Pickup Test: Heavy Duty vs Heavy Duty

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
is it just me or does Dodge get their asses beat in all these tests....

The cummins is the oldest engine, with the least performance, but it's still a great HD truck. That straight six is still sweet. The emissions crap is what sucks.

to say the least. i'm not buying that the new duramax is that much faster than the other two. which is the only test i watched. so i can only imagine how bad the others are.

The LML duramax is a mean engine, We have a couple at work and they haul the mail for stock. I think with Ford going with a new engine with some unproven tech, I think is holding it back. The LML will be the end of this gen Dura, so it's pretty much all sorted out and has a proven package.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
The cummins is the oldest engine, with the least performance, but it's still a great HD truck. That straight six is still sweet. The emissions crap is what sucks.

I agree. I have an 06 5.9 Cummins. It is a solid perfomer and gets crazy mileage. Got 17.4MPG hand calc'd last week with a 6k lb trailer on it plus its on 35s. I think thats pretty respectable.

Jroc

Established Member
I'm not watching the video's as I don't want to take the time to, but I hope the Duramax beat the Powerstrokes ass. And I'm a Ford guy.

Ford needs to get over this "we're going to take steps to make it hard for people to mod our products so that they likely won't which will save us on warranty costs" BS. That's the motors problem. Hopefully the Duramax whooping up on it will knock some sense into Ford.

I feel the Scorpion has potential to be a great motor, but it needs to start with Ford making it better from the factory. Like SID already said the turbo's are one of the big problems with it, and are way too small, and the truck runs out of breathe because of it especially when climbing at higher altitudes. From what I've read on the Powerstroke forums is that the older 6.0, and 6.4 are the better motors for modding big power out of. I'm not sure how the Scorpion responds to upgraded turbo, but I would assume it would help a lot.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I wish Dodge was in more of the tests, I think their 3500 brings alot to the table (Probably why they left them out!) And 30 mph is a sweet spot for that 6 speed allison for the speed tests, I'm not sure about the other trucks.

My brother has a 09 3500 dually 6.7, 6 speed manual with a 22.5" alcoa wheel kit. The truck is a beast but it is unbelievably easy to drive. He has the H&S XRT 175 tune on it now, for a 8000+ pound truck it moves.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
I love FORD when it comes to light trucks and cars . But When it comes to Diesels its Dodge hands down .

I tow my 10K travel travel trailer with my 500lb golf cart in the bed and get 16 mpg . I can dial up the HP and get that big 'ol truck sideways through 1st and 2nd . Best truck I ever owned .

CanuckSnake

Established Member
The reason(I think) the Dodge wasn't in half the tests was because it probably out performed the GM. Why else wasn't it included? And why wasn't the 2011 800ft/pounds option Dodge tested????

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
im sorry but the new duramax does not do 0-60 in 7.7 seconds with 1500 lbs of payload...down hill with a tailwind and a banks chip maybe..

jhonda

Established Member
Most people buy Heavy duty trucks for towing....which one tows more FORD
Ford trailer towing 33000lbs payload 6360lbs
chevy trailer towing 21700 payload 6635lbs

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

where are you getting this information? The only number is see close to what you are posting are GCWR? you know what that means right? not that it can tow a 33k lb trailer!

and also! The number you posted, 33000 is GCWR, and its for the friggin F450.

Go take your time and look up the real numbers. Come back and make an educated post.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish Dodge was in more of the tests, I think their 3500 brings alot to the table (Probably why they left them out!) And 30 mph is a sweet spot for that 6 speed allison for the speed tests, I'm not sure about the other trucks.

My brother has a 09 3500 dually 6.7, 6 speed manual with a 22.5" alcoa wheel kit. The truck is a beast but it is unbelievably easy to drive. He has the H&S XRT 175 tune on it now, for a 8000+ pound truck it moves.

The reason(I think) the Dodge wasn't in half the tests was because it probably out performed the GM. Why else wasn't it included? And why wasn't the 2011 800ft/pounds option Dodge tested????

Because the Dodge doesn't haul as much ass as you think. Their chassis is behind compared to the Ford & Dodge. Since it isn't rated as high, why would they want to compare a truck that is already behind into the test. It wouldn't be safe nor responsible and quite possibly might become a liability for use by the public in a lawsuit.

How far did you have to stick your head up your ass to get that information? Correct information would be more useful in your post. BTW, the Ford still got busted by the GM during independent towing tests so your argument is therefor null & void.

Ford: max gcwr-30,000
Chevy: max gcwr-29,200

Keith Stone

Banned
Like I said above, this isn't any different than the b.s videos Ford put out a while back

These manufacturer-sponsored tests are downright ridiculous. There are just way too many unknown variables with each vehicle to warrant declaring the results verifiable. Sure, they hired an unbiased test firm to conduct the tests but who's to say that the Chevy vehicles haven't been tweaked towards each specific test? The passing test in the videos is especially LOL-able! The same can be said for the Ford-sponsored tests, although I have not seen the videos. These types of tests/videos are just more BS marketing ploys.

jhonda

Established Member
where are you getting this information? The only number is see close to what you are posting are GCWR? you know what that means right? not that it can tow a 33k lb trailer!

and also! The number you posted, 33000 is GCWR, and its for the friggin F450.

Go take your time and look up the real numbers. Come back and make an educated post.

I am so so very sorry I posted something wrong. I appologize to everyone on here for giving the wrong information. From the bottom and top of my heart I AM VERY VERY SORRY. Please forgive me. I am so sorry I upset you with my comments. I am truly truly sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry that I am crying at my moms house now. I need to go to church to ask for forgiveness now.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
My DD is a 2005 SD F-250 with the 6.0

At 100K I had to have the EGR cooler replaced, but now at 180K the truck runs fantastic. I have 2 service trucks both with 6.0 diesels and really have had little problems, both over 150K.

The tests did not cover gut instinct. I'll keep buying Ford.

E

CanuckSnake

Established Member
Because the Dodge doesn't haul as much ass as you think. Their chassis is behind compared to the Ford & Dodge. Since it isn't rated as high, why would they want to compare a truck that is already behind into the test. It wouldn't be safe nor responsible and quite possibly might become a liability for use by the public in a lawsuit.

How far did you have to stick your head up your ass to get that information? Correct information would be more useful in your post. BTW, the Ford still got busted by the GM during independent towing tests so your argument is therefor null & void.

Ford: max gcwr-30,000
Chevy: max gcwr-29,200

You should do a little research bud.
Max. towing:
Dodge: 22,700
GM: 21,700
Ford: lots
2011 Ram Tradesman and Ram Diesel HD Official Photos and Info: Ram Truck News

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD | Heavy Duty Pickup Truck | Chevrolet

CanuckSnake

Established Member
My DD is a 2005 SD F-250 with the 6.0

At 100K I had to have the EGR cooler replaced, but now at 180K the truck runs fantastic. I have 2 service trucks both with 6.0 diesels and really have had little problems, both over 150K.

The tests did not cover gut instinct. I'll keep buying Ford.

E

600hp/1100ft/pounds ,bone stock long block, over 20mpg, tows holiday trailer through the mountains, starts in -40 all winter. I'll stick with my Dodge.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I am so so very sorry I posted something wrong. I appologize to everyone on here for giving the wrong information. From the bottom and top of my heart I AM VERY VERY SORRY. Please forgive me. I am so sorry I upset you with my comments. I am truly truly sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry that I am crying at my moms house now. I need to go to church to ask for forgiveness now.

apology accepted

jhonda

Established Member
thank you so so so very much. You made my life so much better by forgiving me. Again THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH. I LOVE YOU

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
please god tell me that this was sarcasm
99wtf.gif

Users who are viewing this thread