Samsung Galaxy S6

scott_0

Established Member
Android fans have no clue what they are talking about! Get an andriod change or have multiple batteries expandable memory, etc. Today get an andriod best build quality. This tells me those fanboys have no clue and they will be marveled at the next marketing gimmick.

as opposed to just accepting what Apple keeps putting out, whether or not it's old outdated technology or not

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
as opposed to just accepting what Apple keeps putting out, whether or not it's old outdated technology or not

Hey! Don't you dare put the shoe on the other foot! lol

I am well past due for an upgrade on my Samsung Galaxy S3, but I really don't know if I want to go back to apple or stick with an android. I have an iPad and my wife has an iphone and ipad so I am kind of leaning towards apple again simply because the devices work together so fluidly. I don't even come close to needing any benefits android offers with customization and such. I just want a phone with a nice screen that isn't huge (hate the giant bezzles on the iphone), has a good camera and good battery life. I am not happy with my sgs3 at this point, but it hasn't been the worst phone I have ever had. I am missing out on a TON of texts and phone calls from people though.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
^^^^Great post!

People like android because you can change batteries and add/transfer data/space. I get that.
Now these same people are saying get andriod because it can't do the two items listed above. "It has great build quality!"

This tells me they have no clue and are following andriod/Samsung blindly!
People don't just like Android because of batteries and sd cards. That's just one of the perks of a platform that says 'here, have the phone the way you want it to be.' Some of the phones don't have those perks anymore, and some of us think that's a bad decision on Samsung's part. But, those two things not being on one phone (others still have the perk) still isn't enough for some of us to go Apple. I'm not one of those guys who's going to say Apple is shit and Android is life, I know Apple is good stuff. I just like Android better.

scott_0

Established Member
Don't tell me, tell the company that copied Apple!

LOLOLOL because Apple has never copied anyone huh? companies copy one another, deal with it, much like Apple copied HTC with the aluminum body with the antenna lines

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
LOLOLOL because Apple has never copied anyone huh? companies copy one another, deal with it, much like Apple copied HTC with the aluminum body with the antenna lines

In Apples defense, they did innovative copying other phone features and claiming them as a new feature to the uninformed masses.

As for the S6, hoping the Note 5 doesn't go this route. Held off swapping my 3 for a 4 since I figure the 5 isn't far away. However no sd card or removable battery may make me get a Note 4. I like keeping work stuff on one sd and everything else on another. Plus I'm abusive on batteries.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Never said they didnt. I just said that samsung copied apple which as you say is a step backwards.

My feelings are: There is nothing the iphone can do that andriod can not. There is nothing andriod can do that the iphone can not. After that its all personal opinion.
I dont like how apple controls the apps, cloud, itunes. I want to store items on my personal phone without registering everything on their corp servers. I dont like how apple does not allow people to take out/change the battery and a sd card slot would be nice. Build is good, size is great(4.7-5.2) imo, call clarity is outstanding on my 6. Like I said many people say that I am on a landline.
The HTC M7 dismantled my contacts creating like 5-7 contacts for each individual and it was time consuming to find the contacts to merge them as they did not list these contacts by name only location. The SS5 mic never worked. Samsung support sucked ass as I lost messages and some contacts with a reboot, and they did nothing else to fix my phone that never worked correctly. The only way I could make or answer a call was through the back mic on speaker phone. 6 weeks of that I broke down and paid the etf to get a new phone. LG G3 is a great phone, really no complaints besides verizon service in phoenix. Half the places I went I was on 3g including my house.
The interesting item with the three andriod phones above, all had worse call quality than my nokia smartphone from 2009. HTC, Samsung, LG all had more static than a 5 year old nokia!

mammothcar1

Established Member
That was the killer for me...I will keep my S5. However, I am not happy Verizon talking me into downloading the Lollipop? upgrade!!! Screwed everything up. I will never do an upgrade without research again.

I completely agree. Verizon's Lollipop upgrade totally screwed up my S5.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly I have no clue. Just got a random text at work and figured I would go in the store I pass on my way home from work. I'm used to being on a contract so it didn't bother me signing a new on. I was late on my payment this month (thought I had paid it already) maybe that was there way to get me in a store to pay my bill lol

