Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

svt662

Established Member
I’m starting to think that
I agree. I have friend who pays to be a "dealer," so I actually get everything at his cost and he generally bundles orders to get free shipping. It's better than retail, but still more expensive than some of the other options.

With all due respect, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to ENJOY these cars! This was a couple of months ago...
View attachment 1726305
I have been thinking about what you had posted and you are 100% right! Next I year will try to put at least 50k miles on my Shelby… The #1 problem I have with these forums are that some people think they know everything and really know Shit! I’m doing it all wrong? But you would never buy a New Shelby that’s a automatic and would smoke our 13-14 stock Shelby’s period! Can you say New Z06? Think about who is doing it all wrong

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I’m starting to think that

I have been thinking about what you had posted and you are 100% right! Next I year will try to put at least 50k miles on my Shelby… The #1 problem I have with these forums are that some people think they know everything and really know Shit! I’m doing it all wrong? But you would never buy a New Shelby that’s a automatic and would smoke our 13-14 stock Shelby’s period! Can you say New Z06? Think about who is doing it all wrong
You lost me. My comment was made somewhat in jest, in that you bought one of the highest horsepower, manual transmission, solid rear axle Shelbys ever made, and you barely drive it. I put ~4K miles per year on my (2013 GT500) fun car, before I added a second fun car (2019 C7 Z06) to the stable. Now, I split my fun car miles between both, with a bias toward the C7Z because the Shelby already has a little over 33K miles on her.

The C8 Z06 is an impressive car, but I have no interest in one. Everything I've ever owned has/had three pedals. Everything I currently own has forced induction. I have no desire to change either. I'm not a fan of the C8 design/appearance, it's lack of three pedals, or it's ~200+ ft-lb torque deficit relative to both my current toys.

My fun cars are in my stable because I ENJOY DRIVING THEM and I LIKE THE WAY THEY LOOK. I've thought about it, and have no idea what's wrong with that?

Last edited:

blue 07

Established Member
Sad day. A foam cannon, a car cover, a battery tender, and a Captain and Coke too. LOL. Away for the winter :cry:

Attachments

• Shelby Foam.jpg
    Shelby Foam.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 63

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your car to do what you want to with. You mentioned "all your cars". How many do you own? Any more high performance rides?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Your car to do what you want to with. You mentioned "all your cars". How many do you own? Any more high performance rides?
I think he has a nicely modded '70's Monte Carlo. If it's the same person I am thinking of.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

mwilson6192

Established Member
It has been a while since I posted pictures of my 2014 Shelby. After several years of searching, my final customization will be realized --- painted front and rear calipers. They will be Brembo red with white lettering. I also decided to go with a full rotor and pad upgrade --- StopTech drilled and slotted front and rear rotors with StopTech Street pads. This should look good against my Alcoa wheels.

20211002_122050.jpg

20211002_122220.jpg

20211002_122006.jpg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
It has been a while since I posted pictures of my 2014 Shelby. After several years of searching, my final customization will be realized --- painted front and rear calipers. They will be Brembo red with white lettering. I also decided to go with a full rotor and pad upgrade --- StopTech drilled and slotted front and rear rotors with StopTech Street pads. This should look good against my Alcoa wheels.

20211002_122050.jpg

20211002_122220.jpg

20211002_122006.jpg
Nice convertible shelby GT500....and detailed engine bay! (y)

RockChalk

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread