Parkland school shooting officer charged with neglect

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was under the impression his CO told him to not enter?
Maybe that is where the perjury charge is coming from?

I'd love to see this coward prosecuted, but if a federal judge ruled in his favor, I don't see criminal charges going anywhere. I would think a civil lawsuit is the only route that makes sense.

FJohnny

Established Member
Is anyone under the impression that this guy hasn't and will not continue to pay a huge price for his cowardice and dereliction of duty? He has lost his job, been publicly shamed and likely has been abandoned by everyone he ever knew.

Sure, his poor performance of his work duties were connected to really tragic outcomes. I get that we want to blame someone for this. But the fact is that we don't even really know if it would have made any difference if he had run in. But he gives us a focal point for our anger.

How about being mad at the guy who did the shooting? How about the guys who trained this cop and assigned him the job. They had to know what kind of guy he was. They probably thought they were giving him the easy job at the end of his career. Big error. No blame there? Should they also be arrested?

They are charging a guy for being the shits at his job. If that is to be a jail-able offense half the world would be behind bars. Do we really think putting this guy away will make the next guy man up? Doubt it. Some rise to adversity and others run. That's how is always will be. Celebrate the heroes but realize the others are being human and failing.

Now if the guy committed perjury, that's another thing altogether. Put him away!

coposrv

Established Member
Is anyone under the impression that this guy hasn't and will not continue to pay a huge price for his cowardice and dereliction of duty? He has lost his job, been publicly shamed and likely has been abandoned by everyone he ever knew.

Sure, his poor performance of his work duties were connected to really tragic outcomes. I get that we want to blame someone for this. But the fact is that we don't even really know if it would have made any difference if he had run in. But he gives us a focal point for our anger.

How about being mad at the guy who did the shooting? How about the guys who trained this cop and assigned him the job. They had to know what kind of guy he was. They probably thought they were giving him the easy job at the end of his career. Big error. No blame there? Should they also be arrested?

They are charging a guy for being the shits at his job. If that is to be a jail-able offense half the world would be behind bars. Do we really think putting this guy away will make the next guy man up? Doubt it. Some rise to adversity and others run. That's how is always will be. Celebrate the heroes but realize the others are being human and failing.

Now if the guy committed perjury, that's another thing altogether. Put him away!

He needs to be held accountable. His actions or lack there of led to loss of life. About time police are being held liable.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Like I stated before, I believe the courts ruled he had no duty so I don't see these charges (other than maybe perjury) going anywhere, however...

It might not have made a difference, but it also might have. What if it saved just one kid? I think that family would be pretty happy about that.

FJohnny said:

They aren't mutually exclusive.

FJohnny said:

There's a difference between screwing up someone's drive thru order and kids potentially being killed because you didn't do your job. Maybe it doesn't make the next guy man up, but maybe it does. Maybe it prevents departments from putting a Barney Fife in that position, who knows? It being or not being a deterrent shouldn't absolve someone of their responsibility.

jaxbusa

Established Member

It seems that everything failed in this case.

The deputy was a godsend to the guys at the FBI that dropped the ball on two tips about the shooter before the incident.

Story below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/352142002

A year before the incident Cruz cut his arms and talked about getting a gun in a Snapchat video. A mental health worker interviewed him and didn’t hospitalize him.

Story below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna849221

Are soldiers that freeze in combat charged with crimes?

Coiled03

Established Member

I didn't think it needed to be explained that we're mad at the guy who pulled the trigger. I thought that was Captain Obvious level stuff.

Yet.....here we are.

SVTP never ceases to amaze me.

Zemedici

Established Member
Since it has been determined he had no legal duty to go in I don't see how the charges stick.

I don't care if he had no LEGAL duty during the shooting. He sure as hell had a MORAL duty. As such, I hope they throw the book at him.

What these guys said.

Moral = / = legal unfortunately.

Civil suit would make more sense, but the guys was a resource officer, would be like squeezing blood from a rock imo, they cant make millions right?

But the guy has to go to sleep every night knowing that he failed those kids. That's a pretty rough punishment, imo.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
As a police officer you have the ability to both DESTROY and SAVE someone’s life. This is all “at your discretion”. With having that IMMENSE amount of power at your disposal, there also comes special responsibilities.

He collected the paycheck / reaped all the rewards of being a “protector and server” of the community, until it came time to actually fulfill his ethical and moral obligations.

His dereliction of his duty directly contributed to loss of life. Shame is not enough, loss of job is not enough.

No siree Bob... you don’t get off that easy!

Let this be an example to all the pussies out there contemplating getting a job as a cop, to then only reap the perks of the job and NOT put in the work that is actually needed or expected of you.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
giphy.gif

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
There was an asshole on this site, in the days this happened, defending this cop saying he was more of a hero by not risking his life. I fired back and said he should be arrested for dereliction of duty. That guy laughed at me. Whos laughing now asshole. Wish i could remember your name on here.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
There was an asshole on this site, in the days this happened, defending this cop saying he was more of a hero by not risking his life. I fired back and said he should be arrested for dereliction of duty. That guy laughed at me. Whos laughing now asshole. Wish i could remember your name on here.

Yeah...that is not in the description of being a Hero or a Police Officer. They get my ultimate respect because that is what they do..DAILY.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Yeah...that is not in the description of being a Hero or a Police Officer. They get my ultimate respect because that is what they do..DAILY.
That was my position. He actually said, police do not get paid to protect and serve. He said that out loud.

MG0h3

Established Member

Lol @Hero.

Judging by the look on this dudes face the other day, I suspect he’ll be dead before he ends up at a verdict. Either a stroke/heart attack or offing himself.

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blown 89

Established Member
The Supreme Court has already ruled against cases like this so the only thing that could possibly stick is the purgery charge.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

That was my position. He actually said, police do not get paid to protect and serve. He said that out loud.

I remember that..... now it’s bugging me too!

Show yourself !!!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Are soldiers that freeze in combat charged with a crime?]

No they are not. I think you could be hit with non judicial punishment for failure to disobey a direct order if the CO is a dick. Really depends on the situation though. Example: If a .50 cal gunner freezes up and doesn’t return fire while breaking contact he will just get ribbed and chewed out. Guy fails to shoot the enemy coming over the walls of the FOB, much bigger deal. That guy will get ****ed by the big green as he should. Everyone is relying on him to do his job and keep the enemy out. Honestly it’s similar to the cop not going in and confronting the shooter.

jaxbusa

Established Member
No they are not. I think you could be hit with non judicial punishment for failure to disobey a direct order if the CO is a dick. Really depends on the situation though. Example: If a .50 cal gunner freezes up and doesn’t return fire while breaking contact he will just get ribbed and chewed out. Guy fails to shoot the enemy coming over the walls of the FOB, much bigger deal. That guy will get ****ed by the big green as he should. Everyone is relying on him to do his job and keep the enemy out. Honestly it’s similar to the cop not going in and confronting the shooter.

But the soldier won’t be charge with anything or serve time? I’m sorry, I was not in the military and I don’t know what getting pounded by the big green means.

Users who are viewing this thread