I looked into this. It's a limited time loyalty upgrade. There are, though, restrictions. Restrictions that make it not such a good deal for many.
1. You have to be at least 12 months into your existing Verizon plan.
2. The deal requires customers to trade in their current smartphones to receive a Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge model. So if, say, you have an iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, the deal isn't so rosy when you consider the value of your phone on the secondary market or as a trade-in.
3. The offer is available only for Verizon’s "Early Edge" plan, which requires customers to upgrade their devices after 12 months.
4. While there is no upfront device fee involved with Verizon’s Edge program, customers are charged an activation fee of $40.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ok, first gripe ... either i'm an idiot, or theres no way to answer notifications from the lock screen. On the iphone you just swipe the notification and it takes you to whatever it was, on this phone (again, my first android) it just clears the notification ... So far though, if thats my only gripe, i think i'll be much happier with this phone than my old iphone.
Tap on the notification and swipe on the bottom screen where its empty. It’ll take you to said notification.
Android fans have no clue what they are talking about! Get an andriod change or have multiple batteries expandable memory, etc. Today get an andriod best build quality. This tells me those fanboys have no clue and they will be marveled at the next marketing gimmick.
Not true. I hate the new crap Samsung did with the S6 and crippled a lot of it. In fact, if you actually searched around, you would see how many people were complaining about the Galaxy Nexus back in 2011. So you’re a bit missinformed on that… Battery for me was never the issue as I don’t recall last time I actually took out the battery to switch it, main blow for me was the SD card.
All phones copy each other and IMO its the best way to go, HTC M7 was the first to really start with the build quality of these new phones and kept the SD card as well. So you can keep the build quality and Android features. Xperia, another candidate, SD card slot, aluminum body feel, and IP67 rating. Samsung could’ve easily gone this route but for some stupid reason chose not to.

A lot of Android fans know what they want, these companies, however, do not.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
As nice as they were and after owning the S3, Note II and S5, I couldn't jump on board. I edged up yesterday and didn't go with them after the assumption I would. I am just sick of Samsung's bloatware. My S5 ran like crap after Lolipop (and prior to) which is inexcusable. That was also after doing a clean wipe after upgrading to try and remedy the issue. That and TouchWiz (although I usually use NovaLauncher) really degrades these phones IMO. Phones with these specs should never see enough utilization to cripple them when you're barely doing anything on them in the first place.

It's not all of Samsung's fault either, it's Verizon too. They push all their crap to the phones as well so you have x2 the amount of worthless crap on your phone and long periods of no updates, locked boot loaders, etc. To most people this doesn't matter but to some of us tech lovers, we like to be able to modify phones at a deeper level of customization. Playing with the S6 and S6 Edge, I was rather bored and not impressed from the OS standpoint. It felt like my S5. The only thing I did enjoy was the new build quality but it also means a lot more expensive repairs if needed.

I ended up going with the Motorola Nexus 6. Factory unlocked, no voided warranty if you root and ROM. OTA straight from Google. No bloatware, just nice smooth Lolipop. Obviously it doesn't have all the features the new Samsung line has, but it's not far behind at all so I think I should get my worths out of it. I already unlocked the boot loader, loaded TWRP, rooted and loaded Chroma 5.1 ROM. I learned from my S5 that most of the features ended up being completely useless for me. I never used the IR remote, heart sensor or any of the crap it came with. I have my Motorola 360 which I can do all that anyways using Google FIT app.

I really wish Google would let Samsung build the next Nexus, assuming it doesn't have any of their crap on it but I think that's probably what Samsung is trying to avoid. I think they want to be an entity of their own and not even depend on Android.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Well the good news about the S6 is that its a crippled touch wiz vs the previous one’s. Bloatware are less to be found this time around which is great news. I agree about Lollipop though, phone runs smoother vs Kit Kat but there are times it slows down by a margin. My old S3 was a much better phone overall vs my S5.

Google fit is still behind Samsungs health app. Sometimes I wish Google would get some of Samsung’s ideas/apps

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I don't even use a lock screen. Just the sleep button. I still have a Note 2 though and don't have any real reason to upgrade.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I have the s6 I might go to a iPhone 6 plus..
Company gave me a 5s and its to small so I'll just transfer my sim to a 6+

My company needs to use iOS so it's what ever its a phone and has good battery life.

I don't really customize much and once I do I never change it

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I STILL use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Google phone so no bloatware. Still have unlimited data. Works pretty well after 3+ years of heavy use. I'm on my 4th battery, a zero lemon, the phone is inch thick. I like the Note but am not into the trendy Samsungs.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I had actually planned on switching to Ting or Republic Wireless for the reduced monthly bills, then picking up an S5 since their prices will be dropping now that S6 is out. But after reading all these horror stories about people hating their S5s and bloatware, and also having problems with my S3, I think I'm switching away from Samsung also. Motorola Droid Turbo, I think is the next best thing.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Best phone I ever owned was a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 rooted on stock JellyBean. It was huge but the battery lasted DAYS and to be honest I never once encountered lag or even was annoyed by Touchwiz and I used to be a pure Google guy.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Samsung needs to come out with a smaller phone with flagship specs. Copy Sony and make an S6 mini or bring out a new Alpha with the same insides as the S6, but a ~4.8" screen and much smaller body. Doesn't need to be razor thin and doesn't need to have a 2K screen as long as it has a decent battery and good processor/ram/memory.

That being said, I'd never buy a giant phone like the S6, but a friend of mine who works for Samsung might be giving me one, so I can't pass up that deal.

I really wish Google would let Samsung build the next Nexus

Based on the reports of the Galaxy Nexus years back, Google isn't letting Samsung anywhere near a Nexus phone again.

That being said, I think the Nexus program is done anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread