Project "LSX Killer"

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Tell you what, the Motiva/Kooks Armageddon kit is staring to look very nice. If the TT50.com kit isn't offered in the next 6 months, I will go with Motiva.

I'd like to see pictures of TT50's new manifolds, now they made the switch to stainless instead of cast iron.

ford20

Established Member
I believe Ken put pictures up on YB, I will have to dig through and see if I can find them.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I forgot about the KenB/Lund kit? KenB was all over this forum 2 years ago, then he just vanished? What's the hold up?

Benchracer

Established Member
Here is what Ken sent me a while back. Couple pics of the molds

53F859DA-A486-46E1-ABB4-5FC81FAB0F45-9709-0000007B87632E49_zps87a7ce05.jpg

EDC46DF9-B4EE-4428-BB87-56BDDA33D4B9-9709-0000007B675F217A_zps1c6b351c.jpg

svt04cobra1

Established Member
I'm sure Ken can chime in but I believe their turbo kit is in production. It just takes a really long time to mass produce piping and if you run into one snag (which I think they did) it can really slow down the process. Good luck on what ever kit you choose.

Bud

Established Member
Badass build and great looking car! Should be a beast when it is done. Those BS wheels look really good against a white car. Good to hear the Lund TT kits are getting closer to market. Word on the street is those cast manifolds will enable more power than the manifolds in the prototype kits, so it should be very good. Look forward to your results, your goals sound well within reach of the setup you are building.

Benchracer

Established Member
Badass build and great looking car! Should be a beast when it is done. Those BS wheels look really good against a white car. Good to hear the Lund TT kits are getting closer to market. Word on the street is those cast manifolds will enable more power than the manifolds in the prototype kits, so it should be very good. Look forward to your results, your goals sound well within reach of the setup you are building.

Thanks man. Love your car and slightly jealous that you already have the kit. lol

CameronVic

Established Member
Sweet build man. Question, did you buy a whole rotating assembly from MMR? Or just pistons and rods and keep the stock crank?

CameronVic

Established Member
Did you weigh each piston/rod/wrist pin etc and make them match? Or where they matched? (Not questioning your engine building ability, just looking for pointers because I may be convincing a friend to let me help him do his)

Benchracer

Established Member
Did you weigh each piston/rod/wrist pin etc and make them match? Or where they matched? (Not questioning your engine building ability, just looking for pointers because I may be convincing a friend to let me help him do his)

Yes, they were all weighed and balanced with the crank. Kimmis racing engines did all the work on pulling the motor, dissasembly, assembly and reinstalling. I have been friends with the owner for years and know how thorough he is with things. I wouldnt trust many people with my motor(friend or not) unless I thought they was capable of building one of the best quality builds around.

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
I dont know. People have been talking about the kit being released forever now. So calm down no one is attacking your tuners turbo kit.
You are a piece of work. I asked a simple question. I never said anyone was attacking anything.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You are a piece of work. I asked a simple question. I never said anyone was attacking anything.

:rolleyes: dumbass.

OP car is going to be a beast, what gearing did you get in the t56 magnum XL? Also what rear gear are you going with? Sorry if I missed it.

Benchracer

Established Member
:rolleyes: dumbass.

OP car is going to be a beast, what gearing did you get in the t56 magnum XL? Also what rear gear are you going with? Sorry if I missed it.

I got the 2.66 first gear in the trans and put a 4.10 in the rear. I think the turbos will love the tall first gear

Users who are viewing this thread