the low/mid 40's are an amazing value, as is low 30's for an equal year gt500. financially speaking, buying/owning a performance car is a "lose lose" situation. just pick out the one you want and can afford and try to enjoy it :beer:

I can only wish the ZR1 will also depreciate this fast. If the ZR1 dips below 70k in the next few years that will be my weekend car.

Users who are viewing this thread