RIP :My Shelby is TOAST!

snakecharmer03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
After caring meticulously for my Shelby in every way....It's all over. This past Monday,an older gentleman decided to accelerate into a U-turn without warning leaving me no choice but to T-Bone his Lexus. My car jumped a curb and rolled into a fence that kept it from going into a large canal.

Here's the worst part....if the damage wasn't enough, look what happened once the car was brought to the tow yard. It went up in flames and had to be doused by the local Fire Dept. If it wasn't totaled originally my guess is it is now.

One bit of redemption....despite the terrible fire that destroyed the hood, headliner, dash and engine compartment- I was able to extract the Carroll Shelby signed airbag cover and visor. A minor miracle.

As for me....a broken kneecap, c-5 and c-6 neck issues and some cuts and bruises. It wasn't a great start to the week.

Before:

ziaa.jpg

2yc9.jpg

After:

v6l1.jpg

vp7k.jpg

rf6f.jpg

Then the fire:

l4ke.jpg

7ka4.jpg

j8xj.jpg

jxlp.jpg

Next car I will drive harder and clean less. All that sacrifice and it literally went up in smoke. I thank God nobody was killed or disfigured but am bummed out about my Shelby.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Dam...sorry man ! Feel better soon. Lot of damage o you...The car will be replaced. Hope you feel up fine, and get behind the wheel again.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
hope the old fart has good insurance!

sorry to see it man, nothing like insult to injury. Hope the injuries heal up quick

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Damn sorry to hear that happen. Glad you are safe thoe

Zemedici

Established Member
Woah. Glad you're ok man. Sorry about the Shelby. She was a beaut. Worry about your health right now, that's what matters.

Hope ya feel better, keep us updated and let us know if ya need anything. :beer:

flS/R

Established Member
that sucks to see it ending up like that :( Good news is you are still around to tell us the story :)

on another note, is it just the pictures or are the fronts bald?

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
wow, sorry to see that. Good thing you are doing ok, you can always get another car.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Wow that sucks!! Op take care of your neck I fractured my c7 vertebrae and it sucked. Good luck

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Sorry to see that and hope you recover fully from your injuries.

How fast do you think you were going when you hit and did the old man survive?

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
What a terrible thing to happen. But I hope this presents an opportunity for you to move to another great car (GT500 or otherwise) that you really enjoy. Glad to hear you are relatively OK too!

sharke

Established Member
I hope you are speaking with an attorney so that you don't come out of pocket for your medical bills. Sorry to hear about the car.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Wow. That really sucks man, sorry it happened to you. Hope all comes out good in the end. Maybe time for a 2013 or a 2015!

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Meticulously cared for, and completely bald front tires don't generally go well together. Regardless, it sucks and hopefully insurance takes care of you right.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
damn bro, sorry to see this happen, get well soon, the car can be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread