Oil leak in my Boss...

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Just dropped the car off at the dealer. A little over a week ago I noticed some oil drops on the garage floor under the car. We thought I just did something silly like leave the filter a little loose or not tighten the drain plug enough. We finally got to jack it up last night and the oil was coming from before the drain plug and the filter was clean; it looks like it's coming from the front of the oil pan.

Oil drops on the front pan bolts -

i-MNWsHHP.jpg

Oil on the top of the underbelly tray -

i-WXgFGRJ-L.jpg

:(

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn there is nothing more annoying that a freaking oil leak!!! if they have to pull the pan it would be the perfect time to give them a Canton R.R oil pan though :beer:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
11k and change. Took it to a 1-day DE a little over a month ago, I wonder if that's what did it. I hope not though, that would make me lose a lot of confidence in this car's trackability...

AZBOSS

Established Member
11k and change. Took it to a 1-day DE a little over a month ago, I wonder if that's what did it. I hope not though, that would make me lose a lot of confidence in this car's trackability...

You probably just got an unlucky assembly defect or you're part of the 7 DPM in crank seals...this car loves the track.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
my last 3 new cars have developed oil leaks. usually something dumb, lines / gaskets / random. It sux to say the least. cars were bmw 335, bmw m5, mercedes c63 all were fixed no questions asked but it's still sh!tty.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Picked the car up today, that was a lot faster than I thought it'd be. I snuck a peek at the warranty invoice before they gave me the no-charge invoice; the part was $44 and with labor it came out to $180. The service writer said it's not the first one they've had, and that it wasn't anything I did to make it fail; it must be a bad part or something.

Users who are viewing this thread