Nitrous infor for the new 5.0

Juiced 66

Established Member
Stock clutch, factory 3.73's, the mt drag radial I have is a little less than 28" tall. With the boss intake I shift it at 7500 and am able to make it down the track in 4th gear. My N/A tune from JDM made 454/402. It's as aggressive as I could get on 93 pump gas. On that tune I've gone 11.91 @ 118 with a 1.64 60 ft. That was on the same day I got my nitrous pass in. It was late afternoon, in the 90's so I figure it should pick up a bit in some cooler weather. I can't wait till I get some 50 degree air. I'll prob be spraying 200 on it this winter if I don't decide to swap to a blower. I'm considering spraying 200 at fun ford in dallas next month just to see what it runs.

Mods are

C&L cold air intake
Boss intake
Long tubes
Off road x pipe
Magnaflow cat back
3:73's
Aluminum driveshaft
1" drop springs w/adjustable panhard bar
Race star wheels front and back with Mickey Thompson 295 drag radials and front runners.

Last edited:

saleen homer

Established Member
Woah.. Sorry guys, the car went 10.96 not 10.06.. Guess i hit the wrong key. I would crap my pants if it did that on a 150 shot ! That time was with Mickey Thompson drag radials and front runners. I launched at 2000 and my window switch is set for the nitrous to come on at 3500. Hopefully I can get back to the track soon, but it's major hot down here right now so I'm gona wait a couple months.

you launched at 2k and it didnt fall on its face? I launch at 3.5k and it falls on its face

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I think I am going to try the JMS kit. I have gone 11.79 with my car and minimal mods, so I am hoping to crack mid 10's on the sauce.

Mike

rubicon1979

Established Member
If you go with JMS could you let us know how you like it?

Seems like mid 10's with their kit should be possible if everything else is right.

Juiced 66

Established Member
Leaving at 2k I slip the clutch just a bit untill the nitrous comes in. I tried leaving harder but it was spinning like crazy. It was a hot summer day in Texas and the track was getting killed by all the cars doing massive burnouts with radial tires.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I've been looking at the JMS kit as well. Very nice little package and should work very well on us stick cars. May have to give them a call Monday and get a little details.

I am pretty sure I am going to get it. I would love to run a mid 10 with this car on 3.31s.

Mike

bmitchell373

Established Member
Been talking to a few people, and reading on here. I'm going to be getting a kit hopefully next month. I'm not going to run over a 100 shot, but it'll help a bit.

KtownStang

Established Member
I am thinking of adding a nitrous setup. Biggest worry I have is that when I am not using the system that the car will lose performance. I like to run NA on the street, but dont want to lose performance when not using the nitrous.

Anyone have a solid answer? Please only guys who actually know or use a nitrous kit. Not looking for hypotheticals from guys who dont even use nitrous.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I am thinking of adding a nitrous setup. Biggest worry I have is that when I am not using the system that the car will lose performance. I like to run NA on the street, but dont want to lose performance when not using the nitrous.

Anyone have a solid answer? Please only guys who actually know or use a nitrous kit. Not looking for hypotheticals from guys who dont even use nitrous.

Just use 2 tunes. One for NA street driving and one for track/nitrous use. its that simply. IIRC you can have up to 3 tunes on an SCT programmer.

Users who are viewing this thread