Parkland school shooting officer charged with neglect

MG01GT

Established Member
His cowardace is mighty high in the sense that those shoots were not fired at him.... and trust me there is a distinct difference. He failed his sworen oath, he failed the city, he failed the citizens he swore to protect and the laws to up hold and defend. You live by the gun, you die by the gun.... I have no sympathy. Fear and lack of situational awareness are no excuse.. you move, you seek your enemy and exert maximum force and violence on him to protect others.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
One problem is he was a gigantic fatass. That reduces ability and confidence. His gut would be cutting the pie before his eye

I don’t know why most LE don’t have recurring PT tests. My agency doesn’t, but the unit on I’m enacts one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
One problem is he was a gigantic fatass. That reduces ability and confidence. His gut would be cutting the pie before his eye

I don’t know why most LE don’t have recurring PT tests. My agency doesn’t, but the unit on I’m enacts one.

Can't enforce it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Bingo.. your level of fitness can literally determine life and death, yours and or those you are sworn to protect. These guys should want to maintain the best shape they can, could be the difference between coming home or not.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I remember my local sheriff’s office started a fitness program for some of the larger officers. Their intention was to reduce health insurance claims that were costing the city a lot of money. The officers got to workout on duty with a trainer. The news got a hold of it, people trashed the program and it went away. I think they have a fitness test every year but it’s easy. You have to think about how the world is at this point about equality. If you have to drag a 160 pound dummy is it fair test for a 100 pound female recruit and a 200 pound male recruit? If not, how do you determine what is fair? Now you just treated someone differently because of their gender. The safe solution is to make something so easy that even the frailest recruits can pass.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Why do you say that?
Because its a bias. Younger officers tend to be able to complete all the PT things. As older officers normally can not. Cant enforce a PT that isnt fair to everyone. Opens the department's up to major law suits.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Bingo.. your level of fitness can literally determine life and death, yours and or those you are sworn to protect. These guys should want to maintain the best shape they can, could be the difference between coming home or not.

It sounds easier than it is. Some officers have medical issues that prevent them from being able to stay physically fit at the age of 40-50yr old. But in no way is that an excuse to hide while kids are being killed.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
hmmm, i doubt this will pan out. I thought the courts already ruled that LEOs are not legally required to "protect" citizens. What's morally right and what's required by law are 2 different things.

Also this guy is only human, unlike the movies most cops have never been in an actual shooting before. The flight response to save oneself is a natural human thing to do. We can't expect him to be a bad@ss ex-navy seal like the typical SVTP member.

blk02edge

Established Member
hmmm, i doubt this will pan out. I thought the courts already ruled that LEOs are not legally required to "protect" citizens. What's morally right and what's required by law are 2 different things.

Also this guy is only human, unlike the movies most cops have never been in an actual shooting before. The flight response to save oneself is a natural human thing to do. We can't expect him to be a bad@ss ex-navy seal like the typical SVTP member.
Kendrick Castillo

Zemedici

Established Member
It sounds easier than it is. Some officers have medical issues that prevent them from being able to stay physically fit at the age of 40-50yr old. But in no way is that an excuse to hide while kids are being killed.

So perhaps they shouldn’t be the ‘foot soldiers’ at that point?

Being ‘in shape’ is part of the job, imo.

My father runs a building supply yard, guys are hauling 200+ lbs of Sheetrock up flights of stairs.

Guess how many of them are over 50?

Same with any sort of contractor / physical job....the older you get, less physical / able you are. But there are exceptions.

FJohnny

Established Member
My father runs a building supply yard, guys are hauling 200+ lbs of Sheetrock up flights of stairs.

Ummmmm......My guess would be all of them. No way you're getting young guys to do that these days.

shurur

Established Member
1. LE has no actual duty to protect and serve, only to enforce laws.
2. His failure to act according to his training cannot be used in court as his training is not allowed to made known to a jury.
3. LE is protected by qualified immunity.

It doesn't matter what he did or didn't do that day. He is protected by the justice system built by LE.
And clearly the police are unable to police themselves, and their lobby infiltration is strong in the all our local, state and federal legislatures. They serve and protect themselves with virtually no accountability to the civilians they make this vague claim to.

This is the house the that LEO built.

We need:
Body CAMS with no off buttons, all calls at the scene recorded (no burner phones allowed), no more recording equipment with edit-on-the-fly capabilties...and many more things that are must haves to get the system working right.

shurur

Established Member
So perhaps they shouldn’t be the ‘foot soldiers’ at that point?

Being ‘in shape’ is part of the job, imo.

Same with any sort of contractor / physical job....the older you get, less physical / able you are. But there are exceptions.

Simply require LEOs to pass the field sobriety test every year, as PART of their yearly physical test.

Users who are viewing this thread